PDA

View Full Version : Need steps on moving some hands into new DB

wrapitup
10-05-2010, 10:05 AM
My HEM has been running very very slow lately, so I figured I'll make a new, much small DB before I complain to you guys too much.

I have a ton of hands over the years, but I've been playing only PLO for two months, so I will create a PLO-only DB.

I need to copy over about 50k played hands from several sites. I also need to move over a similar amount of datamined hands.

How do I go about this?

netsrak
10-06-2010, 04:57 AM
Start HM with your new database and import the files via import file or import from folder.

You should find the hands you played in the archive folder (default c:\hmarchive). Don't know where you have saved your mined hands.
If you need to export them: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: How to Import & Export Hands (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/98/How+to+Import+%26+Export+Hands#export) dates

wrapitup
10-07-2010, 07:36 AM
I've exported and re-imported all played hands, except about half of them have not shown up! Less than half of my tournaments hands have appeared in the new DB as well. Any possible reasons for this?

netsrak
10-07-2010, 09:41 AM
Which HM version?
Did you export/import tournament summaries too?

wrapitup
10-07-2010, 11:18 AM
1.11.05 beta 15. I just updated to beta 17.

Yes, I export/imported both cash and tournaments. About half of both sets of HH's successfully transferred. It seems as though I'm missing a lot of hands from as recently as last month. The lack of hands seems also to be distributed over the half-dozen sites I play, so it's not a site-specific problem.

wrapitup
10-07-2010, 11:30 AM
Here's the difference between the new and old DB Reports:

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/7248/difference.jpg

netsrak
10-08-2010, 06:19 AM
How did you import the files - did you use the auto-import or the import from file/folder functions?
Did you get any error messages during the import?
Can you rename some of the files with missing hands and import them again? What happens?

Please check your windows regional settings (under control panel). Are you using a non standard setting for the date / currency formats?
If you change it to english (usa) and try to import the hands - does it work?

wrapitup
10-10-2010, 05:29 PM
How did you import the files - did you use the auto-import or the import from file/folder functions?
Did you get any error messages during the import?
Can you rename some of the files with missing hands and import them again? What happens?

Please check your windows regional settings (under control panel). Are you using a non standard setting for the date / currency formats?
If you change it to english (usa) and try to import the hands - does it work?

I used import from folder.

I'm not sure if I had errors... is there an error backlog I can check?

I renamed all the files (copy and paste in same folder to create "Copy of...") and every single hand (24,525) was a duplicate with zero errors.

I changed from Canada to US English and no difference. Every hand went through again as a duplicate.

morny
10-10-2010, 10:55 PM
Might be a filter issue, go to filter > clear, filter > use for all and see if the missing hands show up, if not it looks as though you already imported the hands since it recognised them all as duplicates (either they were imported or import errors)

If you still cant find them create a new database and when it finishes it should say x hands imported, x import errors, x duplicates on the import TAB, take a screenshot of that please and post it here

wrapitup
10-11-2010, 10:16 PM
Every step I take, I run into new problems that I have to deal with. I think there needs to be a very simple, one-step way to export Hero hands...

So I try and export about 18k hands, and first of all, HEM freezes, and it never reports whether the export is done. I look in the export folder and see three files. I am exporting from an alias that contains about a dozen player names of mine across different site. Is this an issue in itself?

So I came back 20 minutes after starting the export. I import this folder into the new empty DB. It registers exactly 1,000 hands.

morny
10-11-2010, 11:00 PM
How many hands are you trying to export, the right click export option isnt ideal for really big samples, Try removing Winner Name, Winner cards and winner won from the hands view column FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Hands View Column Selection (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/192/Hands+View+Column+Selection) save it and refresh.

If your using the newer version youll find it under Options > Settings > Hands View Column Selection then try the export again, if it fails again try doing the import in bunches by breaking it up into several groups, maybe every week, month or something like that so its only 2-4k hands at a time

wrapitup
10-13-2010, 01:37 AM
Right, so now I'm exporting in smaller chunks of 2 weeks. My 3rd chunk of 4, containing only about 3k hands, constantly locks up now while other chunks were fine. I've had to CTRL-ALT-DEL HEM 3 or 4 times now. What is going on with that?

wrapitup
10-13-2010, 02:36 AM
I exported 5 chunks of about 5k hands each, leaving the export running for 15 minutes at a time. The export files have appeared where they are supposed to. Now, I've imported them all into the new empty DB.

Only 5,000 hands have appeared in the new database, again!

Patvs
10-13-2010, 08:28 AM
Why can't you reimport the original handhistories?
I'd advise against using the "export hands" if you don't have a SSD harddisk.
Though.. it might help if you vacuum/analyse the database first.

Note: if ANY error comes up during the vacuum/analyse, it's a sign of a corrupt index/corrupt database, so you'll have to reimport the hands anyway

wrapitup
10-15-2010, 06:54 AM
I deleted a lot of my Archive folder for hard drive space, because I assumed I could easily just export and re-import...

Can I re-create an archive?

Why is it so hard to copy 25k hands from database A to database B ???

Patvs
10-15-2010, 08:14 AM
Hands played on which site?
Email the site to request the original handhistories.

If you have harddisk space issues again, just ZIP the contents of the archive folder. 1 GB of .txt files will turn into a 100 MB zip file

wrapitup
10-19-2010, 06:02 AM
A few thousand hands on each of Ipoker, 888, Ongame, FTP, PS, and Cereus.

I thought it would be easy to just export the hands from my Alias. Why do I need to keep a load of text files if everything is stored within HEM?

Yeah, in hindsight I should have spent the 1 GB to avoid all this.

wrapitup
10-19-2010, 06:04 AM
Now I'm forgoing using the Alias, and I'm trying to export the HH's screenname-by-screenname at each of my sites, but of course, 10,000 hands is too much to export and locks up my HEM. I guess I have to go SN-by-SN, AND export maximum 1,000 hands at a time?

wrapitup
10-19-2010, 07:45 AM
It seems like Ongame is the main source of the export lockups even in smaller hand amounts.