PDA

View Full Version : One more time please: pot odds

Greyfus
10-07-2010, 03:10 PM
I have tried for weeks to get HUD showing pot odds and read all the all instructions given here. Had to give up and ask for help.

HEM 1.11.05b18, playing at PokerStars, done so far:
Player pref.>Appear.>Show table av: selected
Number of pots: 3
Table Pref > Live tracking: all three selected
Site options > PokerStars: Track live hands and Pre-fetch on hand selected
In PokerStars dealermessages: everything.

The second line in the HUD reads: No bet.

What else can I do?

netsrak
10-08-2010, 06:53 AM
No hud element should cover the chat box.

Please post a screenshot of the table and please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files(X86)\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder (or something similar depending on your installation). It may be just called holdemmanager if you've extenstions turned off.

Greyfus
10-08-2010, 07:58 AM
Here are the files... I think. Trying anyway.

netsrak
10-08-2010, 12:14 PM
Is this a standard stars table layout? Please try the default theme.

I see in the config file that your last archive folder was:
"C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Importing\HUD Data"
What did you do with this folder? Don't copy any files into this folder.

Can you try a cash game table please?

Greyfus
10-08-2010, 03:03 PM
It is a standard layout except the custom background, which is a modified copy of the programs own background file (Table theme > enable custom background). But I changed the theme now to default one.
The archive file I changed mistakenly only yesterday - I was trying to update the import folders. I changed it now back to original C:\HMArhive.
And after playing some hands in cash games I took this screenshot. Here is also the new holdemmanager.config file.
I have been wondering if I should uninstall & remove HM totally and then install it from the beginning. What do you think netsrak? Should I also remove all directories which possibly remain after uninstalling?

Greyfus
10-08-2010, 03:06 PM
I mean C:\HMArchive.

netsrak
10-09-2010, 05:04 AM
I have just one more idea: please check the text size in the stars client, it should be view->text size->medium

If that doesn't help please try a complete reinstallation starting with the full 1.11.04 installer and after this upgrade to our latest beta.

Greyfus
10-09-2010, 06:25 AM
Text size has been medium all the time, so I will now uninstall HM totally and get back to you later. Thanks.

Greyfus
10-14-2010, 05:07 PM
Ok, it took a little time because I had difficulties resetting serial code. Now I have reinstalled HM from scratch, also the PostgreSQL. No change. The second line says: "No bet". If you come to think something, netsrak, let me know. Thanks.

netsrak
10-16-2010, 09:03 AM
please schedule a remote support session with our support. email support@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so we can setup a teamviewer (http://www.holdemmanager.net/teamviewer) session.

Greyfus
10-16-2010, 11:51 AM
Ok. In a couple of days. What kind of GMT-time would be suitable? I mean, I am in Finland and support is God knows where...

netsrak
10-17-2010, 06:42 AM
Some of our supporters (like me) are in the same timezone. So that shouldn't be a problem.

Greyfus
10-17-2010, 09:30 AM
I finally got pot odds working in some conditions! Playing at FullTilt a tournament I deattached the chat window and made in larger, and bingo! Pot odds appeared where they should. Then I went to Stars but there I cannot deattach chat window (unfortunately) or make it larger, I cannot even use larger font in the chat window. So I started to change the size of the table and when I choose default as table size, I got the pot odds. But again, making the table larger pot odds disappeared.
Perhaps the problem is not in the table size but in the size of text in the chat window, which I cannot change (or can I?). Unfortunately Stars' default table size is too small form me.
One thing more: before I started playing and got the pot odds I had restarted PostgreSQL.
We can arrange the teamviewer session, but I wanted to tell you what I have found out.

Greyfus
10-17-2010, 10:09 AM
Update: Potodds work now at FullTilt regardless of the size of the table. Stars still a problem, works only when using the default table size.

Greyfus
10-17-2010, 11:03 AM
Update2 (to keep you awake): It seems that at Stars, you have to start with default size table (792x546 pixels). When pot odds start working, you can resize the table up to about 872x601 pixels but after that pot odds stop working (clips of these here). At FullTilt the table size does not seem to have affect.

netsrak
10-17-2010, 12:31 PM
The live-tracking uses an OCR technique to read the chat on Stars. This means there are some restrictions for the text and table size and the layout.

I don't think there is anything else we can do to make it working for you.

Greyfus
10-17-2010, 12:55 PM
Main thing is that it works now, which is great. Thank you, netsrak!

ChichoSpit
10-22-2010, 08:23 AM
Hi!

Maybe this is a stupid question...

The pot odds works if I play in stacked tables mode?
or must be visible all the tables chats?

Thanks!,
PS. sorry 4 my english

netsrak
10-22-2010, 12:09 PM
Should work with stacked tables too.