PDA

View Full Version : HEM issues w/ Win 7

dsteele02
10-15-2010, 06:06 PM
I've been using HEM for a couple months now on XP SP3 without issue, got my new PC today, went to install HEM there and it failed to install the SQL, so I downloaded v9 of SQL and manually installed but HEM is not recognizing it.

Anyone have any ideas?

If this helps HEM is installing just fine, seems to be an SQL issue. I considered that a lot of progs run off .NET and a lot of comps don't come with that, so went to install it and I'm not seeing a Win 7 version.

Any help would be appreciated.

morny
10-15-2010, 10:57 PM
What do you mean it doesnt recognise it? Can you post the exact error message please and it should help us narrow down the issue

dsteele02
10-16-2010, 04:07 AM
What do you mean it doesnt recognise it? Can you post the exact error message please and it should help us narrow down the issue

Is ok, it was a brand new system, like literally had never updated or even rebooted.

I uninstalled the SQL, cleaned my registry, rebooted, reinstalled, and it all worked flawlessly.

I reinstalled just using the bundled installers found here. Worked out great. Thanks ABigFish for showing me how silly I can be.