PDA

View Full Version : Your awful Solution to support Pokerstars "Run it Twice" HHs

jimster
01-31-2013, 10:07 PM
Hello Support,

I know pretty much everything for HM1 is currently on the low burner, but what you pulled out to fix Hand Histories (HHs) on Stars that where using "Run it Twice" is just bad from a developer standpoint.

Instead of writing a small function that clones the HHs to the point that the split began, and inserting the cards till showdown from the two rundowns seperately and make them unique from each other in naming, everything from the start of the dual run is just snipped out. So every aspect in terms of Session Review regarding this hands is lost. You cannot review them correctly in regards to board runout and equity. They are just mutilated HHs.

This functionality could even be used afterwards and you could just implement an embargo oppertunity for the hands during import progress to not fuck up the performance and leave them out.

If you are not able to code this due to company HM2 restriction bullshit, I have a tool that is achieving the correct HH reformatting myself. So you would just have to provide an embargo for "Run it twice"-Hands into a different folder and I do it myself instead of having to request all HHs from stars again and filter them for Run it Twice and manually purging the mutilated HHs from my DBs. Is that too much asked even for the halfass job you are pulling on HM1 currently?

Thanks in advance!

P.S.: Run it Twice was introduced before the holidays, that is over a month ago. Still no valid solution, with that turnaround time I would get my ass fired. But I guess you just dont care, or are no longer allowed to care. What a shame! HM1 is a magnificent work of art and technology in my book and how it is currently handled is not acceptable.

Please think about a maintenance model to support the program the way it should be supported!

Patvs
01-31-2013, 10:58 PM
The latest build already supports Run It Twice hands and tracks the winnings just fine, http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate_Release_1.13.01_12Jan2013.exe

But both the HM1 and HM2 interface (reports and replayer, etc.) currently can't show both boards.
It will only show the first run in reports/replayer.

HoldenManager only counts the first run for EV, but the EV Diff is still based on the sum of both outcomes. It isn't perfect because we completely disregard the fact that 1-5 cards have already been revealed (and thus can't appear on the second run).

Though the EV is still going to be pretty close despite of this, so we see no real urgency to fix this.

---

We have no plans to change the interface to show both boards in reports.
For HM2 I did write up a feature request ticket to see both boards in the hand viewer and replayer: HM-6396

jimster
01-31-2013, 11:41 PM
Then please provide an official tested hotfix, when the biggest pokersite releases a diff in HHs. All I see is a beta build with no information what has been changed and also tested. I don't want hours to fix my DBs, because something was not coded properly and slipped. Nevertheless it has been a over a month.

I have an enhancement request for HM2 too: Improve performance and useability and get rid of all fancyness, that is only clogging the system. Maybe I will even consider migrating.

Patvs
02-01-2013, 09:35 PM
For HM1 if you update, reimport all your hands (into the current database).
Then the RIT hands which previously imported as errors, will show up.

...though you won't be able to recognize them. The HM2 bug ticket also has a request to be able to filter out these hands.