PDA

View Full Version : Problems after database optimizaton.

Asmanez
10-12-2010, 03:12 PM
Hello, first of all, sorry for my bad english.
Thats what i did:
I download and install the latest at current moment version of HM (1.11.05).
Then i go to Database managment, and choose to optimize database (full). After successful operation i go to Tune tab, and try to tune postgress. Everything looks ok.

What happend:
I played some HU SNGs, HUD was ok, hands are correctly imported, and i can see them into Tourney/Hands tab. But on the Tourney/Results tab there are no new tourneys, so i can see tourneys that i played before doing things, about i write in the first part, but no tourneys that i play after.

Can you give me any advice, exept Tune/restore and reinstall HM upgraide, cause i alredy did this things.
Again sorry for my english, and thanks in advice.

Patvs
10-12-2010, 07:42 PM
Can you create a NEW database, reimport your hands and NOT use the optimization tool.

Which SQL version are you currently using?

Asmanez
10-13-2010, 01:55 AM
I'm using 8.4 version.

Sure i can recreate database, but I was hoping that there is a more elegant solution. Thank you for taking note of my problem.

Patvs
10-13-2010, 08:07 AM
Download the SQL 8.4.5 installer from PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database (http://www.postgresql.org) and update your current SQL installation.

NEW database + reimport usually is the only solution to fix these type of problems. Technically you could try to REINDEX your entire database in pgadminIII. Rebuilding the indexes can also fix these issues