PDA

View Full Version : HM slowing down the computer

fragmacc
10-11-2010, 05:16 AM
Hey guys,

Lately im experiencing strange things with my HEM, its not importing hands from ftp/stars, or "importing" them but actually reproducing mystical errors. The other thing is that HEM is suddenly using almost all resources of my computer, when I push start auto import, the computer just freezes, nothing can be opened and it lags like hell.
Maybe I have to get some updates for my HEM? Hem version is 1.11.01b

Regards,
fragmacc

netsrak
10-11-2010, 08:39 AM
Please update to our latest Beta: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Holdem_Manager_Beta.exe

Please check our performance tips: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Holdem Manager Performance & Speed Tweaks (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/373/Holdem+Manager+Performance+%26+Speed+Tweaks)

And please make sure that your configured auto-import folders are empty except current hands. All auto-imported hands should automatically be moved to the archive folder (default c:\hmarchive) 15 minutes after the import. This archive folder must not be in the same folder structure as any of the auto-import folders.

fragmacc
10-18-2010, 10:22 AM
aint helping me.
any other tips?

netsrak
10-18-2010, 01:51 PM
Please attach your holdemmanager.config file from c:\program files(x86)\rvg software\holdem manager\config folder (or something similar depending on your installation). it may be just called holdemmanager if you've extentions turned off.

fragmacc
10-20-2010, 06:04 AM
here you go

Regards,
f

netsrak
10-20-2010, 08:31 AM
Please remove the duplicate entries for ftp and stars from your auto-import settings.
Please define your hero names under Hud options->setup hero names.

Did you check the handhistory folders? Are they empty?

Are you using prefetch or live-tracking? Please disable them.

If it still doesn't work please try with a new database for a test.

For further help:
which operating system?
Are you using any 3rd party firewall, anti-spyware, adaware, tuning or registry cleaning programs? And if yes which ones?

fragmacc
10-21-2010, 10:44 AM
added hero names, removed duplicates, deleted every single hh from all folders. the hud still pops up and doesnt import the hands.

what is prefech? live tracking?
how can I try it out with a new database?

im using XP professional, so as Microsoft Security Essentials (free version), and I clean registries with Uniblue Registry Booster 2009.
I have battery problems with my laptop and it sometimes switches off suddenly.
Maybe hm was working on something, some log got corrupt and uniblue cleaned it away if it helps.

loustic
10-21-2010, 01:09 PM
What's your configuration ? (CPU / RAM / graphic card)

What's the version of PostgreSQL ? Antivirus running ?

Are you sure this is HEM that uses most of your ressources, or PostgreSQL ?

By going in the task manager, you can see the processes running.

Check which processes use the more of your CPU and RAM.

Also, you should consider to upgrade to HEM 1.11.05 imho.

fragmacc
10-22-2010, 10:09 AM
im using Postgres_8.3.9-v1.0.7 because I had some issues when installing postgre and this was the only one that helped.

I dont think its connected with ram etc, because my hem was running smoothly for 9 months and now suddenly it isnt importing hands anymore.

fragmacc
10-22-2010, 10:21 AM
well, seems that HEM is importing the hands but shows that it has an error every time. hand histories are in english ofcourse.

netsrak
10-22-2010, 11:57 AM
Please try a reindex of your database via pgadminIII->maintenance.
If that doesn't help you should create a new database and reimport all your hands (+notes +summaries).