PDA

View Full Version : Finally I can switch to Linux

j1nx
10-29-2008, 04:37 AM
Yesterday is re-tested virtualbox again to see if it is upto the tasks I want it to be and finally the answer is; YES.

Background Information:
Virtualbox is a opensource variant of VMWare. Their latest version seamlessy integrate itself into the linux desktop. So I can finally have a VM Windows XP running at the background and all the programs running on the linux desktop (sort of). Poker and HoldemManager were the only things I still needed to do on XP and therefor have a dualboot system. Now that Virtual Machines finally integrate themself into the linux desktop I can finally kick windows out of my house.

What I want:
1) I now use HM on my desktop and Laptop. As a transition period I want to give up the license on my laptop and use that one for the Virtual Machine.
2) When the transition period is over and I fully kicked out windows from the desktop PC, I will also transform my laptop to linux with again a virtual machine. So I want the license from my current running desktop installation to be transferred to the VM on my laptop.

So in the end both licenses needs to be "transferred". The question is; Is this possible? And how?

Thanks in advanced.

ps. If people are interested in more information about playing poker and using HM on linux with this method, just let me know.

morny
10-29-2008, 07:57 AM
Whenever you need this done just contact Roy and ask him to deactivate the license and then it will work on the new one, you can only have 2 licenses activate at any one time

j1nx
10-29-2008, 09:28 AM
So, just one simple email will do the job?

wow, nice service!

morny
10-29-2008, 10:14 AM
In 1.06.04 when its fully released you should be able to deactivate via the software aswell

dorkdiggler1
09-29-2015, 10:54 AM
Could do with a bit of help with this j1nx. totally new to Linux. Do you have an email address?

udbrky
09-29-2015, 04:21 PM
This thread is extremely old. I'm not sure he would still follow it.

You will need to install Oracle's Virtualbox for Linux.

You can then install Windows and thus HM2.

The virtual machine will be just like a computer.