PDA

View Full Version : Syncing/swapping data from laptop to desktop on a constant basis

EeeTee
10-17-2010, 05:35 AM
Hey guys, noobish question here. Basically I will likely be playing on both my laptop/desktop a bunch. And my question is, with HEM database, how do I get it so it will constantly update on both the laptop and desktop? What i'm saying is, it would be nice to have the same data on both.

Would just copying the C:/HMArchive from system to system and running an auto import on it work? Like it would just find new data that the other system didn't have?

netsrak
10-17-2010, 06:32 AM
The easiest solution is the one you explained. It is not necessary to copy the whole archive folder as it is organized in year/month/day subfolders. Just copy the latest files and please use "import file" or "import from folder" to import the hands on the other computer.
Don't configure the auto-import to read the archive folders!

The import process will ignore duplicate hands.

There are more sophisticated solutions for shared databases available: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Run PostgreSQL Over a Network (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/90/Run+PostgreSQL+Over+a+Network+)