PDA

View Full Version : Importing Info/Hands From old computer to new computer

greysonshreds
10-08-2010, 06:08 PM
I recently purchased a new Macbook Pro and am using Boot Camp to run Windows 7 Ultimate. I have Hold'em Manager up and running perfectly. I read the instructions on how to import hands onto the new laptop, however I cannot open Hold'em Manager on my old computer to use the export tool... :(
When looking at the C:\HMArchive folder I can see all my HH's and everything seems to be there, but the program itself won't open.
I'll give you a brief understanding why this might be. I recently bought new hardware for my home tower keeping only the old hard drives (all of which were working.) However, when I transfered everything over to the new case it didn't recognize the hard drives in the same order as before. I had Hold'em Manager on the D: drive, but now it is seen as E: or F:. I'm not entirely too sure if that's why I cannot open Hold'em Manager, but I felt it might be useful information. Regardless, I'm planning on reformatting the drives. I just need to get the information from Hold'em Manager (stats of other players, graphs etc.) Is there a way to take the hand histories from the Hold'em Manager folder (my towers hard drives) and put them in my laptops HEM folders to use the information without the use of the exporting tool? If not is there another way of doing this... Maybe a way to repair the program on my home computer to actually use the exporting tool?
Sorry for the long post. Thanks ahead of time for the responses.

morny
10-08-2010, 11:03 PM
You can just copy and paste the files from the C:/HMarchive folder to your new PC and import all of those files into your current database. This should pickup most of the other hands but it wont pickup things like notes etc but giving the situation looks like the best solution

greysonshreds
10-09-2010, 05:11 PM
Thanks for the response Morny. I assume that when I do this, Hold'em Manager will distinguish between tourney and cash games? Also besides notes is there anything else that will not import? Luckily I usually make notes in PS not in HEM. :)

morny
10-09-2010, 09:34 PM
Yeah it will distinguish between the two for you. You'll lose any tournament summaries you might have imported, bonuses and rakeback entries you made. Anything thats not stored in the hand history basically