PDA

View Full Version : Database issues

bakoy
10-18-2010, 12:58 AM
Hey, first time poster!

Recently I was having some issues with my HEM, most of the auto-imports were giving import errors, so following some advice here, I exported my hands, created a new DB, and reimported these hands - although I still got some import errors as well. I then imported the "official" hand histories that Full Tilt provides, to "overwrite" any issues in my database, and make sure it was all spiffy, although again I got some import errors. However, auto import seems to be importing 100% of hands, so it doesn't seem to be a recurring issue.

Also, the hard disk space occupied by my database seemed to double after this second import, indicating that it probably didn't overwrite, only "side"write, so I tried to optimize my database to make sure everything was ok. This is when I got the following error about 30 seconds into the optimization: "ERROR: XX0001: invalid page header in block 16581 of relation "handhistories" ", which seems to stop the optimization process.

Can you please provide some advice? I am on Vista 32bit.

Thanks!

netsrak
10-18-2010, 04:14 AM
Your database is damaged again. Seems like you have problems with your harddisk.

Please stop the postgresql services and run a chkdsk.
After this you need to create a new database again.

bakoy
10-18-2010, 08:17 PM
And is it safe to export the hands in this corrupted database and re-import them to the new database?

loustic
10-18-2010, 11:09 PM
In your PostgreSQL folder install, you should check that directory:

Assuming you use PostgreSQL 8.4, go:

Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.4\data\pg_log

Check if the files are big and if you have plenty of them.

You can get rid of them, and to avoid them from coming again, you can modify in the postgresql.conf file (located in PostgreSQL\8.4\data) that line:

logging_collector = on by this one:

logging_collector = off

I see no other reason that the logfiles for your database space to increase if you've reimported duplicate data.

And regarding the hand histories to import in a new database, it's by far better if you have the original hand histories files than the export files generated by Holdem Manager.

bakoy
10-19-2010, 08:24 PM
In your PostgreSQL folder install, you should check that directory:

Assuming you use PostgreSQL 8.4, go:

Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.4\data\pg_log

Check if the files are big and if you have plenty of them.

You can get rid of them, and to avoid them from coming again, you can modify in the postgresql.conf file (located in PostgreSQL\8.4\data) that line:

logging_collector = on by this one:

logging_collector = off

I see no other reason that the logfiles for your database space to increase if you've reimported duplicate data.

And regarding the hand histories to import in a new database, it's by far better if you have the original hand histories files than the export files generated by Holdem Manager.

wow! 1250 files, 6.5GB! Great suggestion!

I also tried the chkdsk, there were only about 10 minor (i think) corrections, I'll try the new database see how that goes.

Thanks!

netsrak
10-20-2010, 03:37 AM
chkdsk detected 10 problems?
You should look for a new harddisk.

loustic
10-20-2010, 09:06 AM
Google CrystalDiskInfo, this is free software (installer or portable), that checks the health status all your connected drives.

bakoy
10-20-2010, 11:15 PM
chkdsk detected 10 problems?
You should look for a new harddisk.

Not bad sectors or anything like that, it just cleaned/fixed about 10 lines of registry/index entries. I am guessing this is not as bad? (its a 1 year old vaio laptop, so I don't think the HD should be bad yet)

So I ran crystaldisk and it tells me that my health status is good, all attributes have current=worst so I don't think it was updated at all. Is there anything I should be doingto run a check, or is this it?

Thanks for your help

netsrak
10-21-2010, 03:36 AM
I think its ok for now