PDA

View Full Version : automatic waitlist problems

StonedShisha
10-18-2010, 02:02 PM
hey guys..
I love tableninja but Ive noticed one potential problem with the "automatically accept waitlist seats" for cashgames.. one that could cost u alot of money if not careful...
so this is the story.. I was playing today, 4 tables nad had the "automatically accept waitlist seats" on for 4 tables on fulltilt. a the same time I also had fulltilts "auto post blind" function on.
so I play tables and sometimes close bad tables so new ones pop up..
I played for a while and then I needed to go out to the store.. So I close down all the tables and forgot about the "automatically accept waitlist" function... ( I was on alot of waitlists too )... I did though use a hotkey to "disable hotkeys toggle" cus when Im done grinding the hotkeys dont interfere with my general computer use..

I went away and came back seeing that one table was open and was posting big blinds over and over again... I was sooo lucky though that it had just posted a couple of big blinds and that more tables did not open..

On sitngo sensei there is a "turn off autoreplay when idle for more than 3 minutes" if u use the tournament auto-replayer.
There should be a similair function for the cashgames waitilist to acoid something really nasty to happen..

thx!!

Fool
10-18-2010, 03:50 PM
The cash game never sit out actually already has an idle timer so you would time down and end up sitting out at your tables if you're idle for 30 seconds. I don't know know how it could ever post the blinds repeatedly like your describing. If you moved your mouse after you came back it would sit you in again and you might think you've been posting blinds the whole time but that shouldn't have actually be the case.

Are you sure blinds are being posted over and over? It definitely should only post them once if you doen't touch you mouse or keyboard.

The problem with putting the waitlist handling on an idle timer is that if people are waiting for their first table to open they will always appear idle.

StonedShisha
10-18-2010, 05:21 PM
hello..
This is correct what you said about when I came back and moved my mouse it started probably.. I thought I was just very lucky that a table opened when I came back but its like you said then, it was no coincidence.
thank you for clearing this out for me and good job in implementing this function! tableninja is no longer listed as dangerous to me :)