PDA

View Full Version : HM keeps losing my HUD layout

FeralPoker
10-31-2008, 06:05 PM
HM keeps losing my HUD layout. The stat groupings are preserved but the layout data keeps disappearing, sometimes I get the can't write to the pospref.txt file error but more often not and my HUD layout is reset to the same starting layout which is just all the stats piled on top of each other for each player and I have better things to do that to keep recreating my layout which is somehwat elaborate every time I launch the HUD. Suggestions as to why this keeps happeneing or how to fix it PERMANENTLY please.

morny
11-01-2008, 12:43 AM
Update to this version http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.06.04beta.exe then use the save positions option when youve all in place http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=149

FeralPoker
11-10-2008, 05:11 PM
I've updated and saved and I just got the same thing as before, can't load pref file, have to rewrite and HM won't let me exit and replace the prefs file with a backup copy, somehow it decides it has to write a new one. This is literally the 20th time I've had to redo my layouts which are somewhat complex and since I play 6 max, 9 max & tournaments it's a lot of work and I'm unbelievably sick of doing it. Seriously, there goes another 1/2 hour to 45 minutes of work. At the very least, a decent backup and restore layout data approach is the minimum of what is acceptable here, I'm not the only one having these types of errors and far too many of us are jumping through waaaay too many hoops on this.

morny
11-11-2008, 02:56 PM
What version does it say in the HM title bar? I ask because there is an export and import feature built into the newest one 1.06.04 Beta RC2 so if you dont have that one download it and also the newer beta has solved that pref.xml thing for most people so it might be that you dont have the newest version or it didnt install correctly

FeralPoker
11-12-2008, 07:55 PM
Same thing in 1.6.4s. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: Done wasting my time on this crap until this is fixed.