PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Hands

saygn
10-27-2010, 12:02 AM
One of my students has come to me a few times in the past month and said "my hand histories didn't import from my last session." Since he's computer illiterate, I figured he must have done something stupid that caused the hands not to import. However, after watching him play during one of the coaching sessions, he did nothing wrong and the hands did not import. There are a few interesting things that I noticed when investigating the problem that initially led me to believe it wasn't a HEM issue, but after some additional testing, it definitely is.

After the hands did not import, I checked to make sure my friend had FTP set to save his hand histories to the same folder that HEM was set to import from. He did. There were currently no hands in that folder, so I checked the processed folder that HEM moves imported hands into after the import finishes. The hands from that session were not there. I checked every likely location but could not find the hand history .txt files, so I had him request the hands from FTP. When he received the files, I watched him import them and it said that all the hands imported were duplicates. I also opened the hand histories to ensure that their contents were, in fact, the hands from the session I watched him play (they were).

I'm pretty well-versed in using hold'em manager, but despite clearing all filters and doing everything I could think of to locate any evidence of the sngs, I couldn't find anything. My last attempt to identify the problem was to import the hands that FTP sent me onto my own HEM. After importing, HEM showed zero evidence of any tournaments being played on that day (even though I watched him play and the existence of the .txt files proves that they were played on the correct date).

I am using version 1.11.05 Beta 18 and I believe he is using the 2nd to latest beta version. What other information do I need to provide so that you might be able to help us get to the bottom of this mystery?

Thanks,

Rob

morny
10-28-2010, 02:32 AM
please email the hands to support@holdemmanager.net and also link to this thread and well test it, if they show up as duplicates and you 100% cleared every filter then it could be a corrupt database but since your database returned the same results it sounds like a filter issue, maybe HM wrongly recongised them as Omaha instead of Holdem, anyway send away and ill check them out