PDA

View Full Version : A Few Questions

5th Suit
10-13-2010, 01:37 PM
Hello,

I recently purchased and downloaded HEM. I imported my hand histories into the program but I only had a month's worth on my computer. I e-mailed my poker sites for them to send me my hand histories, which they did.

I have a few questions regarding how I import these e-mailed hand histories into the program.

1: Do I have to move them from their downloaded folder into the folder that my hand histories are regularly saved in?

2: The hand histories that were e-mailed to me contain some of the same hands that the database currently holds. Does HEM know to disregard the same hands or will it cause a problem, like duplicate hands resulting in skewed statistics?

3: I have a different screen name for the other site I play poker on. Is there a way I can load all my hands to see my stats as a sum between the two names, and very easily switch between "stats for name 1", "stats for name 2", "collective stats for both names (as one person)"? If so, can you tell me how to do this and/or point me to the tutorial that will show me how?

Please answer these questions for me,

I greatly appreciate your time and assistance,

Thank you very much,
Joey

ps: one more question if you have time to answer: What is the purpose of the hand range tool? I read up about it on the resource section of your site but it didn't say if it was to be used in real-time during play or afterwards. I ask because I can't find any other way to run the tool without opening up the hand replayer. Thanks again,

morny
10-13-2010, 08:13 PM
1: Do I have to move them from their downloaded folder into the folder that my hand histories are regularly saved in?

yes definetely, bulk imports should only be done using the import from file and import from folder option, auto import is only for small number of hands (hundreds) as you play but bigger files with thousands of hands may corrupt the database and cause lots of problems if you use auto import and if the files are in the import folders that will cause this

2: The hand histories that were e-mailed to me contain some of the same hands that the database currently holds. Does HEM know to disregard the same hands or will it cause a problem, like duplicate hands resulting in skewed statistics?

Yes we check the game number and ignore duplicate hands

3: I have a different screen name for the other site I play poker on. Is there a way I can load all my hands to see my stats as a sum between the two names, and very easily switch between "stats for name 1", "stats for name 2", "collective stats for both names (as one person)"? If so, can you tell me how to do this and/or point me to the tutorial that will show me how?

See this FAQ for details of how to manage multiple aliases
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Player Name & Alias (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/33/Player+Name+%26+Alias+)

one more question if you have time to answer: What is the purpose of the hand range tool? I read up about it on the resource section of your site but it didn't say if it was to be used in real-time during play or afterwards. I ask because I can't find any other way to run the tool without opening up the hand replayer. Thanks again,

its a post session review tool, allows you to assign ranges and see how the flop might hit those ranges, its not for live play, most sites dont allow tools that help you make decisions while playing

5th Suit
10-13-2010, 11:06 PM
you are awesome, ty for your time and help.