PDA

View Full Version : Config file?

Frankie
10-05-2010, 01:45 PM
Hi,

I get this message:

"An error occured while reading the config/Holdemmanager.config file. Rotelementet saknas. Holdemmanager will now backup the old config file and create a new one for you."

Then I get a message telling me a problem has occured and that it is impossible to create a file that already exists.

Best regards
Frank

netsrak
10-06-2010, 05:28 AM
Please delete the file config\holdemmanager.config and restart HM. The file will be generated again and you need to reconfigure HM.

Frankie
10-06-2010, 07:35 AM
I deleted both holdemanager files since in config folder since nothing happened when I deleted the first one and no file matched exactly what you wrote. Now I get a message which want me to show how I should install hold em manager, what should I do?

Frankie
10-06-2010, 07:57 AM
It also says please wait while windows configures HM and stops in the middle of the loading.

netsrak
10-06-2010, 11:03 AM
Ok, you deleted the wrong files. Now everything is screwed.

please uninstall hem using revo uninstaller: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Using Revo Uninstaller (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/126/using+revo+uninstaller+)

after completion please reboot your computer and download and install the full installer from our homepage. please make sure that the postgresql option is disabled during the installation.

Frankie
10-07-2010, 05:57 AM
Ok, do I need to make a backup if I do this reinstallation?

netsrak
10-07-2010, 09:37 AM
Not of the database but you can save the config subfolder of your holdemmanager installation. Copy all files in this folder to a different folder but don't copy them back after the reinstallation. Do some testing first.

Frankie
10-08-2010, 01:34 PM
did the reinstallation know however it seems my DB has been significantly smallaer. What do you think might be wrong?

morny
10-08-2010, 10:52 PM
Hi,

Reinstalling HM has nothing at all to do with your database, those files are stored in PostgreSQL, if they were manually deleted then it would stop working as all the files in there are tied together like a bunch of cogs. If it looks smaller either two things happened, you manually deleted files or your filters are on and your not seeing them all. Clear all your filters and refresh and it should resolve the issue

Frankie
10-09-2010, 09:00 AM
I do not get it, what am I supposed to do?

Frankie
10-09-2010, 09:01 AM
I mean which filters are you refering to? The normal filters are turned off everyone.

Frankie
10-09-2010, 09:34 AM
Solved it now, thanks for the heltp.