PDA

View Full Version : Can't find postgre

willage
10-06-2010, 09:12 AM
When I try to start Holdem Manager I get the error message: "The following error occurred when trying to open the database: Failed to establish a connection to '127.0.0.1'."

Then I get a window starting with "Holdem Manager needs to know where to find the database..."

The FAQ says this error message is related to not having sufficient system privileges, but running it as an administrator doesn't help. I've never had this problem before and I can't think of anything I would have changed recently that would have caused it.

Any help appreciated.

netsrak
10-06-2010, 11:14 AM
Solutions:
1. reboot your computer
2. if that doesn't help look for the hidden system file postmaster.pid in the postgresql data folder, delete it and reboot your computer again.
3. check the postgresql service in the windows services (control panel->administration). sometimes it helps to change the logon as.. to "local system account"
4. check our faq:
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Can't Connect / Failed to Start PostgreSQL (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/91/can%27t+connect+%7b47%7d+failed+to+start+postgresq l+)

willage
10-08-2010, 11:12 AM
Thanks for the advice. I was able to start the database manually through the Start menu, and after that it started working again. I also realized the problem occurred right after I updated Windows, so that might have something to do with it. I still don't really know what caused the problem, but it's working again now.

netsrak
10-08-2010, 12:05 PM
Windows Updates very often stop the postgresql service.
This is usually solved by a reboot or a service restart.