PDA

View Full Version : Tourney numbers wrong (PT3-> HEM)

d7o1d1s0
10-10-2010, 08:38 AM
Hi there,

I've recently changed over from PT3 and am trying to set up HEM as my main database. I imported my old database from location ...../programfiles/pt3/processed, and while my cash game numbers are correct, i'm showing as having played 438 9-man sngs with a -94.3% ROI, which is obviously throwing my graph all out of whack. SS has me as having played 91 SnG's.

Could this be something to do with PT3 altering my HH's as part of the 'tournament detection' thing (which doesn't work fwiw)? Is there any way i can manually alter/delete these tourneys, or preferably get the proper information from them?

Thanks very much

Patvs
10-10-2010, 09:11 AM
Played on Stars?

You need to request and import any/all your tournament histories and import those to HM. Stars does not write the tourney summaries to your hard drive, like FTP does.

Pokerstars > Lobby > Requests > Tournament History .. > 200

Then you have to create a text file, from the email, to import to HM.

d7o1d1s0
10-10-2010, 05:40 PM
Ok, because the affected tourney's stretch pretty far back, i emailed stars and they're going to send me every hand i've ever played on the site, so i can import them. Will i need to do anything beyond importing them? I think the hands will probably be interpretted as duplicates, will i need to erase all of the old tournament hand histories?

Thanks

morny
10-10-2010, 11:06 PM
its not just the hand histories you need its the summaries, they usually send this in .htm or similar format, if they send you it in excel this is no good as we dont support excel. Once you get the .htm format just import it like any other file and it may take some time to import it as theyre usually quite big.

you may not even need the full list of hand histories, it might be the difference was just because of the summaries but to be sure you can try importing them all again, if the hand is already in the database it will just ignore it so it wont cause a problem.

The summaries tell us the prize payout and your finishing position which the hand histories usually dont have for MTTs so this should correct most of the issues

d7o1d1s0
10-11-2010, 06:04 PM
Ok, thanks very much for ur help so far.

I got all of my tournament summaries from pokerstars, unizipped them into webpages, saved them as html only files and imported them to HEM. Didn't take long at all but I can only assume it all went fine.

Its now showing 6488 tournaments played, only just over the 6294 tracked by sharkscope, but its saying i'm down around $14k, which trust me i'm not rich enough for.

In my first ~2.4k tourneys the graph is in freefall, accelerating i think with my increasing average buy-in, making me think its not recording any cashes in these tourneys.

Any suggestions as to why this might be?

Thanks again

morny
10-11-2010, 10:43 PM
When you imported the summary did it say imported 1 of 1 to say it was succesful?

you say you saved them as html only files, you shouldnt have changed anything with the extensions, just unzip them and import them. Try moving them to a new folder and reimporting them without changing their extensions, take a screenshot of your before and after results and also when its finished importing see if there were import errors or if it says x of x imported

d7o1d1s0
10-12-2010, 02:43 PM
Ok, i re-imported them without messing with the extension, afraid it didn't do anything, here is a screenshot:

http://i919.photobucket.com/albums/ad31/d7o1d1s0/HEMss.jpg

They definately inported ok, they showed 1 of 1, and there was only 4 import errors. Any ideas? Fwiw, filtering results by tourney size (i.e. 9, 18 and 180 mans) shows that they're all a off in their own way. i.e. i don't think its one specific tourney format that is wrong.

Patvs
10-12-2010, 05:57 PM
Reimport them into a 1.11.05 database + the PokerStars summary file

http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Holdem_Manager_Beta.exe

d7o1d1s0
10-13-2010, 01:52 PM
ok, i've updated to 1.11.05 beta 18 as directed, it now doesn't seem to do anything when i try to re-import the summaries. it doesn't come up 1 of 1 or anything, and still no change in the results. have got all my hand histories direct from stars, will try re-importing them again overnight and report back.

thanks for ur help so far in getting this sorted

d7o1d1s0
10-14-2010, 07:45 AM
ok, reimported all 470k of my hands, tourney numbers are still way off.

is there any way i could create a new database, import all of my HH's and tourney summaries into there and just use that one? I really think that PT3 has altered the histories in some way which is causing it to mess up.

could anyone talk me through how to do this?

Patvs
10-14-2010, 04:26 PM
options---> database management--> connect--> create a NEW database

try importing them into the new empty database.

I'd also email PokerStars... tell them you'd like to request:
-all your handhistories
-all your SUMMARIES
since it is quite possible PT3 make some alterations to the original handhistory/summary format which is confusing the import in HoldemManager

d7o1d1s0
10-14-2010, 08:37 PM
CONFIDENT this will get it done for me. importing tonight, fingers x'd. thanks very much for all your help.