PDA

View Full Version : Lag issue after 1 hour of play

Bossi22
12-21-2012, 02:53 PM
Hi,

Recently after formatting my pc I also have lag issues when playing. It is somewhat playable, just constantly small lags. The more hands I get in, the worse it gets.

I tried several things, which include multiple virus/trojan scans, adding rundll32.exe (and 64) to firewall and windowsdefender, and just tried to switch to basic or classic view.

At first I though the problem was solved, everything ran really smooth again, but after an hour or so the client started to lag and it gets worse the more I play.

This is really annoying because I never had this problem for a long time, but since my format I keep having this issue.
I know it has something to do with rundll32.exe and tiltbreaker. Multiple Rundll32.exe files pop up in my taskmanager when using pokerstars and tiltbreaker. If I play poker without tiltbreaker, I have no problems whatsoever.

I even tried to do another format, and for a short time it ran smooth, up untill 1 hour in or so.

I have every driver updated, my videocard is ATI Radeon HD 4200.
Tnx for your help.

Bossi22
01-04-2013, 03:17 PM
Some updates would be really nice. Pokerstars is unplayable with tiltbreaker after 1000 hands, it is like playing in slowmotion.

However the process of fixing the problem also seems to go in slowmotion.

Tilt Breaker
01-05-2013, 11:07 AM
Some updates would be really nice. Pokerstars is unplayable with tiltbreaker after 1000 hands, it is like playing in slowmotion.

However the process of fixing the problem also seems to go in slowmotion.

Sorry for the delay, I got backlogged over the holidays.

We have looked into this issue, but it is a "needle in a haystack" type thing. Additionally this is only affecting an extremely small portion of users that use TB, like < 10 reports over several months. This makes it seem like it is an individual user variable instead of something that will affect significant portions of our user base. So either TB is the tipping point on your processor capacity or something (your anti virus) is interfering with TB. Have you tried uninstalling your anti virus?

Once we finish tournament support we can try taking a deeper look into this, but like I said there aren't many reports about this so we don't have much data to go on.

Best,
Adam

Bossi22
01-05-2013, 12:04 PM
Sorry for the delay, I got backlogged over the holidays.

We have looked into this issue, but it is a "needle in a haystack" type thing. Additionally this is only affecting an extremely small portion of users that use TB, like < 10 reports over several months. This makes it seem like it is an individual user variable instead of something that will affect significant portions of our user base. So either TB is the tipping point on your processor capacity or something (your anti virus) is interfering with TB. Have you tried uninstalling your anti virus?

Once we finish tournament support we can try taking a deeper look into this, but like I said there aren't many reports about this so we don't have much data to go on.

Best,
Adam

Hm ok I though this was a common problem. Out of those ten are problably five of mine so that makes it even less.
I understand this is a low priority for you so I understand why there is not an instant fix available. However that does not solve my problem.

I need tiltbreaker for having a piece of mind. Knowing it is impossible to have heavy losses makes me play so much better. It is like a home alarmsystem. Even if I know 99 out of 100 times nothing happens during the defect, that 1% makes such a difference. If I go to sleep knowing 1 out of 100 I am going to wake up the next day looking at an empty house, with my butt cheeks sewed together, my cat dead on the floor after being raped and tortured and seeing that someone set Torres as my fantasy captain just before the deadline, there is no way I am going to sleep.

Ok maybe a bit over the top, but I hope you get my point. I am not playing without tiltbreaker. This is hands down the best poker investment (after HEM) I have made, to the point I can't play without it.

If would be helpfull if I know what those other nine who lag and me (and me or and I?) have in common. If we all have windows 7, I'll buy windows 8. If we all have the same videocard, I'll buy a new videocard, etc etc. But at the moment I do not know what causes it, so I am not going to buy new stuff if I am not sure it fixes the problem.

I just reinstalled windows 7 again. But now formatted all system drives as well, so hopefully this works. All my registrys are now cleaned as well. No idea why I didnt do this before.

Atleast thank you for your time and hopefully some positive news from me anytime soon.

Bossi22
01-05-2013, 10:13 PM
Ok update.

After reinstalling my laptop for the third time, still nothing.

Same thing happens, play one hour. Start to lag. Unable to play, go into mini tilt, spew a bit of money, quit.

Facts for me are:

I have a product I paid for that does not work.
The problem I have, even after countless hours googling for answers and formatting my laptop, is still unresolvable.
It is a very low priority for tiltbreaker to fix this problem.
Tiltbreaker has no clue how to fix it, and at the moment don't care.
I have not enough selfdiscipline to play without tiltbreaker.
I need to make hours for side income and to build a bankroll, now I have to cash out constantly because I spend more than I make.

So I am pretty much screwed?

fozzy71
01-06-2013, 12:06 PM
I need tiltbreaker for having a piece of mind. Knowing it is impossible to have heavy losses makes me play so much better. It is like a home alarmsystem. Even if I know 99 out of 100 times nothing happens during the defect, that 1% makes such a difference. If I go to sleep knowing 1 out of 100 I am going to wake up the next day looking at an empty house, with my butt cheeks sewed together, my cat dead on the floor after being raped and tortured and seeing that someone set Torres as my fantasy captain just before the deadline, there is no way I am going to sleep

I have to say, this made me LOL.

.......If would be helpfull if I know what those other nine who lag and me (and me or and I?) have in common. If we all have windows 7, I'll buy windows 8. If we all have the same videocard, I'll buy a new videocard, etc etc. But at the moment I do not know what causes it, so I am not going to buy new stuff if I am not sure it fixes the problem.

I just reinstalled windows 7 again. But now formatted all system drives as well, so hopefully this works. All my registrys are now cleaned as well. No idea why I didnt do this before.

Atleast thank you for your time and hopefully some positive news from me anytime soon.

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Many of those free Norton, Mcaffee, Comodo, Zonealarm, etc, 'internet security' bundles will not work well with holdem manager and perhaps they are causing issues with TB as well.

Please do the following steps, so we can get your computer to a state that we know will work with Holdem Manager:

1) Uninstall any 3rd party security software bundles.
2) Reboot your computer
3) Please install the latest version: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Holdem_Manager_2_Beta.exe
4) Enable Windows Firewall's recommended settings through your Control Panel, turn off Windows Defender, and add firewall exceptions for HM and SQL - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1011/Software+Security+Problems+%28Firewall%29
5) Install Microsoft Security Essentials for antivirus/malware protection and update it - Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows (http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/)

Ok update.

After reinstalling my laptop for the third time, still nothing.

Same thing happens, play one hour. Start to lag. Unable to play, go into mini tilt, spew a bit of money, quit.

Facts for me are:

I have a product I paid for that does not work.
The problem I have, even after countless hours googling for answers and formatting my laptop, is still unresolvable.
It is a very low priority for tiltbreaker to fix this problem.
Tiltbreaker has no clue how to fix it, and at the moment don't care.
I have not enough selfdiscipline to play without tiltbreaker.
I need to make hours for side income and to build a bankroll, now I have to cash out constantly because I spend more than I make.

So I am pretty much screwed?

1) Go to C:\Program Files\Holdem Manager 2 (Program Files (x86) for the 64bit version)
2) Right click the HoldemManager.exe and choose "Properties".
3) Go to the Compatibility Tab and select "Run this program as an Administrator".
4) Repeat Steps 2 and 3 for HudFuncsApp.exe

Do the same for tiltbreaker.exe and all your poker client .exe files.

Please reinstall Microsoft .NET Framework - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1881/Holdem+Manager+.NET+Cleanup+Instructions

If you continue to have problems, please duplicate the issue and send us log files:
- Open Windows Event Viewer's - Windows Logs - Applications.
- Check for any errors and send the information (Save All Events As...).
- Please send a log file as well if you are using HM2 - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1921/How+Do+I+Send+a+Log+File+to+Holdem+Manager+Support %3F

Please zip and email the logs, with a link to this thread and your forum name, to hm2support@holdemmanager.com

Bossi22
01-06-2013, 07:00 PM
Thank you Fozzy,

Last time I basically played on an empty laptop (windows 7 ultimate). Only Hem, stars and tiltbreaker installed (pretty much).
I have no time tomorrow but am going to follow these steps next tuesday.

Again tnx.

fozzy71
01-06-2013, 08:56 PM
Thank you Fozzy,

Last time I basically played on an empty laptop (windows 7 ultimate). Only Hem, stars and tiltbreaker installed (pretty much).
I have no time tomorrow but am going to follow these steps next tuesday.

Again tnx.

OK, good luck. I am not sure if they will fix your issues but I figured we should start with the basics and try to get some sort of documentation/logs to start debugging the problem. I am not sure if TB has it's own logging as well but I expect the TB support will jump into this thread soon and ask for any other information that might help them.

Bossi22
01-08-2013, 10:45 AM
Update.

After following your steps still nothing. Play one hour, things start to lag. Though it might have something to do with the fact that I have windows 7 64bit, so I got a copy of a 32b version and tried it once more.

Sadly enough, nothing.
At the moment I have HEM 1 and not HEM 2. Actually it did all start when purchasing HEM 2. Everything was working fine but because I know HEM 2 needs a few more recourses I wanted to format my laptop for performance reasons obv.

After my this format I started to have this annoying virus (or whatever you want to call it). I had no problem on the same laptop for months, even running way more programs at the same time so that should not be the problem. Even though I have HEM 2 I haven't even used it. I first want to get a working pokerstars/tiltbreaker version before I start learning HEM 2 and take the time to make a hud. This is now over a month ago.

If I do not use tiltbreaker and just run HEM, no problem whatsoever. If I try tiltbreaker without HEM, it lags. So I think it safe to say tiltbreaker causes this problem. I've had this problem a couple of months ago and emailed tiltbreaker about this issue, and within a couple of hours they send me a different version of tiltbreaker and it fixed the problem.

I know it has something to do with rundll32.exe, popping up in my taskmanager multiple times. But I can't delete this program because it is needed to run programs such as tiltbreaker.

I am really lost here, don't know what to do really. Maybe I can download a different version of rundll32.exe or something that actually runs smooth to replace it, maybe it has to do with my larger HEM database that tiltbreaker can't process for longer than one hour resulting in lag. Maybe I can get a older version of tiltbreaker to see if it works.

Either that or I sell my laptop and buy a new one. Pretty close throwing my current laptop out the window anyway, frustrating stuff. Atleast I get some money for it that way.

If you want me to send files or logs, no problem. However could not find the log file you were referring to with HEM 1, is this HEM 2 only?

Tilt Breaker
01-08-2013, 11:10 AM
Hey Bossi,

Send me your TB logs through the Feedback form please; we removed the "include log file" option, so just sending a message will submit your logs.

Thanks,
Adam

Bossi22
01-08-2013, 09:31 PM
Thanks

Tilt Breaker
01-10-2013, 01:58 AM
Thanks

I see you did some editing ;)

I promise I am not ignoring your issue, I just absolutely have to get out a beta of Tournament support asap. There are many people who have been waiting for Tournament support for a very long time, and I can't put it on hold and put several hours of dev time hoping to figure out your lag variable. Hopefully those latest logs will show something with all the tests you did; should be able to take a a deeper look again next week!

Best,
Adam

Bossi22
01-11-2013, 06:15 PM
Well you havent been responding to my emails either. Like I said earlier, I understand I am low priority but it is nice to know things are moving in the right direction. It is really crappy I don't know anyone who had the same problem and how he fixed it. So I don't know where to start.

I have no choice but to randomly try things and hope it works. But I have absolutely no idea what I am doing, just testing and clicking buttons basically. Today I though I fixed it, though (read: praying) my audio driver caused the lag.

I even played for two hours without problems (longest since december) and was about to do a little happy dance, but things got bad again. Only with cashgames, not tournaments (but tb has no tournaments support yet so that does makes sense).

I just want to play poker without lag. I am looking forward to the moment where I get tilted by Russian shortstacking ratholers, get snap check miniraised when I completely miss, KK vs AA multiple times in a short amount of hands etc. Not by tiltbreaker.

Today I though that moment would come. But it started to lag again. Maybe it is pokerstars. I even tried an older version of tiltbreaker, but same thing.

Positive side is I have become an expert at formatting and reinstalling laptops. And I learned a lot about Windows. Most important thing I learned about windows is that I really really hate Windows (and Trustedinstaller).

Ah well just another useless rant/post, hopefully my last.

Bossi22
01-12-2013, 03:11 PM
Do I win a price?

Apparently I am the only tiltbreaker/pokerstars user who suffers from unplayable lag.

With all updates or no updates
With only HEM/tb/PS installed or everything installed
With three different versions of windows
With classic theme or aero theme (classic theme only screws me over after 40 minutes, atleast thats something)

ON TWO DIFFERENT LAPTOPS!

Bossi22
01-13-2013, 07:20 PM
Another blogupdate!

Things still lag, and I just gave up all hope. Made a partition on my hard disk, praying that if tiltbreaker and system files need to be seperated so there won't any conflict or something (yea I know, but I am really desperate). Obviously didn't work.

Today I was praying it might be because my pokerstars handhistory files not being in the default section might cause the lag after an hour. Guess what? Nope. So obv spewed two buyins away when lag set in. Tiltbreaker alarm did go off though (yay).

Weird that my other laptop has the same issue. Maybe it is because of the logfile settings or something that overloads causing the lag. But don't know how to remove it because everytime I uninstall an reinstall tiltbreaker my old settings are still there. Wish I had some more information, but not that tiltbreaker support will give me an answer or something. I understand though, tournament support for tiltbreaker is vital and it is obviously catastrophic for the guys who have been waiting for over a year for this have to wait another couple of hours. Or maybe my posts also lag and you all see this in a month or so.

Only option left is Pokerstars, but that seems weird because then more people would have this issue and I wouldnt be talking to myself right now. Funny (not really) thing is after I lag, quit and try to play the same stakes I continue where I left off. But if I play different stakes it works, for an hour or so. But still wanted to try this playing on full tilt, but tiltbreaker wouldnt start and ofcourse I have no idea why, handhistory settings all in the right place but tiltbreaker just did not detect it so could not test it.

thats it for now, bye

Bossi22
01-13-2013, 10:36 PM
Sjaak,

Do you have instant lag when you play or does it happen after the first hour of the day? Does it gradually get worse? Do you have long freezes or just constant small ones (especially when dealt a new hand)?

I see you have a dutch nickname, do you have upc? It might be an internet thing. UPC and Amsterdam, Netherlands here. You?

Bossi22
01-15-2013, 09:08 AM
Hi Sjaak,

I also play zoom only and have lag when getting dealt a new hand (3 tables), after 40 minutes of a new day.

I tried the handhistory on the second hard drive thing (see my earlier posts), with no luck however.

What do you think the problem is? What changes did you make and why?

Bossi22
01-15-2013, 10:12 AM
Some questions for tiltbreaker Adam:

1. does it matter if the tiltbreaker handhistory config is at the directory as the HEM directory?
2. does it matter if the tiltbreaker handhistory config is at the same hard drive (C: , D: , E: ) as the HEM directory or Pokerstars directory?
3. does it matter if tiltbreaker is installed at the same hard drive as Pokerstars or Hem?
4. How do I uninstall tiltbreaker, reinstall and have all my data cleaned? Now everytime I reinstall tiltbreaker I still have my old settings. How do I delete my old settings as well? I found some data at C:Program data, some data at users/appdata/local/tiltbreaker. However, if I delete those and reinstall I still have my old settings.
5. Are the people who suffer from lag all from Holland and have UPC?

tx

Bossi22
01-15-2013, 12:07 PM
"We think we found a solution to your lag; we need to further optimize some of our parsing. A fix could possibly be out this week!"

I really really really really hope so Adam. Would be nice to be able to concentrate on poker and not on the lag.

"could" "possibly" is still no garuantee. But this means changing my settings is useless and a waste of time? Only spend 100+ hours or so trying to solve this. I won't even bother then.

Bossi22
01-15-2013, 12:15 PM
ffs I just want to play stress free poker. Last month has cost me so much money and time for not having this program and desperately trying to fix it.

Bossi22
01-17-2013, 06:59 PM
Any luck Adam?

5 weeks and counting. Seriously, how do you expect me to respond? I feel like I have been extremely patient given the fact I paid for a working product and how important this program is for me. + the countless hours I desperately tried to fix it myself only to find out a month (!) later there is nothing I can do. And ofcourse the money I lost because tiltbreaker isnt working.

I can't blame you for the last part, that is entirely on me (but thats the reason I bought this program obv). But you have to agree with me the lack of support on this matter is pretty terrible. And no, I don't want any compensation or apology or something (if you were going to anyway) but just a working product asap.

Tilt Breaker
01-17-2013, 11:04 PM
Any luck Adam?

5 weeks and counting. Seriously, how do you expect me to respond? I feel like I have been extremely patient given the fact I paid for a working product and how important this program is for me. + the countless hours I desperately tried to fix it myself only to find out a month (!) later there is nothing I can do. And ofcourse the money I lost because tiltbreaker isnt working.

I can't blame you for the last part, that is entirely on me (but thats the reason I bought this program obv). But you have to agree with me the lack of support on this matter is pretty terrible. And no, I don't want any compensation or apology or something (if you were going to anyway) but just a working product asap.

Bossi my friend, I understand your pain. Please understand my perspective though as well.

Normal protocal for many developers in this instance would be to simply refund your $ and kill your license code since it seems that your issue is isolated specifically to you. Thus from a purely economic standpoint it does not make sense to invest x developer time for $y when x (y) > $49; i.e. I would be paying for you to use TB.

However A) I know you don't want a refund and want to continue using TB and B) luckily for you I do not take the philosophy that I need to earn a profit on every customer :D So I will eat $ to fix your issue in the hopes that someone in the future who otherwise would have experienced your same lag issue will instead enjoy TB carefree. The fix might happen tomorrow, if not it will be early next week.

The response time for this fix has been atypical, but please remember that this occurred over the holiday down time + a large PokerStrategy Promo + other breaks from recent poker site updates that affected significant portions of the user base.

Best,
Adam

(Also, I am going to move your posts into a new thread because your lag issue is not the issue I am trying to isolate in this thread.)

Bossi22
01-22-2013, 11:26 AM
I understand your reasoning, but that doesn't mean I agree with it. And yes, I'd much rather have a working program then get a refund , but you know that. If your product wasn't this good I wouldn't be posting in this thread every two days. But you also know I started getting active AFTER the holidays, even though my problem has started long before this, exactly for the reasons you stated.

Not that I want a pat on the back or something, just want an update of the situation. Last week you said a fix would be in later that week, at the end of last week you said this monday. Now it is tuesday and I still haven't heard anything. I just want you to be honest with me. If for some reason it is impossible to get it fixed it obviously sucks, but atleast I know where I stand and I can look for alternatives (which are non existent, but atleast I know there is nothing that can be done and I can move forward).

I am still thankful you take the time to respond to me and are helping me. I am just not thankful that it takes this long. If people can cycle around France in 3 weeks finding and fixing a bug should be a piece of cake. So I suppose you just proved you don't do drugs. Good for you.

Good luck finding a fix

your friend,

Timon

Bossi22
01-23-2013, 03:27 PM
This sucks.

Bossi22
01-25-2013, 03:07 PM
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Bossi22
01-25-2013, 04:22 PM
Oh the irony, just had to quit playing because I was unable to concentrate because I am so angry.

Ironic because it is the program that is supposed to stop tilting me causes me to tilt.

Because tiltbreaker support decided to treat me like a piece of dirt.

Two fking months. Still don't know what the problem is. Not been giving any information about this either, so I atleast can try myself.

NOOOOOOOOO. "soon" "this week" "next monday" "next week".

Such bullshit. Getting owned so hard here.

Tilt Breaker
01-25-2013, 04:39 PM
Oh the irony, just had to quit playing because I was unable to concentrate because I am so angry.

Ironic because it is the program that is supposed to stop tilting me causes me to tilt.

Because tiltbreaker support decided to treat me like a piece of dirt.

Two fking months. Still don't know what the problem is. Not been giving any information about this either, so I atleast can try myself.

NOOOOOOOOO. "soon" "this week" "next monday" "next week".

Such bullshit. Getting owned so hard here.

New build sent to your email.

Adam

Bossi22
01-25-2013, 04:44 PM
Let you know in a few hours.

Tilt Breaker
01-25-2013, 04:46 PM
Let you know in a few hours.

Ooo forgot to mention, that has a half developed branch of Tournament support in it so I would not recommend playing tournaments with that build!

Best,
Adam

Bossi22
01-25-2013, 07:35 PM
nope. still lag. Logfile send.

:-(

Can you explain to me what you think the problem is and what might cause it?

Doesn't make sense it works at one day and after a new windows it stops working. Must be some weird standard window setting?!

Bossi22
01-27-2013, 09:13 PM
so that was THE fix? Ah well atleast it kept me quiet for two days.

Im done. Just too frustrating having to deal with this, its not worth it anymore.

vyvojer
01-30-2013, 11:33 AM
Hi,
I have similar problems with last version of TB. But the previous version worked without lags. Is it possible to downgrade TB to the old version?

Tilt Breaker
01-30-2013, 12:10 PM
Hi,
I have similar problems with last version of TB. But the previous version worked without lags. Is it possible to downgrade TB to the old version?

Send me a message through the Feedback form, so I can get your log files and your email. We've paused tournament support development to fix a few other bugs that have popped up over January, so we will take another crack at this soon.

Thanks,
Adam

Tilt Breaker
01-31-2013, 05:08 PM
New version sent.

Let me know how it goes,
Adam

vyvojer
02-01-2013, 07:10 AM
I have tested TB 1.628.1. I have played 2 hours/530 hands session. During the session there was one short ( ~5 sec) lag.

But when I clicked TB tray icon to saw session stats, I got standard ( for previous version) lag. TB window didn't appear. PS client was frozen for 32 sec. After 32 the TB window finally appeared, but without information (empty wait window). After further 31 sec information appeared on the TB window and PS client was unfrozen.
So PS client was frozen more then 1 min.

Clicking TB tray icon is simple test for TB lagging. Old versions never lagged after clicking. And previous (and 1.626.1 :( too) version was always lagging.

Tilt Breaker
02-01-2013, 11:38 AM
I have tested TB 1.628.1. I have played 2 hours/530 hands session. During the session there was one short ( ~5 sec) lag.

But when I clicked TB tray icon to saw session stats, I got standard ( for previous version) lag. TB window didn't appear. PS client was frozen for 32 sec. After 32 the TB window finally appeared, but without information (empty wait window). After further 31 sec information appeared on the TB window and PS client was unfrozen.

Clicking TB tray icon is simple test for TB lagging. Old versions never lagged after clicking. And previous (and 1.626.1 :( too) version was always lagging.

Send me your log files again please.

Thanks,
Adam

vyvojer
02-01-2013, 01:36 PM
Send me your log files again please.

Thanks,
Adam

Done

Bossi22
02-01-2013, 02:32 PM
Same here. Still lagging no results.

However I did some tweaking (uac off, disk cashe writing stuff, classic theme among others) and it did have effect. However it just takes longer before the lag, but in the end, it will lag.

I have no problems when playing on Full Tilt Poker rush, only pokerstars zoom.

Bossi22
02-05-2013, 12:07 PM
my "tweaking" had a reversed effect (im good at that). Even after uninstalling tiltbreaker it kept lagging, so I did another format with regular setting and uac off. I just played 2 hours without lag, longest in a long time. Have no idea if the latest update fixed it or not, need atleast 6 hours of play to be somewhat sure but it is definitely an improvement.

My longest is 3 hours without lag after formatting, hopefully I will break this record the next hour I play.

Bossi22
02-06-2013, 07:06 PM
Seems like it is working, now played 6 hours since last fix without lag.

Optimistic!

vyvojer
02-07-2013, 12:40 AM
I have old issues. And even worse: yesterday, after "standard" freezing PS client ( and 4 opened tables) was closed. This is a new symptom.

blindhippo
02-07-2013, 11:35 PM
Hi there,

I am also having severe lag after about an hour or 1000 hands approx. Not sure how going about fixing this?

Bossi22
02-08-2013, 01:37 PM
hi blindhippo,

I received an updated version in my mailbox a couple of days ago and it fixed the problem (now 15 hours in). Email will be send shortly.

However when uninstalling tiltbreaker and reinstalling a new version all the old data still exist. I have no idea if this means some old files are still on the computer so lag can still be caused even though a newer version is installed in the same directory.

I did another format and installed the new version, disabled UAC and things look healthy again. But im sure it should be possible to 100% delete all the old tiltbreaker files without having to format. I don't know how though.

For me classic theme + new tiltbreaker + UAC off did the trick.

Tilt Breaker
02-11-2013, 06:36 PM
Hi there,

I am also having severe lag after about an hour or 1000 hands approx. Not sure how going about fixing this?

Hi blindhippo,

Please PM me your email or email support -at- tiltbreaker.com so I can send you a newer version.

Thanks,
Adam

Tilt Breaker
02-11-2013, 06:37 PM
I have old issues. And even worse: yesterday, after "standard" freezing PS client ( and 4 opened tables) was closed. This is a new symptom.

Please send me your logs again.

Thanks,
Adam

Bossi22
02-25-2013, 06:50 PM
Please send me your logs again.

Thanks,
Adam

I now have a similar problem. The program works, however at the moment I take a break Pokerstars and windows start to lag. If I am sitting out at a table and want to rejoin, everything freezes and I see myself timing out on tables but am unable to click anything. Then if I open taskmanager I am able to ctrl alt delete tiltbreaker (!!) and pokerstars closes automatically. When I reopen Pokerstars tiltbreaker settings are not saved and can edit options like nothing happened.

Tilt Breaker
02-26-2013, 07:38 PM
I now have a similar problem. The program works, however at the moment I take a break Pokerstars and windows start to lag. If I am sitting out at a table and want to rejoin, everything freezes and I see myself timing out on tables but am unable to click anything. Then if I open taskmanager I am able to ctrl alt delete tiltbreaker (!!) and pokerstars closes automatically. When I reopen Pokerstars tiltbreaker settings are not saved and can edit options like nothing happened.

Realistically won't be able to take a look at this till next week. Did you change anything since it was working well after the last fix?

thanks,
Adam

shuttle
05-03-2013, 03:02 AM

I am having a very similar issue to this. Sometimes pokerstars just locks up and becomes responsive. I also often get an error about rundll32 when this happens.

What is the latest version of the program?

I am running 1.643.1 here. Operating system is windows 7.

shuttle
05-03-2013, 04:16 PM
Could it be the case that a conflict with anti-virus software is causing a problem here?

Tilt Breaker
05-04-2013, 11:30 AM
I am having a very similar issue to this. Sometimes pokerstars just locks up and becomes responsive. I also often get an error about rundll32 when this happens.

What is the latest version of the program?

I am running 1.643.1 here. Operating system is windows 7.

Could it be the case that a conflict with anti-virus software is causing a problem here?

Hi Shuttle,

What game(s) are you playing; are you playing zoom as well?

Does this happen when not using HM?

It very well could be from antivirus; have you tried whitelisting TB?

thanks,
Adam

p.s. - you sent a Feedback form submission through TB on this issue as well right?

shuttle
05-04-2013, 12:49 PM
I am playing zoom when this happens, I actually haven't played any non-zoom tables since this problem started happening. I attempted to send some feedback from the form that was in the program itself.

I haven't played with HM not open since this problem started, If it's really necessary to figure out the cause of the problem I could do that.

Tilt Breaker
05-05-2013, 02:56 PM
I am playing zoom when this happens, I actually haven't played any non-zoom tables since this problem started happening. I attempted to send some feedback from the form that was in the program itself.

I haven't played with HM not open since this problem started, If it's really necessary to figure out the cause of the problem I could do that.

Hi Shuttle,

Any idea how many hands in before this lag starts happening?

Also, please email the following to adam (at) tiltbreaker.com so I can recreate your HM settings and try to recreate this:

holdemmanager.config file from C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager. If your Windows is hiding known file extensions the file will simply be called 'holdemmanager'.

And your prefs.xml file from C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\Co nfig. If your Windows is hiding known file extensions the file will simply be called 'prefs'.

If you can't see it, turn off the windows option that is hiding that directory. http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/130/How+to+See+Hidden+Files+in+Windows+

thanks,
Adam

shuttle
05-06-2013, 06:19 PM
The number of hands seems to be completely intermittent, I've seen it happen 25 hands into a session but usually it's a few hundred hands played before this issue pops up.

axles
05-08-2013, 04:05 AM
i have the same problem if i play 4 tables on zoom with tiltbreaker on it laggs really bad, my operation system is win 7 64bit i use ssd, i have a 3,3ghz i5 and 8gb ram. tiltbreaker version 1.673.1

Tilt Breaker
05-08-2013, 12:13 PM
i have the same problem if i play 4 tables on zoom with tiltbreaker on it laggs really bad, my operation system is win 7 64bit i use ssd, i have a 3,3ghz i5 and 8gb ram. tiltbreaker version 1.673.1

Hi Axles,

Please submit a message through the Feedback form in TB, so I can get your log files. You can just paste this message.

It seems to be Zoom specific, so we'll be running tests on Zoom today to try to figure out the variable. I think I have an idea of what it might be. I'll update the thread with what we find.

thanks,
Adam

axles
05-08-2013, 01:22 PM
turning of the aero solved the problem but i have gamer vga card so i dont think its my computer. i dont exactly understand how should i send you the log. can you explain it once more =)

Tilt Breaker
05-08-2013, 06:15 PM
turning of the aero solved the problem but i have gamer vga card so i dont think its my computer. i dont exactly understand how should i send you the log. can you explain it once more =)

In Tilt Breaker there is a tab called "Feedback". Please send me a message through there and it will automatically send me your log files.

Does this issue occur without HM running?

thanks!
Adam

Tilt Breaker
05-09-2013, 01:26 AM
I haven't had any success recreating the lag thus far. We'll continue running more tests tomorrow.

Shuttle or Axles, these HM files would be very helpful when you have a minute.

Also, please email the following to adam (at) tiltbreaker.com so I can recreate your HM settings and try to recreate this:

holdemmanager.config file from C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager. If your Windows is hiding known file extensions the file will simply be called 'holdemmanager'.

And your prefs.xml file from C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\Co nfig. If your Windows is hiding known file extensions the file will simply be called 'prefs'.

If you can't see it, turn off the windows option that is hiding that directory. http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/130/How+to+See+Hidden+Files+in+Windows+

thanks,
Adam

shuttle
05-09-2013, 01:42 AM
I will email those log files over to you in a moment. Let me know if you get them.

axles
05-09-2013, 04:00 PM
I haven't had any success recreating the lag thus far. We'll continue running more tests tomorrow.

Shuttle or Axles, these HM files would be very helpful when you have a minute.

what email address should i send to ?

fozzy71
05-09-2013, 08:35 PM
what email address should i send to ?

If you use the feedback tab it should email them automatically to the proper address. If you need to email them manually for some reason the email address is support@tiltbreaker.com

In Tilt Breaker there is a tab called "Feedback". Please send me a message through there and it will automatically send me your log files.

Does this issue occur without HM running?

thanks!
Adam

axles
05-10-2013, 04:21 PM
i sent the feedback with tiltbreaker, but for the config file i can only send that manualy?

fozzy71
05-10-2013, 07:30 PM
i sent the feedback with tiltbreaker, but for the config file i can only send that manualy?

I am sorry, I didn't see that he had asked for the hm config and prefs files also. Yes, those will need to be sent manually to the support email address I gave and you should probably include your forum name and a link to this thread for their reference.

axles
05-13-2013, 03:29 PM
did you guys get my config files because i didnt get any feedback.

Tilt Breaker
05-13-2013, 06:23 PM
did you guys get my config files because i didnt get any feedback.

Yes, I got them. Thanks.

We can see where the delay is in the logs, but we haven't actually been able to reproduce the lag in our tests which is critical to solving the issue.

We will continue to run more tests though, and I'll update when we have something.

Actually if you can send me your Hand History files from a lag session that might uncover something.

thanks,
Adam

Takezo
05-20-2013, 07:35 AM
I am experiencing the same lag issue unfortunately, Zoom 2-3 tables. At this point I am very confident that the lag is caused by Tilt Breaker. Uninstalling TB is the only way to solve the issue for me right now.

I know that this big is not top priority, but it seems that it is not a singular, isolated case. Any solution for this would be highly appreciated since I have learnt to value my TB highly.

Tilt Breaker
05-21-2013, 10:26 AM
I am experiencing the same lag issue unfortunately, Zoom 2-3 tables. At this point I am very confident that the lag is caused by Tilt Breaker. Uninstalling TB is the only way to solve the issue for me right now.

I know that this big is not top priority, but it seems that it is not a singular, isolated case. Any solution for this would be highly appreciated since I have learnt to value my TB highly.

This is definitely a priority, we just can't figure out the cause.

Have you tried playing 2-3 Zoom tables without HM running, but with TB? I'm trying to determine if HM + TB is the issue or just TB alone.

thanks,
Adam

Takezo
05-21-2013, 12:06 PM
Yes, I have tried playing without HM running and the lag was still there. I didn't even think about TB in the beginning when I was trying to isolate the cause of the lag.

Tilt Breaker
05-21-2013, 12:13 PM
Yes, I have tried playing without HM running and the lag was still there. I didn't even think about TB in the beginning when I was trying to isolate the cause of the lag.

That is so strange...

Ok, please send me a message through the Feedback form in TB, so I can get your log files.

Thanks,
Adam

Tilt Breaker
05-21-2013, 12:17 PM

Oh and what is your Anti virus?

Takezo
05-21-2013, 12:28 PM
Message sent. I am using Bitdefender Internet Security 2013

fozzy71
05-22-2013, 09:56 AM
Message sent. I am using Bitdefender Internet Security 2013

I have had numerous problems/conflicts with BitDefender and HM1/2 in the past. You might want to try replacing this with something known to cause fewer/no problems to see if it helps.

Many of those free Norton, Mcaffee, Comodo, Zonealarm, Avira, Avast, AVG, etc, 'internet security' bundles will not work well with Holdem Manager.

1) Uninstall any 3rd party security software bundles.
2) Reboot your computer
3) Please install the latest version: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Holdem_Manager_2_Beta.exe
4) Enable Windows Firewall's recommended settings through your Control Panel, turn off Windows Defender, and add firewall exceptions for HM and SQL - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1011/Software+Security+Problems+%28Firewall%29
5) Install Microsoft Security Essentials for antivirus/malware protection and update it - Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows (http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/)

Tilt Breaker
05-23-2013, 05:01 PM
Takezo, Axles, or Shuttle,

Can you guys email the actual HH files from one of these lag sessions? It might be something in the aggregation of the file parsing. Please send them to adam (at) tiltbreaker.com

thanks,
Adam

Bossi22
10-08-2013, 11:27 AM
Hi, I recently purchased a new laptop and a new monitor (because it lagged and was old).

However whenever I tried to play on my new monitor + laptop I still had very small lags playing 3/4 tables of zoom. I used to think this was because of my old monitor, but this can't be right after buying a pretty good laptop + monitor. But whenever I disconnected my monitor and just played on laptop I did not have any problems at all, but whenever I used external monitor the small lags kicked in. So at this moment it cant be because of the setup but because of something else.

I uninstalled tiltbreaker and that happens to be the difference, when playing just on laptop everything is fine, but when playing on external monitor tiltbreaker causes the lag. Might explain why you haven't been able to reproduce the lag, because those who have those lag all used an external monitor, that caused it.

However at this moment I have a tiltbreaker problem, whenever I want to play using an external monitor it lags, hope you can help me.

Tnx

Tilt Breaker
10-10-2013, 06:59 PM
Hi, I recently purchased a new laptop and a new monitor (because it lagged and was old).

However whenever I tried to play on my new monitor + laptop I still had very small lags playing 3/4 tables of zoom. I used to think this was because of my old monitor, but this can't be right after buying a pretty good laptop + monitor. But whenever I disconnected my monitor and just played on laptop I did not have any problems at all, but whenever I used external monitor the small lags kicked in. So at this moment it cant be because of the setup but because of something else.

I uninstalled tiltbreaker and that happens to be the difference, when playing just on laptop everything is fine, but when playing on external monitor tiltbreaker causes the lag. Might explain why you haven't been able to reproduce the lag, because those who have those lag all used an external monitor, that caused it.

However at this moment I have a tiltbreaker problem, whenever I want to play using an external monitor it lags, hope you can help me.

Tnx

Interesting. Thanks a ton for the detailed report here; we will try to reproduce it!

Thanks,
Adam

Bossi22
10-14-2013, 07:59 PM
I have to take that back, I now also have lag when using laptop only.

New format, new laptop but small lags. Really distracting. Guess my settings are not up to date? But no idea why this version does not work but on my other laptop (old) no problems whatsoever.

Tilt Breaker
10-17-2013, 07:55 PM
I have to take that back, I now also have lag when using laptop only.

New format, new laptop but small lags. Really distracting. Guess my settings are not up to date? But no idea why this version does not work but on my other laptop (old) no problems whatsoever.

I emailed Bossi with a new version, and *fingers crossed* it seems to be resolved.

The fix is available at tiltbreaker.com/downloads

Best,
Adam

Bossi22
10-20-2013, 11:28 AM
Correct. In windows classic mode it works great, thanks a lot!