PDA

View Full Version : You say download it to Desk HOW

jcb414
10-31-2008, 11:41 AM
Ive been trying to down load sql to desk for 10 hrs. yes ive read faq and forums. I cant get the sql to work.

morny
10-31-2008, 12:17 PM
What exactly is wrong, is the speed slow, did it download?

jcb414
10-31-2008, 12:21 PM
Use HEM to try to download Postgresql hit button get. C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\LOCALS~1\Temp could not be saved, because an unknown error occurred.

morny
10-31-2008, 12:33 PM
Probably a Vista problem, looks like your either opening it or saving it to the tenp files and maybe Vista dosent allow permission for that, instead of opening it please clcik save and choose to save it on your desktop.

If that dosent work then try deleting all your temp internet files and rebooting and try again

jcb414
10-31-2008, 01:12 PM
Thats my question how do you download sql to desktop

morny
10-31-2008, 01:17 PM
Have you never saved any files to your desktop or My Documents before? It depends on your version of window try googling how to save files to my desktop with Windows its very simple but difficult to explain in words

If i was to explain it i would say click on the file, choose save, then choose desktop from the dropdown menu

jcb414
10-31-2008, 01:27 PM
Dont treat me like an idiot it doent give you the option. I open HEM, hit postgresql install Instructions. Hit postgres download and it says - C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\LOCALS~1\Temp could not be saved, because an unknown error occurred. No where does it say if I want to down load to to desktop. I am not a computer person nor should I have to, your product should work. Your smart ass remark lost you a custumer. I want my money Back.

morny
10-31-2008, 02:23 PM
That was not a smart reply and im sorry you mistook it for that, I tried to find out what your level of experience was by asking the question have you ever saved files to desktop and documents before, everyone has to start somewhere so i dont know if this is your first time to use a PC or not and its difficult to explain without knowing your level of experience. Your replies arent giving me much info however because ive not seen this before and i suspect as i mentioned that it maybe a Vista permission problem, usually typing the exact error into google will yeild best results but its not a problem with HM, PostgreSQL is just software that needs to be installed on your PC for HM and other programs to work correctly just like you need windows Vista or other software

What i dont understand is when you click on the file it should give you an option to either save or open the file if its not theres something in your settings incorrect but its hard to tell because i have no idea what Operating System or Browser your using so i recommend using google and type the exact error message in or post a screenshot to explain better