PDA

View Full Version : Optimus

pepsin
02-09-2013, 09:34 AM
Great software!

Some questions:

I don't really understand the performance by gain/loss in optimus. Can someone explain it thoroughly?

Also, the no of hands and time, are those for each single tablesession or for the entire combined session? If they are for the combined session, why are my highest no of hands around 1500? Is there some kind of minimum occurences or something that make my longer sessions not being included here?

Finally, it would be nice to have some kind of filters here, ex. whether it's 6max or HU and stakes.

Thanks

Tilt Breaker
02-11-2013, 06:25 PM
Great software!

Some questions:

I don't really understand the performance by gain/loss in optimus. Can someone explain it thoroughly?

Thanks

Hi Pepsin,

Sorry for the delayed response here.

The optimus performance by gain/loss goes through your entire hand database and finds your Max win and max loss; those become the boundaries of your graph. Optimus then draws 6 equal intervals between your Max and Min.; these are the X axis data points. Finally Optimus determines your winrate for the remainder of the session from said data point.

For example, your winrate at 0 would be your winrate from 0 till the end of your session; i.e. it is your actual winrate for all hands played. When you move up to the next interval, let's say +$100 for example, the winrate at that X axis is your historical winrate for the remainder of the session in which you have been up +$100 at some point in a session.

The purpose of Optimus is to try to pinpoint catalysts that effect your performance. So for example you could maintain a positive winrate down -$300, but after that your winrate slopes down into the negative then you know to set a stop loss for -$300.

Also, the no of hands and time, are those for each single tablesession or for the entire combined session? If they are for the combined session, why are my highest no of hands around 1500? Is there some kind of minimum occurences or something that make my longer sessions not being included here?

I'm not sure I understand the question. Can you rephrase or post your graph?

Finally, it would be nice to have some kind of filters here, ex. whether it's 6max or HU and stakes.

We will be building out the Optimus functionality more this year.

Best,
Adam

pepsin
02-12-2013, 05:24 PM
Thanks a lot! That was definitely clarifying.

What I meant was that the number of "hands played during session" when I do the report for ""performance by hands played" doesn't exceed 2800 hands. But I know I have sessions where I've played more than 5000 hands. But since those marathon sessions are rare, I thought maybe there had to be a certain number of sessions with a given amount of hands for them to be included in this graph..?

Tilt Breaker
02-12-2013, 05:39 PM
Thanks a lot! That was definitely clarifying.

What I meant was that the number of "hands played during session" when I do the report for ""performance by hands played" doesn't exceed 2800 hands. But I know I have sessions where I've played more than 5000 hands. But since those marathon sessions are rare, I thought maybe there had to be a certain number of sessions with a given amount of hands for them to be included in this graph..?

Got it. Yea the algorithm cuts off ~10% of the end range to keep the graph from getting skewed by outlier sessions like that.

Let me know if I can answer anything else,
Adam