PDA

View Full Version : am i supposed to vaccum after purge? dont want to lose hud stats on opponents

mikey
10-02-2010, 07:40 PM
Hey I purged a buncha hands on hem, and it says to reclaim the space I need to run vacuum. Currently with the hands purged I still have stats on my opponents on my hud when I play them, if I vacuum will these stats disapear? I don't want them to.

Patvs
10-02-2010, 11:52 PM
Vacuum won't delete the stats. Only make the database smaller.

Note: there are two types of purge:
1. options--> settings--> purge hands
2. options--> settings--> observed HH configuration--> purge hands

Use #2 is you want to keep all the stats

curtains
10-07-2010, 02:06 PM
Vacuum won't delete the stats. Only make the database smaller.

Note: there are two types of purge:
1. options--> settings--> purge hands
2. options--> settings--> observed HH configuration--> purge hands

Use #2 is you want to keep all the stats

When I use option 1 it works fine, but when I use option 2 my computer stalls and nothing happens, no matter what. Even if I try to attempt to delete simply one day of stats, it never gets a response. Any idea what the problem could be?

Patvs
10-07-2010, 02:17 PM
Which SQL version are you using?

Usually option 2 just takes longer... and it may appear your computer froze (and some programs will display "NOT RESPONDING") but they should unfreeze and become responsive again if you wait long enough

curtains
10-07-2010, 02:21 PM
Which SQL version are you using?

Usually option 2 just takes longer... and it may appear your computer froze (and some programs will display "NOT RESPONDING") but they should unfreeze and become responsive again if you wait long enough

I've left it open for a long time and it always says it's timed out, or it just freezes. This is to purge for one single day and it's been at least an hour of waiting time in these cases with no response. Purging a day using option 1 takes almost no time at all. I can try again I suppose.

I'm not even certain which version of SQL I'm using, as I seem to have both 8.2 and 8.3 installed. Does that mean I'm using 8.3? When I open PGAdmin3, they both show up.

Patvs
10-07-2010, 02:48 PM
Continue discussion in: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-bugs/37019-purging-hands-2.html