PDA

View Full Version : Table stats - averaged over how many hands?

s4mb4
01-14-2013, 06:49 PM
Hello there,

I apologise in advance if this information is freely available but I had a search on here (and google) and couldn't find an answer to my question. I want to know how many hands that the table stats (displayed on the HUD) such as VPIP, PFR and potsize are averaged over? Like is it the last 20 hands? Or is it the average since I sat down (i.e. for all hands)?

Thanks,
s4mb4

Sarek
01-14-2013, 07:20 PM
All played on that table

s4mb4
01-15-2013, 08:37 AM
All played on that table

Thanks

Patvs
01-15-2013, 10:27 AM
The hero stats will always start at zero and reset to 0 if you're moved to a new table.
This is done by design so you can track your image at each table.

The stats on opponents will be based on ALL hands you have on them from the last 12 months.
You can change this date filter, or add additional filters when you go to hud options--> additional HUD filters. HoldemManager 2 also has a 'last number of hands' filter.

s4mb4
01-15-2013, 10:45 AM
No, hold on a minute. I'm not talking about player stats, either hero or otherwise. I'm talking about the 3 stats for the table - VPIP/PFR/potsize. The reason I ask is that it doesn't seem useful to me to have a total average over the last, say, 100 hands when there will have been several changes of players and the table may be playing quite differently now than the average. This is what I'm driving at - for these stats to be useful then to my mind surely these averages must be over the last, say, 20-30 hands. For instance, when I look in the lobby at the % players per flop and average pot stats, this isn't done over the lifetime of the table because that would be meaningless and would converge on some average for the entire population. Likewise, when I sit at a table for 150 hands I really am not interested in an average VPIP for the table over the entire time that I've been sat there. What I want is a reflection on how the table is playing now.

Patvs
01-15-2013, 11:49 AM
Ah.. sorry, I misread the opening post.

TABLE STATS will be the average of the lifetime stats of all known players at the table.
Take VPIP as an example: if there are 5 players at your table, all known players.
You have 50 hands each on 2 players (their VPIP is 15%), and you have 100 hands each on 3 players (their VPIP is 10%), the number of hands is actually irrelevant.

The TABLE AVERAGE for VPIP is just ((2x 15%) + (3x 10%)/5: 12%.
If one player is unknown (you have 0 hands on this player) it will devide by only 4 players.

This makes it a much better way to see what the 'average' table VPIP is compared to for example the PokerStars lobby (see screenshot), which bases it on something like the last 20 hands.

s4mb4
01-15-2013, 11:52 AM
Ah interesting. Then I'm glad I asked - that's more useful than I thought. Thanks for your response.

Patvs
01-15-2013, 01:50 PM
I should add that in HoldemManager2, you can control which average TABLE STATS are shown.
HM2: hud options--> main popup --> table stats
You can add stats like 3bet, flop CB, aggression, went to showdown, average stack etc.