PDA

View Full Version : New computer

phatguy500
10-21-2010, 08:46 PM
Is there any way to get a database from one computer to another? I am getting a new computer in 2 weeks

Patvs
10-21-2010, 10:21 PM
There are a couple of methods:
1-Just reimport the original handhistories from your archive folder
2-Create a .backup in pgadminIII----> restore that to the new computer
3-Create a backup with the HoldemManager Backup & Restore utility---> restore that to the new computer
4-Copy your old SQL data folder to the new computer---> install SQL to the same folder and it should detect the old database.

SAVEST thing to do is #1.
For #2/3/4 make sure the SQL version on your new computer is the same version you create the backup in. So 8.4.x---> 8.4.x
and 8.3.x---> 8.3.x

phatguy500
11-26-2010, 07:50 PM
Thanks. Also, do I have to purchase HEM again if I get a new computer or is there any way to take it from one to another?

Patvs
11-26-2010, 10:09 PM
we have launched a new online form for resetting your own serial codes.

This can be used to clear a code so that it can be used on a different pc or clear a code if your hardware profile changes and it doesn't allow you to continue.

Please go to Hold'Em Manager Poker Tracking and Analysis Software (http://www.holdemmanager.com) and signup with a new login name and password or use your existing account. After that, simply navigate to "Upload License Code" and you can quickly add your serial code and reset it whenever you need to.

phatguy500
11-27-2010, 05:59 PM
Sorry if I am not computer savvy but where exactly is my archive folder?

Patvs
11-27-2010, 08:48 PM
Default is: C:/HMArchive