PDA

View Full Version : 1st install - can't get it going....

Qstick333
10-23-2010, 08:02 PM
I am trying to install the trial and give it a shot. When attempting to load, I get a message saying Unhandled exception "Font Verdana does not support style regular" and when I hit continue, the screen freezes at the initializing database screen.

Can anyone tell me what needs to be done to continue? Win 7 64 bit and computer idiot if that helps,

Zach

morny
10-23-2010, 09:09 PM
This is usually due to a corrupt font file, see this thread http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-bugs/3869-can-t-open-hem.html

Qstick333
10-23-2010, 09:37 PM
This is usually due to a corrupt font file, see this thread http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-bugs/3869-can-t-open-hem.html

I read that thread, and frankly, have no concept or understanding of what was said in it. Is there a solution to my problem or is HEM unusable with my setup?

netsrak
10-24-2010, 06:41 AM
Its not a easy solution if you have no experience with windows.

It seems like your windows installation is somehow corrupt. Please run Windows Update and download and install all updates.

If it still doesn't work download http://videos.holdemmanager.com/font.zip
and extract the zip filep to a new folder on your Desktop.

Then, copy all the files from there to C:\Windows\Fonts and override the existing ones.

ligmarate
10-27-2010, 01:09 PM
for the windows 7 users the windows\font directory is not available.

i have don some testing by myself and find the arial font in the winsxs directory.

the easy way to get it to work is to do a search at arial.ttf and then doubbleclick on the arial.ttf.

then click install and it should work.

more detailed......

start/computer then type arial ttf in the search collumn.
when it is found(could take a wile) dubbleclick on it and press instal.

hope i can help the win7 users this way.

greetz ligmarate.....

loustic
10-27-2010, 05:28 PM
Qstick333, I saw a trick and you should be able to reach the font folder if you're administrator.

You must take the fonts provided by netsrak. There are in a zip archive, so you first have to unzip them.

Then, in Windows Explorer, type this in the adress bar:

\\%COMPUTERNAME%\C$\Windows\Fonts

Where COMPUTERNAME is the name of your computer.
If you don't know your computer name do that:

Type sysdm.cpl into the start menu search box. It will open a box where you'll find your computer name.

So, in the Windows Explorer you type that and replace computername by your real one:

And you should be in the Fonts folder now.

You copy and paste the "Verdana" fonts provided by netsrak (overwrite them if already present), and you double click on each of them and press "Install"

wash56
02-02-2011, 12:48 AM
Qstick333, I saw a trick and you should be able to reach the font folder if you're administrator.

You must take the fonts provided by netsrak. There are in a zip archive, so you first have to unzip them.

Then, in Windows Explorer, type this in the adress bar:

Where COMPUTERNAME is the name of your computer.
If you don't know your computer name do that:

Type sysdm.cpl into the start menu search box. It will open a box where you'll find your computer name.

So, in the Windows Explorer you type that and replace computername by your real one:

And you should be in the Fonts folder now.

You copy and paste the "Verdana" fonts provided by netsrak (overwrite them if already present), and you double click on each of them and press "Install"

This one worked for me. thanks for you help