PDA

View Full Version : HMHud.exe doesn't start in user account as admin

Ferdy89
10-10-2010, 05:31 AM
Hi, I'm taking care of a friend's computer and so I have the control over the admin account and I gave him a normal user account.

He loves poker, so I installed him PokerStars, HoldemManager and TableNinja amongst others. In order to be able to run HM properly I found a way to run programs as admin with the command "runas". With this trick I got to execute everything perfectly (Ninja, HM, PS Update...) but not HMHud. When I click autoimport HMHud just doesn't start when running HM as admin.

I created a shortcut for HMHud and that just does the trick while playing. PS is running as user so it doesn't matter HMHud runs as user. The thing is it doesn't work on the HM replayer because this time the HM replayer is running as admin. What can I do? My friend keeps asking me for the HUD working on the replayer.

It sure is a bit confusing (and weird). Believe me, I have tried everything before posting here but I'm out of ideas. I think it might have something to do with the way HoldemManager creates the HMHud process.

I would appreciate any hint. The only thing I can't do is give my friend an admin account. I'm being paid to take care of his computer and he is extremely dumb, so I'm not giving him admin privileges xDD.

One last question. What exactly does the "Relaunch HUD" button does? It doesn't work either.

Thanks guys!

Patvs
10-10-2010, 07:58 AM
Relaunch HUD--> executes hmhud.exe again.
So you can bring the HUD back if you're in the middle of a auto import.

I'd just give him a admin account.

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Ferdy89
10-11-2010, 05:46 PM
The thing is that Relaunch HUD doesn't do anything, it doesn't run any hmhud process. On the other hand, when I run TableNinja from the TableNinja tab (with that big button "Run TableNinja") it successfully starts with root privileges!

I wonder what is the difference between the two methods (Relaunch HUD and Run TableNinja). I know it's weird but I would really appreciate some help here.

Also, I know giving him an admin account would solve everything but it's just annoying to have to set up all the entire system every two months because the user just destroys it (who knows how, but it does happen :confused: )

Anyway, the computer is running under W7 Professional (32 bits) with the Windows Firewall and the free version of the Avira Antivirus. I have done everything about running the mentioned exe files as administrator (as I have said, I do this installation many times a year xD) but nothing works.

The only feature I can't figure out how to make work is the HUD on the replayer. Can i ask for a clone of the "Run TableNinja" button but for the HUD?

Thanks a lot Patvs :)

morny
10-11-2010, 11:49 PM
If you go to C:/Program Files/RVGSoftware/HoldemManager, then right click on hmhud.exe and choose properties > send to > desktop and it will create a shortcut icon on the desktop, add this to your quick launch menu and use this to launch the hud anymore

Its usually a firewall/UAC issue that causes it, doing a full revo uninstall and reinstall usually solves it, if you want the step by step for that just let me know and ill post it otherwise that quicklaunch option should work in the meantime

Ferdy89
10-12-2010, 05:57 AM
That exact trick you mentioned with the shortcut in the quick launch bar is the one I have been using. The problem keeps being the same, it runs with user privileges but I need it to run as admin.

I guess I will try a full revo uninstall and hope next time I install it will work. Anyway I would really appreciate some help here, I think the HMHud source code must have some sort of a system call which makes it crash under my circumstances, but I don't know how to find that bug (because I don't have the source, of course).

Thanks, guys!

morny
10-12-2010, 11:52 PM
Weve already been looking into it and it looks as if either a firewall or UAC are preventing it from running and we also dont know what causes it. Once HM has admin rights and HM prompts to run hmhud.exe that should have the same priveleges but for whatever reason this happens occasionaly where something starts blocking it, were still looking into it so maybe well find a solution soon