PDA

View Full Version : HUD gets stuck

HEMLPmePlease
10-20-2010, 06:37 PM
I'm running the latest version of hem on vista, I play mtt and sng on stars with tableninja and a stack of tables.

Since the 1.11.05 update, stats aren't updating for about half the players at each of my tables, they get stuck at 0 hands played with dashes for vpip pfr 3b etc.. while the other half of the players' huds update as usual.

I tried the latest beta and also tried reinstalling, but its still the same. Tried turning firewall and antivirus off, didn't work.

When iv not played with a player before and the hud starts from 0 is when this bug occurs I think.
The new players whose hud stats get stuck often manage to log one hands data, that stats record for them, but then the next hand their stats get reset from one hand played, back to zero along with the vpip pfr etc. which go back to dashes.

morny
10-21-2010, 01:26 AM
go to C:/Program Files/RVGSoftware/HoldemManager/Config folder and make a backup of prefs.xml and then close Holdem Manager and delete the original prefs.xml and restart HM and it should create a new default prefs.xml file, please test with that version and see if the problem persists and if it does can you create a new database FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Create / Delete Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/75/Create+%7B47%7D+Delete+Database) and import a few hands and see if the problem persists with the new database

HEMLPmePlease
10-21-2010, 11:14 AM
Looks like deleting my prefs.xml file worked, thanks.

HEMLPmePlease
10-21-2010, 07:25 PM
The bug has come back now unfortunatly.

Iv noticed that if I double-click the hud for the players whose huds are stuck, the session stats display correctly.

When I display session stats for some of the players whose normal stats were already showing, it often says that there's more session hands than total hands, whilst others work fine, its all very weird.

I hadn't changed any hem settings for fairly long time or anything on my pc, I'm pretty sure it had something to do with the last patch.

morny
10-22-2010, 03:04 AM
I havent had any other reports of this, Heres a link to previous builds FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Download Links For Past Builds (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/426/Download+Links+For+Past+Builds) if you want to try an older build to confirm

HEMLPmePlease
10-22-2010, 09:59 AM
Tends to happen with lots of tables while playing with a stack, works much better with tiled tables.

Also, idk how to downgrade using the update installers from that link.

morny
10-23-2010, 01:57 AM
Its the same as any other patch, just close HM and run the update

HEMLPmePlease
10-23-2010, 11:50 AM
When I try to downgrade from 1.11.05 to 1.11.04, it throws up a bunch of errors saying that it couldnt replace certain files (~40 different files).

I thought I needed to use a full installer to downgrade. I thought update installers only work when updating from previous versions.

morny
10-23-2010, 11:49 PM
No they work just like updating, Please try rebooting and Please install again, sometimes hm processes dont close properly and the install messes up, so reboot and run the update before you open and other programs

HEMLPmePlease
10-26-2010, 06:51 PM
I downgraded from 1.11.05 to 1.11.04 and its still happening.

I noticed that very few hands are being logged in the main hem interface in tourney hands.

The bug is also happening on full tilt.

The hud seems to display session stats correctly without fail, but it means displaying session stats for all the ppl whose huds are stuck, which can sometimes be most of the ppl at the table.

The bug seems to start happening/get worse when I have more tables.

morny
10-26-2010, 09:59 PM
Hi, maybe we can do a teamviewer session to replicate the problem, please email me with a suitable time to do the session and also the timezone your in.

support@holdemmanager.com