PDA

View Full Version : HUD files won't import into holdem manager among other things

tonytwotimes
10-14-2010, 05:05 PM
-HUD files won't import into Holdem Manager (they are .txt files instead of .xml when I change to .xml holdem manager says "Load Failed" when I try to import.
-HUD doesn't popup on the table, even though table manager is running + importing hands (only tryed rush poker).

What I have done:

-UAC is turned off
-Using Vista, no antivirus/firewall is allowing
-Reinstalled holdem manager to new location + tryed to import old config files (doesn't work)
-Created a new database
-Deleted prefs.xml + holdemmanager.config files---holdem maanger created new ones, no help
-Tryed different Betas.

What the result is:

-I have tryed reinstalling and trying different betas a couple times, and now have a couple copies of holdem manager under file paths on my computer on different betas I would assume, none work.

Patvs
10-14-2010, 07:34 PM
update to http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Holdem_Manager_Beta.exe

Which SQL version are you using?
Vista is updated to Service Pack 2?
What (cash/SNG/tourneys) are you playing on which pokersite??

Does the TableManager that pops up when you start the auto import, detect the pokertables that are open?

tonytwotimes
10-14-2010, 07:42 PM
currently using beta 18
vista Service Pack 1
playing pokerstars fulltilt MTTs aswell as full tilt CASh (Rush poker)but have only tryed HUD for rush which it didn't work

the table manager does detect the tables, yes

everything was working fine until 2 days ago

Patvs
10-14-2010, 08:06 PM
Try updating Vista to SP2--> reboot
Then manually run another Windows Update--> install all .net framework updates---> reboot

tonytwotimes
10-15-2010, 01:23 AM
done done done.

still get 'load failed' when I try to upload the XML HUD file,

new development though: If i go into table manager and left click the table I am sitting at. and click 9max. Ok. Then the HUD pops up (only with the default HUD b/c none others work. But it won't update HUD again unless I go back into table manager and click 9max again.

tonytwotimes
10-15-2010, 01:31 AM
attatched the xml version of the HUD file

keep in mind when I went to check the HUD files after I did a full reinstall in a new location they were .txt files. So just to clear this up this is the process that happened.

1) This is when the problems started and they started before anything was wrong with the HUD: Sessions tab was not updating with hands, everything else HUD/importer was working fine but holdem manager didn't seem to add these hands to the DB. I installed latest beta, no help
2) I went ahead and did a full reinstall with uninstalling the original. I installed in a new location and when I tryed to transfer over the old config files. I noticed they were .txt's
3) I changed all the extensions of the HUD files to .xml
4) "Load Error" when I try to import these HUD files
5) HUD Files don't work//Default Hud doesn't work unless I click leftclick table/9max/OK in table manager after everyhand
6) I have 4 versions of holdem manager now installed on my computer with different betas (Could this be causing a conflict)

tonytwotimes
10-15-2010, 02:00 AM
also get this error when i try to connect to my database:

error when connecting to holdemmanager database: unable to read data from the transport connectionL an existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

Patvs
10-15-2010, 08:21 AM
6) I have 4 versions of holdem manager now installed on my computer with different betas (Could this be causing a conflict)

That can't cause a conflict, but just to ONLY use the last build 1.11.05 (beta 18)

It's not possible to change the .txt file format to .xml and import them.
You need to have exported the HUDs in a .xml format.
So I'd suggest to DELETE all your existing HUDs and just re create your HUD from scatch.

Also create a NEW database. In Database Management, can you connect to SQL? If you can't reinstall SQL

tonytwotimes
10-16-2010, 06:14 AM
That can't cause a conflict, but just to ONLY use the last build 1.11.05 (beta 18)

It's not possible to change the .txt file format to .xml and import them.
You need to have exported the HUDs in a .xml format.
So I'd suggest to DELETE all your existing HUDs and just re create your HUD from scatch.

Also create a NEW database. In Database Management, can you connect to SQL? If you can't reinstall SQL

this clears everything up thank you