PDA

View Full Version : Ongame + HEM = problem (fresh today)

acme003
10-21-2010, 02:31 PM
I play at Betfair and this is only happening today, yesterday had no problem.
I've seen the other thread, but my client worked just fine till today( so it's another thing).

I'm running HEM 1.11.02b, because it is the only version that shows the hole cards at showdown (ty very much for not fixing that on later versions...)

I started playing some tables, and the first time I've tried to close a table the client froze.
I restarted, tried again, got the same client freeze.
I restarted, uninstalled the client, reinstall it and restart again the computer.
Again the first time I tried to close a table the client stopped working.

1) So this is the bug:
If I'm running Holdem manager (HEM) and I start importing hands it works fine. If I then close a table, the client freezes.
Now! if i stop HEM from importing and close the table manager just before closing the table , then I can close the table with no freeze.
I don't know if hem is deleting the handhistory on PS5/Betfair/handhistory, but if it does that then this can be the problem.

2) Another big problem, Betfair poker client is the only poker client that I play on where HEM+bfp are using insane resources. The client runs very well with no hem, so i think this is from your part. I have no problem on PS (you could say that this is the best poker client) but also have no problems on boss (and this is not a so good poker client). So please put some work into it also.

Please keep me updated on a solution to this.

BR,

Andrei.

morny
10-22-2010, 02:45 AM
Thanks for the helpful report, ill try to replicate tomorrow and forward to the developers

morny
10-23-2010, 02:49 PM
Can you tick forceontop in hud options > table preferences and reboot HM and see if it resolves the issue please, if that is the cause were already looking into the issue, if not please let me know and well investigate further

Also let me know if forceontop solves the resouces issue

dare_v
10-23-2010, 02:57 PM
force on top works for me, confirmed.

acme003
10-24-2010, 06:56 AM
I choose Force Ontop with Active Table Only and it works.
What's strange is that it work way faster then before(bfp+hem).
Can you give me a logical explanation to this? I have programming skills so you can get technical. I ask you this because it solves no 2 on my first post.

morny
10-26-2010, 01:15 AM
I dont know the technical details as such, a simplified version is the stats are attached to a layer thats a parented to the poker client window. Ongame done something that doesnt allow this to happen so forceontop basically brings it to the front layer which is why we see the overlap.

We need to find a workaround solution now that we cant use that layer and were working with Ongame to find that solution now

tappiinasti
10-26-2010, 09:14 AM
Just tried Ongame+HEM yesterday for the first time, Import works, but can't get the HUD on top even though I ticked the "force on top" box. What could be the problem?

morny
10-26-2010, 08:58 PM
Do you mean the hud wont show? If so please create a new thread and see this FAQ FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: My HUD Doesn't Work (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/48/My+HUD+Doesn't+Work) and answer any questions that apply to you so we can narrow down what the issue is as this thread is about the hud freezing

rje8686
10-27-2010, 03:46 PM
I re-setup my HEM yesterday and got it to import perfectly from Betfair (OG) but today I try and same thing and now the files are refusing to import. Any ideas? I have not changed any settings since i turned off my PC yesterday.

Here is what I see. It just seems to 'hang' and the progess bar never moves.

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/3103/hemk.jpg

pkm
10-27-2010, 10:59 PM
I play on Bwin.FR (ongame). I use Hold'em manager 1.11.05 beta 18.

Yesterday Bwin.FR was down between 04 and 10 am for maintenance. Since, the import and the HUD don't work anymore. Same problem as RJE.

Thanks for support.

acme003
10-28-2010, 03:06 PM
@tappiinasti: You have to make the Table Manager work with Ongame. So read the FAQ. When you are playing and importing hands, after 20 hands or so go to table manager, click table menu--> Table finder. For more details read FAQ. :)

I play on Bwin.FR (ongame). I use Hold'em manager 1.11.05 beta 18.

Yesterday Bwin.FR was down between 04 and 10 am for maintenance. Since, the import and the HUD don't work anymore. Same problem as RJE.

Thanks for support.

I re-setup my HEM yesterday and got it to import perfectly from Betfair (OG) but today I try and same thing and now the files are refusing to import. Any ideas? I have not changed any settings since i turned off my PC yesterday.

Here is what I see. It just seems to 'hang' and the progess bar never moves.

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/3103/hemk.jpg

I suggest to just let it work for while. It happen to me before. On Ongame the hh files are imported with a "special" method. So from time to time the import is searching like crazy, idle etc. Give it 30 min, 1 h.
If this doesn't work try reinstalling you poker client (be sure to delete all the files left behind after the uninstall).
If that doesn't work try HEM 1.11.02b ("my" version), you can find it here:

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/releases/30576-1-11-04-official-release.html

tappiinasti
10-28-2010, 07:51 PM
ty Acme, just posted on a separate thread, I can't get Tablefinder to work. If you have specific suggestions post there. The "Just started at Ongame" thread...

Roelkulk
11-25-2010, 09:58 AM
Hey HEM support,

I am having similar problems with the Betfair2 software that freezes. I did select "Auto force on top" and "Active table only" under the table preferences menu. However the porblem is still there. Do you have any thoughts on what also I can do to prevent this from happening?

Thanks,

Roeland

netsrak
11-26-2010, 05:47 AM
* Please try updating to the latest version 1.11.05d http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

* Under Vista and Windows 7 make sure that holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe and dbcontrolpanel.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the holdemmanager.exe, dbcontrolpanel.exe and the hmhud.exe executable and select "Run as admin" from the popup menu under compatibilty.

* If that doesn't help, please check this and answer and post the questions FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: My HUD Doesn't Work (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/48/My+HUD+Doesn't+Work)

Roelkulk
11-26-2010, 09:42 AM
I have installed the update but Ongame crashed again today. Here are my answers to the questions from the FAQ:

1. What version of Holdem Manager are you using?
1.11.05d

2. What poker site are you playing on and does the problem occur on more than one site?
ONgame, it only occurs on this site

3. Which type of game(s) are you playing? (NL, FL, Omaha, SnGs, MTT)
PLO, it also occurs when I play more then 1 table of HU LHE

4. Have you clicked on the Start Auto Import button?
Yes

5. Often times, it is one setting or option that's not correct in your poker client. Please see our Detailed FAQs on configuring Holdem Manager to work with poker sites to make sure your poker site is saving Hand History files.

6. Check to see if the hand histories are showing up in the folder that you configured in HM to auto import from.
Yes

7. If you think the hands are importing the please go to the reports TAB, select your username and run a report with all filters off to confirm they have imported.
Yes

8. If the hand histories show up in the auto import folders, but they're not importing into the database, please create a new database and try importing some hands to test if it's a corrupt database. FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Create / Delete Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/75/Create+%7B47%7D+Delete+Database)

9. Have you tried the Table Finder and did it work? FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Configuring Table Finder to Show HUD (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/60/Configuring+Table+Finder+to+Show+HUD+)
Yes

10. If you open the hand history files, are they written in English?
Yes

11. Please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder. It may be just called holdemmanager if youve extenstions turned off.

netsrak
11-27-2010, 07:37 AM
We need the holdemmanager.config file to check your configuration.

Please attach your holdemmanager.config file from c:\program files(x86)\rvg software\holdem manager\config folder (or something similar depending on your installation). it may be just called holdemmanager if you've extentions turned off.