PDA

View Full Version : HU Stats don't make sense.

GR8Grinder
01-27-2013, 01:59 PM
Hi,

I am new to posting on here, so first off, I hope this is the right place to post this.

My problem ( question )is this:-

I was making some adjustments to my HU Hud ( HM1 ), and doing some in-depth hand range analysis on a player on whom I have 27k hands.

After running a filtered report through hm1 on him, and imputting his SB PFR cards into flopzilla, i noticed to my amazement that his pre-flop raising cards from SB, amount to a range of 73%,
yet on my hud it says his SB PFR is 54%

I checked to make sure I was using the right stat, of which I know of 3 that return the same SB PFR %

SB PFR, SB Steal, SB Raise 1st,

all give the same result of 54%,

I also double checked to make sure I was definately only using hands where he was pre flop raising, and not limp re-raising etc.

I have been using this hud for the last 2 years, and now I am so confused as to what i'm actually looking at.

This has also raised another question for me about some other stats I use, but I will leave them for now, as any replies to this, might also answer those questions for me.

Help please;
Am I missing something obvious ?

Thanks in advance for any replies.:)

Patvs
01-27-2013, 07:24 PM
Update: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate_Release_1.13.01_12Jan2013.exe

Are you using any HUD filter?
hud options--> additional HUD filters (for example a number of players filter, or filtering out different stakes)
hud options--> tournament HUD filters? (are you using a stacksize filter)

GR8Grinder
01-30-2013, 06:27 PM
Are you using any HUD filter?
hud options--> additional HUD filters (for example a number of players filter, or filtering out different stakes)
hud options--> tournament HUD filters? (are you using a stacksize filter)

Hi Patvs,

Thanks for the reply,

No I'm not using any hud filters, all are set to default.

And the only filters I'm using in reports are :- 99891

As you can see, it is for HU Sng's. This is the only game and stakes, No. of players etc that Villain Plays, so there is no

possible contamination from other game stats.

As I said earlier, I have been using my HU huds for 2 years or so, but this was the first time, I had really taken the time to do such deep player analysis.

When I then also ran the sidebar tourney preflop cards, and just input all but the lightest shade of blue cards into pokerstove,

I managed to get within a few percent of what my hud was telling me.

Is there some sort of minimum hand sample that is used for the stat to be shown in hud ? i.e, anything lightest blue not counted ?

or am I completely barking up the wrong tree.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Patvs
01-31-2013, 09:48 PM
Minimum hand sample is usually "1 hand".
hud options--> player preferences--> stats--> select a stat--> the 'min samples' should be set to 0 by default.

Don't set the Tourney details - #players filter to 0 to 2, and the #players filter to equal to 2.
Try setting the Tourney details - #players filter to 2 to 2 (with 0 to 2 it can include tournaments where the number of entries was unknown)

Set the #players filter to ANY.

GR8Grinder
02-01-2013, 01:08 PM
Minimum hand sample is usually "1 hand".
hud options--> player preferences--> stats--> select a stat--> the 'min samples' should be set to 0 by default.

Don't set the Tourney details - #players filter to 0 to 2, and the #players filter to equal to 2.
Try setting the Tourney details - #players filter to 2 to 2 (with 0 to 2 it can include tournaments where the number of entries was unknown)

Set the #players filter to ANY.

Hi,

Thanks, but that wasn't the problem after all.

I feel like such a donkey now that I've worked out what the problem was = Most of the hands on the players I was running reports on, were from data-mined hands, and therefore it was only the showdown hands that i was comparing to stats!

But, that being said, I still have some peculiar stats being returned, so would you please provide me with a list of all the stats that can be used/specifically for HU matches.

Many Thanks.

Patvs
02-01-2013, 04:00 PM
A user posted a good ooking HU HUD in this thread: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/share-your-hm2-hud-configurations/378371-heads-up-hud.html

You can use ANY stat for the HU matches (except for the obvious 6max/full ring stats such as specific positional stats involving early position, middle position, and the cutoff).

You also should trust the HUD stats (when you play) are accurate.... but when you run a report (especially when you use filters) it is possible the filters will filter out (or in) the wrong hands.

GR8Grinder
02-02-2013, 07:28 AM
Thanks Patvs

GR8Grinder
02-03-2013, 06:22 PM
[ After running a filtered report through hm1 on him, and imputting his SB PFR cards into flopzilla, i noticed to my amazement that his pre-flop raising cards from SB, amount to a range of 73%,
yet on my hud it says his SB PFR is 54% ]

** Just as an aside to this,

I am still puzzled though, as I have always thought, an indeed seen in many vids including Hem vids, that you use these hud stats to determine villain's most likely ranges.

Of course I realise, this is a guide and villain is going to be balancing with hands outside the top percentage of hands suggested by the hud stats, but even so, with analysis showing a +20-30% difference of hands, how are you meant to make sense of that ?

i.e, Hud/SB VPIP = 54%,

Reports/Holecards SB VPIP = 87%

As I've said, I realise stats are a guide, and that the percentage is of frequency of actions, but what is the use in inputting percentages into the likes of Pokerstove and then returning results that aren't in fact representative of hands ( ranges ) that a player is in fact playing ?

Patvs
02-03-2013, 09:14 PM
There is no correlation between the ranges in PokerStove/Flopzilla and.... the HUD stats in HoldemManager.

All stats, only show the percentage a player will make a certain action... when he has the opportunity to make this action.

HM2 does have VPIP RANGE, and PFR RANGE stats.
This is a screenshot of my ultra-tight full ring stats:

VPIP 11% - PFR 7%
VPIP range is between 14.1 - 20.7%
PFR range is between 11.2 - 16%

As you can see although I only PFR 7% (!) of hands, my range is between 11.2% and 16%.
Where players often think of ranges when it comes to 3bet and 4bet ranges (these stats actually exist in HM1), it's actually uncommon to convert a VPIP (or a PFR) into a range.

The big difference between PFR and PFR range, occurs when for example in 6max or full ring a very tight player still 'steals' with a very wide (and very polarized) range in late position.