PDA

View Full Version : Extracting hands where any player took a particular action

daviddem
10-04-2010, 03:27 AM
Hello,

I would like to make HEM display all the hands where:

- one (or more) player(s) limped/reraised preflop
- at least one of the above players went to showdown

(doesn't matter whether I was at showdown or not)

How?

daviddem
10-05-2010, 01:24 PM
Could somebody just tell me whether this is possible or not without writing SQL queries myself, so I stop wasting my time trying to find a way?

daviddem
10-06-2010, 03:13 PM
Some help please? I have had your software for over a year and have not bothered you with a single question so far, so I would appreciate if you could answer that one. I did search, and did not find.

daviddem
10-08-2010, 04:54 AM
Support?

morny
10-09-2010, 01:31 AM
Unfortunately the developer's do not monitor this forum regularly. They may come on occasionally and answer questions, otherwise we encourage forum members to jump in and help when they can.

Regarding your question if you go to filters > edit > more filters and set limp reraised = true and scroll to the bottom and set players who saw showdown > 0 then that should probably do it

daviddem
10-10-2010, 08:22 AM
No, that doesn't do it because this returns only the hands where I (or the currently selected player) limp-reraised, not all the hands in the DB where ANY player takes this line.

Is it possible to write my own custom filters by editing some file? (I mean custom filters, not custom reports) and add them to the menus in the filter popup window? Is there a how-to somewhere?

morny
10-11-2010, 01:33 AM
might be possible to write SQL query that does what you want but the database structure was set out to mostly extract heros actions and not villains so im not sure if its possible.

To write your own SQL youll obviously need to know SQL and then figure out the database structure, a lot of the stickies refer to the structure but its not documented 100%, if there is a particular field in the database your looking for or something about the structure you need to know let me know and i might be able to help but i dont know very much about SQL so youll need to figure that bit out yourself

redlotus
10-16-2010, 12:58 AM
Here's the SQL. I don't have any idea how to get it into HeM though. This would go into the WHERE clause:

pokerhand_id IN (SELECT pokerhand_id from playerhandscashkeycolumns WHERE maxstreetseen=4 AND preflopaction_id<3 AND preflopplayeractiontype_id IN (SELECT actiontype_id FROM actiontypes WHERE actionstring LIKE 'CR%'))

If anyone there's a way to get this into HeM, I would really like to know.

-red

a.k.a.Also
10-16-2010, 11:53 AM
There appears to be a syntax error in the SQL, @Red, but as I'm a total beginner with SQL I have no idea?? .. close bracket missing somewhere?

Cabbage has been posting some good reports lately, and a SQL query in this thread http://forums.holdemmanager.com/custom-reports/37600-winning-summary-all-players.html

Follow his link to his site and there is a short "how to" page on running queries on your DB.

Here is the direct link to the page
How to execute an SQL query on your HEM database - grahamandrewpoker (http://sites.google.com/site/grahamandrewpoker/how-to-execute-an-sql-query-on-your-hem-database)

Trust that's ok Cabbage - more dropbox for you eh?

redlotus
10-16-2010, 01:26 PM
There appears to be a syntax error in the SQL, @Red, but as I'm a total beginner with SQL I have no idea?? .. close bracket missing somewhere?

Cabbage has been posting some good reports lately, and a SQL query in this thread http://forums.holdemmanager.com/custom-reports/37600-winning-summary-all-players.html

Follow his link to his site and there is a short "how to" page on running queries on your DB.

Here is the direct link to the page
How to execute an SQL query on your HEM database - grahamandrewpoker (http://sites.google.com/site/grahamandrewpoker/how-to-execute-an-sql-query-on-your-hem-database)

Fixed the bugs (was apparently moving too fast the first time around).

I have no problems running queries against a HeM db. The problem is getting it into HeM so that you can view the hands in a neat and tidy view. Guess I'll head over to the suggestions forum.

Anyway, here is a query loosely based on the above filter:

SELECT playerhand_id,
(SELECT playername FROM players WHERE player_id=playerhandscashkeycolumns.player_id),
(SELECT holecardstring FROM holecards WHERE holecard_id=playerhandscashkeycolumns.holecardvalu e_id)
FROM playerhandscashkeycolumns
WHERE playerhand_id IN (SELECT playerhand_id from playerhandscashkeycolumns WHERE maxstreetseen=4 AND preflopaction_id<3 AND preflopplayeractiontype_id IN (SELECT actiontype_id FROM actiontypes WHERE actionstring LIKE 'CR%'))
This query will list the names and hole cards of players that have limp/reraised.
-red

a.k.a.Also
10-16-2010, 03:59 PM
Fixed the bugs (was apparently moving too fast the first time around).

Yup, works ty:)

I have no problems running queries against a HeM db.

You obv know what you're doing but I had to go look it up! Hopefully this helps a few more folks like me.

The problem is getting it into HeM so that you can view the hands in a neat and tidy view. Guess I'll head over to the suggestions forum.

-red

Sadly a lot of these type of threads just fizzle out with no solutions found.
You suggest it, and I'll vote.

Cabbage
10-16-2010, 04:36 PM

It's fine - You can never have enough dropbox :)