PDA

View Full Version : Problem Re-registering

gareth336
10-21-2010, 07:31 AM
After wiping my PC and starting over, I am struggling registering HM.

I have installed it and had it running in the 15 day trial mode. I later found my registration code and tried to re register the software. Unfortunately, it turns out I had a new updated registration code to the one I used as I had added PLO Manager to my HM meaning the one I used had been disabled.

The problem I now have is that I can't get into HM. I load it up and have 3 options, 'activate online now' or 'activate later' or 'cancel', whichever option I choose I am told license not found and am shown another help box (which doesn't help with my problem) and I have no option but to close HM.

I'm guessing I need to just delete the old disabled code I entered so that I can enter the current, correct code, and then everything will work, but I can't get in there to do this. I have tried uninstalling HM and then re-installing but the problem persists so I am guessing some sort of file has been placed elsewhere on my PC that I need to delete. Can anybody point me in the right direction??

netsrak
10-21-2010, 08:21 AM
Please try the following:
1. Create a new text document in the Config folder and name it LicDebug.txt
2. Open HM and register the program with the valid license key
3. Close HM and delete the LicDebug.txt file

gareth336
10-21-2010, 08:57 AM
I have tried that but have the same problem as before. The only difference it seems to have made is that it now brings up a box saying 'DeployLX Licensing Developer Mode is enabled. Be sure to disable this feature before releasing your assembly'. It doesn't allow me to re-enter the activation code or do anything differently to before.

gareth336
10-21-2010, 09:09 AM
'Could not validate license "Professional Edition (in these brackets was written the activation code that I used and is now outdated)" in C:\ProgramData\XHEO INC\SharedLicenses\HoldemManager.lic.
This machine has not been activated.'

I have found this in my reg notepad, if I delete the 'C:\ProgramData\XHEO INC\SharedLicenses\HoldemManager.lic' file will this take me back to the original trial version? Allowing me to then just enter the correct activation code?

donkfish1
10-21-2010, 09:59 AM
hi i have just tried downloading the latest version of holdem man and it has worked on my pc but on my laptop I am getting an error box coming up when i try launching the app saying... an error occured on startup; access to path 'c:\programfiles\rgvsoftware\holdem manager\fishfinder\filterv2' is denied.

help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gareth336
10-21-2010, 12:20 PM
Donkfish, you might want to start a new thread with your problem, it might get missed tagged on the end of mine.

Netsrak, I deleted 'C:\ProgramData\XHEOINC\SharedLicenses\HoldemManag er.lic' and that has solved the problem, I'm fully registered and working now, so feel free to lock this thread.

Patvs
10-21-2010, 08:20 PM
hi i have just tried downloading the latest version of holdem man and it has worked on my pc but on my laptop I am getting an error box coming up when i try launching the app saying... an error occured on startup; access to path 'c:\programfiles\rgvsoftware\holdem manager\fishfinder\filterv2' is denied.

help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Holdem_Manager_Beta.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.