PDA

View Full Version : 1.11.05 HUD problems

e24412
10-13-2010, 09:31 PM
HUD (both pre-fetch and while seated with hands actively importing) refuses to display anything for certain players that displayed fine with 1.11.04

With some screen names, it's all dashes with zero hands, even if I have thousands of hands on them. Other names, nothing at all is displayed - I'll even pull up all of their other tables and the other people at the table will have stats and it's like that one specific person doesn't exist on any of the tables.

I have tried all of the different HUD options - DWM, PrintWindow (this crashes and freezes FTP until I end process it), ScreenScrape (this misses the first letter of a lot of screen names), OCR, redraw, all kinds of combinations.

I use Vista (basic view instead of aero) with FTP racetrack tables with avatars. I've tried switching to aero and using different table types, still with no results.

Another thing is that Table Manager does not launch when clicking Auto Import. This has been a problem for several months, but it's not a big deal because I just launch hmhud.exe separately.

morny
10-14-2010, 01:34 AM
please give HoldemManager Administrator rights:

1) Go to C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager (Program Files (x86) if you have the 64bit version)
2) Rightclick the HoldemManager.exe and choose "Properties".
3) Go to the Compatibility Tab and select "Run this program as an Administrator". if the option is grayed out then this is because youve UAC disabled, in which case enable UAC Disable User Account Control (UAC) the Easy Way on Win 7 or Vista - How-To Geek (http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/disable-user-account-control-uac-the-easy-way-on-windows-vista/) and reboot the PC then do step 3 and then you can disable UAC again if you like.
4) Do the same for HMHud.exe and DBControlPanel.exe and hmimport.exe

go to C:/Program Files/RVGSoftware/HoldemManager/Config folder and make a backup of prefs.xml and then close Holdem Manager and delete the original prefs.xml and restart HM and it should create a new default prefs.xml file, please test with that version and see if the problem persists?

e24412
10-14-2010, 02:21 AM
Already had UAC turned off, so no problem there.

Having HEM create a new prefs.xml file didn't help. There are still players that it ignores completely (no stats at all, not even dashes or a zero hand count) no matter what table they're on and others that it incorrectly reads their names by leaving off the first letter or 2 (e.g. if I have a bunch of hands on someone named ChipStacker, the hud will somehow read his name as hipStacker and say I have zero hands on him)

Patvs
10-14-2010, 07:16 PM
Which SQL version are you using?
Update your SQL, create a NEW empty database--> reimport the original handhistories

e24412
10-15-2010, 03:25 PM
I am using PostgreSQL 8.3, which version should I upgrade to?

Also, I don't have very many original hand histories. I clear them out every few weeks and purge them from the db then just use the HEM backup feature so I don't lose my hud stats from the purged hands if something happens.

Patvs
10-15-2010, 05:59 PM
Email Full Tilt so you can reimport all the original handhistories.
There's no need to update SQL, as creating a NEW database + reimport, should solve your issue

e24412
10-15-2010, 08:17 PM
It's still giving me problems with a new database - not recognizing certain names and not reading the first letter or two of others. Sometimes, if I wait long enough, the dashes will show up for the players it didn't recognize at first, but the name will be stuff like 00000000-401L with no stats.

update: This seems to just be a pre-fetch problem now. Once I am sitting in and play a hand, all of the incorrect names are corrected with stats.

netsrak
10-16-2010, 09:08 AM
Please try the different screen scrape methods in the table preferences.

Please restart HM after changing before you try it.

e24412
10-16-2010, 09:27 AM
Nothing new there - DWM and ScreenScrape have the same missing letters/000000-L/not recognizing all seated players problems, and PrintWindow does nothing and crashes.

netsrak
10-16-2010, 11:30 AM
Could you please post a screenshot of a table?

e24412
10-16-2010, 03:19 PM
I uploaded three pictures here: Photo Albums - Imgur (http://imgur.com/a/yTJry)

The first one is just a picture of a table after the pre-fetch. I have a lot of hands on xASSMANx, but no stats appear. The second picture is what comes up when I click on the black space in his stat box to see more, and his name is being read by the pre-fetch as 00X1r-aL-l. The third picture is an example of the first letter being left off - his screen name is Freddy Kreuger but the pre-fetch only caught "reddy Kreuger". Just above him in that picture is swimfishyswim, who is also being read as "wimfishyswim". It seems to happen with screen names that are somewhat long (like 12 or more characters).

I have turned off my table mods (black felt and blue background) and gone to the standard FTP graphics with no results.

I have also noticed that if someone has something like "BET" or "FOLD" in their name pod just as the stats appear, then their stats are omitted (no dashes, no anything by their name, and it never seems to show up later if I leave the table open). Is there a way to force another screen grab with like a hotkey?

netsrak
10-17-2010, 06:46 AM
Please disable the avatars and please try moving the hud elements away from the player names. Does this help?

HEMLPmePlease
10-18-2010, 08:40 PM
I have the same problem on stars

netsrak
10-19-2010, 04:13 AM
Which problem exactly? Did you check all the things posted before?

Please give us more informations about your configuration and add screenshots.

candid25
10-22-2010, 08:45 AM
Which problem exactly? Did you check all the things posted before?

Please give us more informations about your configuration and add screenshots.

Same thing on PS.

netsrak
10-22-2010, 12:17 PM
Configure the preferred seating of your pokerclient and the seating preferences in hm accordingly
* open one table, play at least one hand
* move the stats with the right mouse key to the correct positions
* table manager -> table -> save positions
* now you can open further tables but you will always have to play at least one hand for the stats being moved to the correct positions.

see our preferred seating faq:
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Preferred Seating (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/34/preferred+seating)

candid25
10-22-2010, 05:15 PM
[QUOTE=netsrak;183553]Configure the preferred seating of your pokerclient and the seating preferences in hm accordingly
* open one table, play at least one hand
* move the stats with the right mouse key to the correct positions
* table manager -> table -> save positions
* now you can open further tables but you will always have to play at least one hand for the stats being moved to the correct positions.

Thanks ! It is working

e24412
10-22-2010, 06:48 PM
Please disable the avatars and please try moving the hud elements away from the player names. Does this help?

turning off the racetrack avatars seems to have fixed it so far (didn't have to move the hud stats at all). it'd be great if there was a future fix for this so i could keep using the avatars because that's the setup i've been using forever and i'm very accustomed to it. no big deal though.