PDA

View Full Version : Bodog Rake Calculation in HEM

Biju
10-04-2010, 02:53 PM
So now Bodog have messed around with the r/b how is everyone using this HEM feature or do any of the HEM guys have any advice?

Patvs
10-05-2010, 04:26 AM
When did Bodog change their rake calculation??

Are we using the wrong type in 1.11.05 beta 17?? http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Holdem_Manager_Beta.exe

Biju
10-05-2010, 12:37 PM
A month or two ago but it's a secret. Not even the affiliates know how they're calculating it. Winners now get less r/b than losers.

Patvs
10-06-2010, 12:07 AM
If Bodog lets you know which method they use (dealt rake, contributed, etc.) we can change/update the rake calculation in HM

Read: Bodog changes rake structure, micro stakes players pay (http://www.onlinepokernews.org/poker-news/bodog-changes-rake-structure-micro-stakes-players-pay/1812)

I think this only affects micro-limits?

Biju
10-06-2010, 02:33 PM
I have to say it's a little scary that HEM don't know the fifth or sixth largest Poker Room in the US have changed their rake process.

I understand there's little you can do about it but you should be aware of it. Have a look in the 2+2 forums

Patvs
10-07-2010, 01:53 PM
2+2 writes: they went to a rake allocation method based on net deposits/withdrawals. The bonus is separate: it will clear at whatever rate the terms say it will

Others claim it still is very similar to the DEALT RAKE method what PokerStars uses. At the moment this is what HoldemManager displays.

We know Full Tilt changed their rake method (the new weighed contributed method is in beta 18) If Bodog now uses a secret formula, you're the first to bring it up. :

Biju
10-07-2010, 03:10 PM
Individuals are just quoting how their rake appears compared to the past. It seems losers get the same some, average players are in the middle and winners get a lot less than before - so individual mileage varies. I contacted my r/b affiliate and they don't know how Bodog calculate it and just post Bodog calculations and deposit what Bodog says the individual earned taking their cut off the top. A lit aribitrary for me without knowing how it's calculated it's open to abuse. Hoped more here might have noticed to see if there was any work arounf calcs to see xbb/100 winner makes y% in r/b. Guess it's too early for that though.