PDA

View Full Version : Error trying to open the database

pmatt10
10-31-2008, 08:34 PM
When I try to open HM, I have this message.

The following error occured when trying to open the database: ERROR: XX001: invalid page header in block 0 of relation ''pg_index_indrelid_index''

I'm running Vista and UAC is disable. Also, I'm already running as administrator in holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe, dbcontrolpanel.exe since they are all in grey

after this, I have a message that sayss that Holdem Manager needs to know where to find the database and several boxes (Server Name, Login Name, Port Number, Password) and a connect button

Those messages appeared out of no where one day. I was using HM for at least 2 months before and I didnt have any problem

thank you

morny
11-01-2008, 12:18 AM
When you get to the screen with the connect button does it let you connect?

pmatt10
11-01-2008, 12:26 AM
no, when I click on it, another box appears and says

Error when connecting to PS database 07-08 database: ERROR:XX002: index ''pg_cast_source_target_index'' contains unexpected zero page at block 0

PS database 07-08 is the name of my database

morny
11-01-2008, 12:27 AM
Ok ill ask Roy to look into this, its late in hes timezone so it will be sometime tommorrow before he can respond

Rvg72
11-01-2008, 04:17 AM
Try doing a full vacuum

1) Open pgadmin from your start menu in windows under postgresql
2) Double click on the server name and enter your postgresql password (default is postgrespass)
3) Click on Databases and select the current database
4) Right click and go to Maintenance and then Vacuum and select Full and Analyze

Let me know what errors you get. it does sound like you have a DB issue with one of the main postgres tables

Roy

pmatt10
11-01-2008, 06:21 AM
here's the message I get after I vacuum:

INFO: vacuuming "information_schema.sql_packages"
INFO: "sql_packages": found 0 removable, 10 nonremovable row versions in 1 pages
DETAIL: 0 dead row versions cannot be removed yet.
Nonremovable row versions range from 64 to 92 bytes long.
There were 0 unused item pointers.
Total free space (including removable row versions) is 7316 bytes.
0 pages are or will become empty, including 0 at the end of the table.
1 pages containing 7316 free bytes are potential move destinations.
CPU 0.00s/0.00u sec elapsed 0.00 sec.

ERROR: invalid page header in block 0 of relation "pg_index_indrelid_index"

Rvg72
11-01-2008, 04:40 PM
This will hopefully work:

1) Open pgadmin from your start menu in windows under postgresql
2) Double click on the server name and enter your postgresql password (default is postgrespass)
3) Click on Databases and select the current database
4) Right click and go to Maintenance and then select Reindex and select the Force option.

Roy

pmatt10
11-01-2008, 05:53 PM
I stilll have this message...

ERROR: invalid page header in block 0 of relation "pg_index_indrelid_index"

Rvg72
11-03-2008, 07:18 PM
Did you get that error when you tried the reindex or did the reindex complete and then this error appeared?

The fastest way to get up and running again for you would be to create a new DB but I would still like to see if I could recover this index. If you have time for me to login with www.teamviewer.com then email me at support@holdemmanager.net

Thanks,

Roy

pmatt10
11-03-2008, 08:13 PM
I get that error when I tried to reindex..

And yes, I have some time for you to login with teamviewer