PDA

View Full Version : Inconsistencies in aliases

atatta
10-30-2008, 05:39 PM
When creating an alias it is currently possible to add the same player to the alias twice. That wouldn't be a big problem in itself, although it would be desirable to fix, but if you add a player twice then delete the duplicate, that player will no longer be part of the alias although it will be displayed in the list in the aliases dialog.

I noticed this when creating an alias for myself; I accidentally added my full tilt account twice then removed the duplicate and discovered that the totals for my alias in reports and graphs were incorrect.

An error on adding an player who is already part of the alias to an alias would fix this for future aliases, and a player search that automatically excludes players already in the alias would be more user friendly (many people have similar or identical screen names on different sites). For fixing existing aliases, they'd have to be regenerated I guess? I don't know whether the list displayed in the dialog is stored on disk or in memory, but it's definitely not being pulled from the database.

morny
10-31-2008, 12:03 AM
Ok thanks for letting us know well try and get this fixed

Rvg72
10-31-2008, 01:49 AM
Thanks, will get this fixed

Roy