PDA

View Full Version : Shifting ALL data from one machine to another

RunBad4Life
10-02-2010, 05:27 AM
I've already made a thread on this and quite frankly got nowhere. I had problems with the data stick I was using being an mp3 player but have since bought a proper flash drive...yet still failing. Firstly I did the back up restore thing. Took the backup file from laptop with very little data to the pc with that has the largest database on. When restoring on the pc HEM, it's unclear what database it's restoring to, you don't get a choice. I want to be able to ADD the data to an already exisiting base, not create a new one! So I tried it differently and exported all hands on the pc and transferred over to the laptop. It took the laptop TWO DAYS to install 400 hh files. Upon completion the stats that are coming up are COMPLETELY wrong. eg I have 12k or so STTs played on my pc but after transferring these hands across it is showing on the laptop HEM as only around 5k. Granted there are lots of summaries missing for Stars stuff, but FTP has auto summaries yet still thousands of games missing.

This problem is proving to be simply not worth the money I have paid for this software, every single task I wish to do with HEM I am having to spend WEEKS making threads, or searching the entire site to find out what to do only for it to fail anyway! Why is it so hard???????

netsrak
10-02-2010, 07:45 AM
It is NOT possible to restore one database into another one.

So you need to import the hands again on your new computer.

For SnG and MTT hands you need to export the hands and the summaries (!) on your older computer and import them on the new one.

RunBad4Life
10-11-2010, 07:57 AM
I have had ALL summaries sent to me from pokerstars in the form of an excel file. Can it be imported in anyway?

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/9632/hemfrm.jpg (http://img221.imageshack.us/i/hemfrm.jpg/)

netsrak
10-11-2010, 08:44 AM
Sorry but this format is not supported.

RunBad4Life
10-27-2010, 09:02 AM
Ok so taken all that on board, not much can do about it.

Have another problem now tho. Sometimes when importing summaries they are just not showing up. If I remember I usually send summaries from Stars client after each set and they work out no problem. But if the number of summaries I've forgotten to get mounts up to a bigger number, it becomes less reliable. I just imported my last 64 games and all but 16 registered with the tick mark to say the summary was there. Upon checking the tourney numbers I imported those tournies seperately and still the boxes won't check?

fozzy71
10-27-2010, 08:20 PM
I would suggest you request and import all your tournament histories and import those to HM. Stars does not write the tourney summaries to your hard drive, like FTP does.

Email support@pokerstars.com and ask for ALL your old Hand Histories and Tournament Histories/Results.

They will send you an email with links to zip files of your hand histories. Download all the zip files. Right-Click > Extract the contents of each zip file to a new folder. HM > Import From Folder for all of the unzipped hands.

The tournament summaries should be attached to the email as .htm files. Download the attachments. HM > Import File(s) for all of those files. It will probably ask you to search/select your Pokerstars screen name. If the files are sent as .html you will need to rename them (Right-Click > Rename) from .html to .htm extensions.

Then later, you want to import the summaries on a regular basis:

Pokerstars > Lobby > Requests > Tournament History .. > 200

Then you have to create a text file, from the email, to import to HM.

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Import Emailed Hand Histories (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/117/Import+Emailed+Hand+Histories+)

RunBad4Life
11-01-2010, 10:05 AM
Um yeah I've tried all that. I already posted a pic above of the format Stars sned summaries in. They do not send them in .txt format. Also, what I am saying is HEM is importing my summaries but they're not showing up. Just now I imported my last 60 or so and the summary box only ticked for a few of those that were imported.

netsrak
11-01-2010, 10:28 AM
It depends on the Stars support guy in which format they send the files.

You requestesd the summaries for your latest tourneys via the Stars client and its still not working for all tourneys?
Is your stars client switched to english language?
The summaries are in english?
Which HM version are you using?

RunBad4Life
11-01-2010, 11:17 AM
Yes everything's English everything is normal. I am using 1.11.05. Let's say I import 60 summaries. Summaries 1-35 box will tick as if to say it is in there, then boxes 36-60 will remain unticked as if to say it's not there when I have indeed imported them. So I try to import one single tourney number again and the box still doesn't tick as if to say done.

morny
11-01-2010, 09:19 PM
please email the hands and the corresponding summaries to support@holdemmanager.net and also link to this thread and well look into this

RunBad4Life
11-02-2010, 05:28 AM
What is that going to show? A summary is a summary they are all the same :confused:

netsrak
11-02-2010, 12:58 PM
We want to check it on our test installations.

RunBad4Life
11-08-2010, 05:14 PM
Sent email have you received?

morny
11-08-2010, 10:22 PM
Thanks it was received, usually the process is we spend some time replicating this, write up a report and forward to the developers who then assign it a priority on their task list. Normally we don't give out an ETA on individual bugs as its very difficult to give an accurate timeframe but rest assured we will get to it asap

RunBad4Life
03-06-2011, 09:57 PM
Hi, I need to do some transferring again and probably on a regular basis so I was thinking the easiest way would be to just copy and paste into a flash drive all files from HM archive, being as they now include summaries too meaning we don't have to bother with the old back up thing. But I was wondering, do player stats (ie vpip/pfr) etc get transferred across in the hh's and/or summaries?

Patvs
03-06-2011, 11:39 PM
If you reimport ALL your original handhistories.
The new database, will be exactly the same as the old database and include all stats.

Note: if you're reimporting 1 million+ hands... it's a lot FASTER to just create a .BACKUP of the entire database, and RESTORE the .backup.

Read: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/72/Backup+%26+Restore+Database

The advantage of this is, the restored database will automatically include your notes, bonus/rakeback info, etc.

If you reimport the original handhistories, you'll also have to export/import the notes, bonus/rakeback info, etc. to get HoldemManager exactly as how it was before.

RunBad4Life
03-10-2011, 01:49 PM
I think in this thread I have huge difficulty in getting the back up and restore thing to work properly. Was a big fail on all levels. I won't be importing ALL hands from my database, just ones since pokerstars auto summaries started which was from around Dec 2010 iirc. That is around 19k hands and ALL of the FTP databse which goes back to 2009 and that is around 180k hands.

fozzy71
03-11-2011, 04:12 PM
I think in this thread I have huge difficulty in getting the back up and restore thing to work properly. Was a big fail on all levels. I won't be importing ALL hands from my database, just ones since pokerstars auto summaries started which was from around Dec 2010 iirc. That is around 19k hands and ALL of the FTP databse which goes back to 2009 and that is around 180k hands.

You can try the old database backup method with pgadmin -

If you play a site like stars/ftp you can email their support and ask for all your old hand histories and tourney histories/results.

Email support and ask for ALL your old Hand Histories and Tournament Histories/Results.

They will send you an email with links to zip files of your hand histories. Download all the zip files. Right-Click > Extract the contents of each zip file to a new folder. HM > Import From Folder for all of the unzipped hands.

The tournament summaries should be attached to the email as .htm files. Download the attachments. HM > Import File(s) for all of those files. It will probably ask you to search/select your Pokerstars screen name. If the files are sent as .html you will need to rename them (Right-Click > Rename) from .html to .htm extensions.

Full Tilt sends multiple partial rar files that extract to a single large text file. That one text file contains hands and summaries both.

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/117/Import+Emailed+Hand+Histories+

You do manual backups of a database, using these steps:

Export your Hand Histories
http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/98/How+to+Import+%26+Export+Hands

Export Your Notes
http://faq.holdemmanager.com/images/notes-02.jpg

Export Your Bonuses and Rakeback – Options > Rakeback & Bonuses http://faq.holdemmanager.com/images/rakeback-bonuses-01.jpg

Export any tourney summaries by selecting all your tournaments in the Data View Sub-Tab of the Tourney > Results Menu and choose Export Tourney Results and summaries

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/images/tourney-data-view-01.jpg

Then can you create a new database http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/75/Create+%7B47%7D+Delete+Database

Finally reimport all your hands/notes/summaries into the new database

RunBad4Life
07-07-2011, 09:08 AM
I've had to re-import all my hands on a recent machine of mine because having spent hours doing it when I first bought it, the hard drive had failed within 2 months and has been replaced.

How I do this process is I simply copy and paste my entire hmarchive folder to a memory stick, switch to the other machine and import from said stick. Easy as pie. Only, for some weird reason, it's not importing everything properly. eg I have something like 250k hands on first machine, ALL hands go onto the data stick yet only 180k odd hands are showing up on the new machine. How the hell can I get this to import properly? There is no fucking way I can go through every damn summary to see which ones are missing, find that month, change the name of the folder and re-import, that would take forever!

Patvs
07-07-2011, 06:58 PM
You played everything on PokerStars, right?
Easier than importing the HMArchive folder, email PokerStars, request:
-1 the handhistories for every hand you've ever played
-2 the .html summary file with all your SNG and MTT results

Then reimport all those files.
This way, you'll be sure you have all hands/results in the database.

RunBad4Life
07-08-2011, 04:28 PM
First of all pokerstars NEVER email your entire history of hands and summaries. I've tried this a thousand times they do not do it! Secondly, I know all the hands are in the archive because HEM on the 1st machine shows for example tournies played on 24th April, games on that day are clearly on the memory stick and imported, only they don't show in the new HEM.

Patvs
07-08-2011, 09:37 PM
set the date formatting of your computer to M/d/yyyy (and not to European default d/M/yyyy) and change the region settings to English (United States): Windows--> Control Panel--> Language & Region

clear filters (even though it appears no filters are selected)

---

PokerStars won't sent you summaries for all your tournies.
They will sent you a results file. (you can use the import from file on this)
And they'll sent you all the handhistories.

fozzy71
07-10-2011, 12:15 PM
First of all pokerstars NEVER email your entire history of hands and summaries. I've tried this a thousand times they do not do it! ....

Yes they will, assuming you ask for the right files and dont get a trainee answering your request. I have done it multiple times myself and I have helped 100's of customers request them and import them.

You need to request and import any/all your tournament histories and import those to HM. Stars did not write the tourney summaries to your hard drive in the past, like FTP did. They recently added this feature, so please enable the option in the PokerStars client and add the folder to your Auto Import Folder Configuration.

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/6/Poker+Stars+Setup

Email support@pokerstars.com and ask for ALL your old Hand Histories and Tournament Histories/Results.

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/117/Import+Emailed+Hand+Histories+

RunBad4Life
07-17-2011, 06:44 AM
So I will get summaries for the tournaments going as far back to when Stars didn't send summaries with their tournaments histories automatically? Hmmmm was sure I'd done this before and got told they don't do summaries only hh, but will give it a try, thanks.

RunBad4Life
07-17-2011, 07:36 AM
Yep, as expected they're bullshitting me about how they can't do this :rolleyes:

Patvs
07-17-2011, 08:20 AM
They can't sent you old summaries. (you can only request the last 200 summaries from within the pokerclient)

They can sent you your results:
a .html file with your STT results, and a .html file with your MTT results.

A results file is different than a summary, as it will only list how much YOU win. (it won't list the finish position of all the OPPONENTS)

RunBad4Life
07-17-2011, 02:31 PM
But that's good enough to give me precise accuracy for red lines etc?

Patvs
07-17-2011, 07:24 PM
The red line in STTs fully comes from the handhistories.
The summaries are not needed.

RunBad4Life
07-18-2011, 12:09 PM
Hang on a minute here. Before Stars were doing summaries auto it was imperative that we imported them manually because it otherwise screwed up results, I remember this vividly from having problems back then.

Patvs
07-18-2011, 06:03 PM
If you play MTTs you need to import the summaries. Read the tournament summary section @ http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/6/PokerStarsSetup

But there is no luck adjusted winnings calculation for MTTs.

RunBad4Life
07-20-2011, 10:46 AM
Well so far all they've sent me is my last 1000 games hh lol. They're a fkn joke, 5 emails I've sent stating PRECISELY what I want, they fk u around no end!!!

RunBad4Life
07-20-2011, 11:27 AM
So it seems they're sending them a 1000 or so at a time but decided to stop the process after sending the first lot. Another bunch have come thru and I've now asked for "results files in .html". Let's see how many back forths this one takes! :rolleyes:

RunBad4Life
07-20-2011, 11:47 AM
I've look ed thru some of the hh's and at the end of a game it says where I finished and how much I won anyway so does this mean I don't need any results files now?

Patvs
07-20-2011, 12:08 PM
It only states how much you won in STTs.... or if you make it to the final table of a MTT.

You need the summaries/results-html, if you often cash (but don't make it to the final table) of MTTs.

Or if you play special STTs (Fifty50 / Double or Nothing,... or Steps/Satellites where HoldemManager needs the info from the summary file)

RunBad4Life
07-20-2011, 12:37 PM
Ok I've imported a tiny sample and indeed it's imputting false information, mostly getting the no. of entrants wrong, eg it often gets 18 and 9 mans mixed up, hence the need for summaries. Ok will have to keep on at them about the results then.

RunBad4Life
07-20-2011, 12:40 PM
Oh they've started sending summaries but they're in .asp format????

It seems HEM imports these .asp files.

RunBad4Life
07-20-2011, 12:54 PM
So I've just imported the summaries only, they import in a flash and the red line doesn't feature it just sticks exactly in line with the green one. Would the hands need importing to correct things anyway? Would have thought the summaries would be enough...

Jeepers this process is harder than grinding the tables.

2nd thoughts of course the hands would have to be in for the red line LMAO!!

RunBad4Life
07-21-2011, 02:47 PM
Well it's been going for 26 hours now. It says like "3 of 4 parts of large file have been processed..." then a few mins it will change to "4 of 8 parts..." but the green progress line has gotten to about 3/4 along and is not going any further. What sort of time are we talking here? It's less than a million hands, maybe only half a mill.

RunBad4Life
07-21-2011, 07:02 PM
31 hours, hasn't moved from my last post.

Patvs
07-21-2011, 07:06 PM
If the hands are in clunky large .txt files it can take quite some time.
PostgreSQL can process small .txt files (original handhistories from the archive folder) a lot faster than large .txt files.

When the import is finished, backup the database: http;//faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/72/backup526restoredatabase

It's a lot faster to restore a .backup than it is to reimport all the hands.

RunBad4Life
07-21-2011, 08:59 PM
Hmm I did go down that road originally but it failed big time. Will see when it finally finishes.

RunBad4Life
07-22-2011, 10:03 PM
Well sad to say and totally expected tbh, it's been another complete and utter abortion! Every hh since Jan 2010 and summary has been imported and the results are a million miles off what they should be. 2000 games less than what is showing on sharkscope. Entire months of games missing. Summary boxes aren't ticked etc etc

Patvs
07-22-2011, 10:19 PM
What did PokerStars sent you?
Did they sent you a .asp file / .html file that actually contains all your results?
And they sent you two files.. one for STTs.. and one for MTTs?

RunBad4Life
07-23-2011, 07:05 AM
They sent every single game ever played for the time period requested and yes all summaries were .asp files.

RunBad4Life
07-23-2011, 08:32 AM
So I just tried the backup restore version and it worked perfectly this time. How is it a million times faster than any other way??? I should have done this in the first place then requested from stars only HH's I don't have which is from August 2010 backwards. I've already emailed them saying they couldn't have sent me everything and they insist they did.

Patvs
07-23-2011, 10:24 AM
So you're currently only missing games/results that Stars didn't sent you?
And all other (recent) games do show up in HoldemManager with the results?

RunBad4Life
07-23-2011, 12:28 PM
From the importing of everything pokerstars sent me no, everything was wrong. Summary boxes weren't ticked even thought they "apparently" sent me ALL summaries, tons of hands missing, blah blah. So now I just did a backup from my other machine and on that database is everything fairly accurately from August 2010 until now. So I am wanting everything from Jan 2010 to end of July 2010. I have requested to Stars they send me hh's for the time period I'm missing and they've started sending them. I asked for January 2010 ONLY and the first one they've sent is for this month!!!! AAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGH

RunBad4Life
07-25-2011, 10:20 PM
Right, this time I received the HH's I opened each folder to see which dates they went from and to, then re-named the file according to the dates. Between each HH they sent are gaps in dates which I checked out on sharkscope to see if I played and indeed I did and many games are therefore missing. I am first just going to import one month's worth of hands into HEM and then see if those hands tally up with sharkscope first.

RunBad4Life
08-01-2011, 12:08 PM
This whole process is going from bad to worse. Utter hell. I was slowly going through the process of installing HH's month by month and comparing with sharkscope for verification when I had some trouble with a bluetooth dongle I was trying to install. Out of nowhere at all every one of my desktop icons just disappeared aprt from the recycle bin. So I just rebooted, still all gone. So I restored the laptop to just ONE DAY prior to all this and it restored fine only has completely wiped all my HH folders I'd neatly created and also every single summary file. System restore is not supposed to delete ANYTHING at all and the files had been saved on here well over a week with machine having several reboots thus securing they were saved. Then the ONE DAY PRIOR restore wipes the fucking lot!!!! AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Patvs
08-01-2011, 08:29 PM
Did you place them in a subfolder on your desktop?
System Restore might mess with the desktop, to return everything back to how it was 24 hours before.

RunBad4Life
08-02-2011, 02:12 PM
It's ok I found them all again. So now I've imported another month's worth from early 2010 and now it won't show a red line for STT's. All hh's are in there, it's absolutely bang on with sharkscope to the nearest game, ROI and profit are identical, there's just no red line anymore. And also time played is 0 hours and $/hour is infinity.

Patvs
08-02-2011, 07:23 PM
What type of STTs are these? Are they 6max HYPER TURBOs?

RunBad4Life
08-03-2011, 07:39 AM
From 2010??????? ummmmmm, no. Ordinary turbos.

fozzy71
08-03-2011, 08:10 AM
Please zip and email the problem hand histories, with a link to this thread and your forum name, to support@holdemmanager.com

Patvs
08-04-2011, 03:10 AM
I imported all your hands:
34852 hands

Resulted in 718 games.
EV is calculated for ALL STTs.

Note: EV cannot be calculated for the 2 table (18 man) games you played.

So the EV line is displayed just fine.
TIME is fine (it displays time for ALL games)
$/hr value is normal.
etc.

Create a NEW database: Options--> Database Management--> Connect--> Create New Database--> (set it as default)--> Start HoldemManager

And try importing the file you sent us.