PDA

View Full Version : HUD fonts broken when scanning with table scanner

Medici
10-14-2010, 04:33 PM
Hi there

I've recently found that the edges fonts on my HUD sorta "break" if the table scanner is scanning when the HUD was refreshed, otherwise it is OK. It also happens only if I set the font size to 6 - didnt try 5 cos it's too small, anything 7 and bigger wont be affected it seems.

Ive tried different fonts, bold/normal. Same thing happens. The attached picture shows the difference, they are both Verdana bold size 6. I am running version 1.11.05, on windows XP

It may seem a bit nit picking but the smaller fonts would allow me to put a lot more numbers there and the broken numbers are sometimes misread.

I'd appreciate any idea on this.

Thanks

morny
10-16-2010, 12:34 AM
Try toggling between scale font on and off in Hud Options > Appearance for the hud your using and also try the same with dropshadow and try playing with those and see if it helps.

Medici
10-16-2010, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the suggestions, but neither works.

BTW, by scanning I mean the client side scan, i dont have instascan.

Anything else I can try?
Thanks

netsrak
10-16-2010, 11:28 AM
The table scanner needs to switch off CRT fonts to get proper results when scanning the tables.
You can switch this on and off with the bottom left symbol of the table scanner Window "Toggle Font smoothing"

Medici
10-16-2010, 12:15 PM
The table scanner needs to switch off CRT fonts to get proper results when scanning the tables.
You can switch this on and off with the bottom left symbol of the table scanner Window "Toggle Font smoothing"

Oh, so looks like i have to bear with the broken fonts during the scan.
Thanks anyway for the help.