PDA

View Full Version : HEM not importing all hands

robw1028
10-22-2010, 06:03 PM
I recently purchased several million hands from PTR (Stars, FTP, Bodog) and attempted to upload them. Several million hands in, I all the files being uploaded were showing up as import errors. After some research, I came across many posts on this forum from useres who were having the same problem and they were instructed to start a new database because the old one was likely corrupted.

I created a new database and everything was being imported smoothly until I got probably about 3 million hands in and now the same thing is happening again. I can't import the rest of my PTR hands because they all show up as import errors and even worse now, many of my played hands are being missed as well. I know this because at the end of a session where I played 4k hands, HEM was showing me data on 2400 hands. This has happened several times. My questions are as follows.

1. Any solutions to the above problems? I really don't want to have to create yet another new database and not even know if it is going to work

2. What is the best way to import approx 10M PTR hands w/o having the above problems.

3. Is it possible to create a database on say a 16gb memory stick so it could easily be used in my desktop and laptop? What are the disadvantages of doing this? Would it be slower than importing to my hard drive and how much slower?

4. How can I tell how many hands are in my database?

5. Is it possible for me to use my HUD while importing my PTR hands?

I am running the latest version of HEM (1.11.05) and Windows Vista.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Patvs
10-23-2010, 01:17 AM
read:
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/11194-top-10-hem-performance-increase-tips.html

Things to do: upgrade SQL (try 9.0.1), edit postgresql.conf (and reboot)

Don't import all 10 million hands in one go. Try 5x 2 million hands batches.
VACUUM/ANALYSE after each batch.

Database on a USB stick... I wouldn't do it. The read/write speeds to the USB stick are too slow and cause lag. 16 GB will only hold a tiny database (<1million hands)

How many hands are in the database: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Check Total Amount of Hands in Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/115/Check+Total+Amount+of+Hands+in+Database+)

While running a import from folder, it's not possible to run the HUD.

robw1028
10-23-2010, 04:41 PM
Thanks for the tips. I uninstalled postgreSQL 8.3 and then I reinstalled postgreSQL 9.0.1. I uploaded 1.6M hands and now I am attempting to vacuum. In the PG adminIII, under servers there are 2 servers listed--PostgreSQL 9.0 (localhost: 5432) and PostgreSQL Database server 8.3 (localhost: 5432). Is this normal that there are 2 listed and which should I select? Thanks.

Patvs
10-23-2010, 08:22 PM
Ideally you should have installed SQL 9.0 to a different portnumber (5433)
When you connect to port 5432 now, I have no idea if it will connect to SQL 8.3 or 9.0.

Try to uninstall SQL 8.3.
When completely uninstalled, it can only connect to SQL 9.0, which is the one you should select in pgadminIII