PDA

View Full Version : Door to a constructive conversation ?

10-19-2010, 05:43 PM
---Quote (Originally by B-Money)---
I originally made this thread to open the door so a constructive conversation can take place. If I knew it would turn into this I never would've done it and more than likely the following wouldn't have been developed.
* We added BB filtering. Some love it, others say it's worthless.
* We added report filtering by buyin, speed, number of players, etc. Some love it, others say it's worthless.

I do what I can to help you guys out but get zero thanks in return. It's disheartening to say the least. Everyone thinks their bug or their feature request is the most important thing in the world. I can sympathize with that on some level, but the constant bashing and comments about our priorities not being focused is extremely unfair.
---End Quote---
Yeah, I kind of feel with you.
I mean most of us just check for the reason to report bad news. Depending on how bad it is, the tone might me somewhat pissed. Something has gone wrong, otherwise someone wouldn't be here reporting it. All the time we don't check in and don't say anything we are happy with you - at least for the biggest part ,-)

So here it is:
Sorry: If I have ever been sounded offensive or abusive, it wasn't my intention to make you guys feel bad.
Thanks: Among the products if have tested HEM is by far the best and from what I have seen the support team makes a pretty awesome job

Since you have to opened the door to a constructive discussion, how to we get these things together.
Everyone thinks their bug or their feature request is the most important thing in the world
vs
Limited resources

Tough I might be totally off when I like to add your businessmodel into the above equation. To me it looks like your curernt model implies a little bit of a contradiction to a 'loyalty businees model'. Rather add new features for marceting reasons, beacuse thats the way you get the numbers.
Not that i want to complain about your pricing, but:

There is much money on the line in so many different ways to be made or lost
- not only the player himself but in times when so many ppl play backed you need to have reliable numbers not only in winnings but also in rakeback and promotions, since they are a part of your income and of the trade
- in times when games get tougher the slightest extra leak to be found or the newest way to exploit other players makes a huge difference. Just think of the massmultitabling sngregs. Find them something to improve their winrate by 0.001 and make them an extra $1k/mth.
- in times when the market has ceased its climax, the games evolves in a rush (!). New games, formats, sites, curriences, updates like once per week or so.

Bottom line: My antivirus cost me 50$ yearly, I pay whatever amount for a fail-safe internet-connection, I even spend a couple of bucks every once in a while to not have my eyes bleeding with not so fancy graphics the sites choose to provide and buy some mod stuff. Not to forgot the hardware upgrades every here and there, when I feel like "the old stuff hurts my game". Since I am not the most winning player - I am just a lowstakes guy - my guess would be i am not the only person that rather take a yearly purchase of like $50 and have something to really match the above criteria.

Not to replace the existing versions, but rather a new one. Leaner, faster, no additional apps or just by choice, maybe seperate programs for in-play after-play, probably better supporting just (the two) major sites, premium support obv aso, but before start the next feature request race by myself, i might better stop.

.. it's just an idea

loustic
10-20-2010, 03:29 PM
You could save this 50 bucks antivirus easily.

There are a couple of excellent free AV ;)

And some good firewalls too :)