PDA

View Full Version : how do i get hold em manager?

montecristo32
07-21-2008, 08:05 AM
when i click on download
Holdem Manager 1.05.07 Download (4.5 MB):
Download Holdem Manager 1.05.07 full setup

you have chosen to open hold em manager zip

o.k i tried that but its just a blank window

i cannot download the quickstart guide something to do with compatibility issues

i have been given a link to this download and i was informed that i would be able to download hem and use on a trial basis up to 2000 hands before i bought the licence.

how do i download it to try it out?

morny
07-21-2008, 02:04 PM
When you click on that link you should get a box asking if you want to save it. Your internet security settings are possibly preventing it. If you look near the top of the window is their a bar saying something on the lines of "click here to allow access"? if so click that and select to allow it and you might have to click the link again. Theres definetely nothing wrong with the link ive triple checked it so if you continue to experience problems then pm me your email address and ill email it to you, its 4.5mb so make sure your email client allows files that big

montecristo32
07-24-2008, 07:44 PM
cheers morny.
i don't know if the site has been updated in the last few days but the homepage i was getting was not the cool looking homepage i now see.
i will try again, and pm you if there are any problems.

morny
07-24-2008, 08:01 PM
Thanks, the website got a complete overhaul, looks pretty impressive alright.

morny
07-24-2008, 08:12 PM
Ok got your PM, ill put the information here rather than by pm so people in the future can search and find the solution. Your problem is you dont have a zip program installed and the file is compacted and you need to unzip and extract it. Download this free one here http://www.download.com/JustZIPit/3000-2250_4-10222609.html?tag=lst-1&cdlPid=10808285

Then go to My documents and create a new folder called HoldemManager. We will be putting the files in there later.

Then when you open a file youll see a window open up with some files in it dont try and open the file from here. clcik once on one of the files until it becomes highlighted and press Ctrl + A at the same time to select all the files.

When all the files are selected (cant remember if theres 1 or more) then click on the Extract Icon. Now you need to extract the files to a folder. Just naviagte to My Documents and look for the folder we created called HoldemManager and save it there so it will be easy to find. It should extract fairly quickly.

Then close JustZipIt and go to my Documents and into the Holdem Manager folder and double click the file to start installation.

montecristo32
07-25-2008, 04:46 PM
thanks for the help, however still getting nothing.
i downloaded the zip program and created a new folder called HoldemManager then you said a window opens up with some files in it this didn't happen.

morny
07-25-2008, 07:51 PM
Your not following the instructions somewhere along the way, can you post a screenshot.

When you downloaded the zip program did you install it. After you install that program then you need to try and open the holdem manager file and then you should see the files in the window.

montecristo32
07-25-2008, 08:44 PM
Hello

Ok got your PM, ill put the information here rather than by pm so people in the future can search and find the solution. Your problem is you dont have a zip program installed and the file is compacted and you need to unzip and extract it. Download this free one here http://www.download.com/JustZIPit/30...dlPid=10808285

done

Then go to My documents and create a new folder called HoldemManager. We will be putting the files in there later.

done

Then when you open a file youll see a window open up with some files in it dont try and open the file from here. clcik once on one of the files until it becomes highlighted and press Ctrl + A at the same time to select all the files.

done

When all the files are selected (cant remember if theres 1 or more) then click on the Extract Icon.

Extract icon? I don’t have one

Now you need to extract the files to a folder. Just naviagte to My Documents and look for the folder we created called HoldemManager and save it there so it will be easy to find. It should extract fairly quickly.

I dragged it to the file- rather than extract icon- I created and saved it there

Then close JustZipIt and go to my Documents and into the Holdem Manager folder and double click the file to start installation.

Double clicking the file doesn’t do anything, and there seems to be other stuff such as downloads I have on my computer-pod casts etc in there.

I have been trying for hours and tbh I don’t know what I am doing. All I wanted was to try out hem this is just to much.

Thanks for your help.

morny
07-25-2008, 09:22 PM
Download this free one here http://www.download.com/JustZIPit/30...dlPid=10808285

When you downloaded this program did you install it?

Until you install it you wont be able to extract the files and see the files you need to extract. If you can post a screenshot of where your getting stuck that would be best.

How to post a screenshot: http://forums.thegamehomepage.com/site-help/64-how-post-screenshot.html

montecristo32
07-26-2008, 09:01 AM
i cannot post a screenshot, it was hard enough getting back here to post this, the reason being since trying the steps last night my computer has some problems, i cannot log off my computer as the logoff icon and many other icons have rearranged themselves and my screen is all higgledy piggledy, could you tell me if this is beacuse of something i have done wrong in extracting the wrong things or some such reason to do with the steps i took, i know this is nothing to do with hem but any help would be appreciated.

montecristo

morny
07-26-2008, 09:57 AM
Can you pm me your email and ill send you the unzipped files. If your computer has problems posting a screenshot though then you might have problems installing postgreSQL and Holdem Manager.

Certainly none of the things youve tried would do any harm to the computer so it sounds like theres a few problems with it. If you continue to get more problems id suggest posting on some of the pc support forums on the net and when you get the pc fixed then come back and ill help you install HM

In the meantime send me your email

montecristo32
07-26-2008, 06:35 PM
i appreciate all your help morny, a lot better than other poker softwares support which is why i am still interested in getting hem, however not at this present time due to my computer having gone insane for reasons best known to itself. but i will be back and i really hope i can get it to work.
cheers
montecristo

morny
07-26-2008, 06:38 PM
No problem, when you get that problem fixed come back and ill try and do a screenshot illustration of what you need to do

montecristo32
08-13-2008, 09:49 PM
i'm back, problems fixed.
would still like to get hem but still cannot get it.

fabio
08-14-2008, 09:30 AM
What exactly is the problem?

montecristo32
08-14-2008, 12:48 PM
I have downloaded the zip application, created a new folder called HoldemManager etc
But I am doing something wrong along the way, and i don't know what. a step by step guide for idiots would be nice.

morny
08-14-2008, 03:00 PM
email me at morny@holdemmanager.net and let me know a suitable day and time (GMT) for me to have a look at your pc via www.teamviewer.com