PDA

View Full Version : Problems OnGame

Gagate
10-28-2008, 05:26 PM
Hallo

I apologise for my English, I use the translator.

I use HM (1.06.04 beta 14) for play on OnGame. There is a problem, some hands do not get to a database. What it is possible to make?

morny
10-28-2008, 09:19 PM
Please follow this FAQ and the instructions for 1.06.04 http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=148 and if this dosent fix the problem please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config and ill try and help

Also try creating a new database and see if it helps the problem http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=146

Gagate
10-28-2008, 10:48 PM
Here a file 492

Gagate
10-29-2008, 01:49 AM
I have created a new database and the problem has disappeared. But when I imported there all hands a problem have returned.

morny
10-29-2008, 04:48 PM
If you experience this problem then close down HM and your ongame client and do the following:

1) rename the ongame DB to something else so that the ongame client recreates a new one. A smaller DB will have less of these problems
2) Open holdemmanager.config from C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config and look for OngameDBDelay. Change the value from 15 to say 30 or 60. The longer you set this the less frequently HM will try to import hands. That # is the number of seconds.

The problem is that when ongame is writing hand info to the DB it frequently fails when another program is querying the DB. This causes corrupt hand info in the DB. What they should be doing is retrying on a failure (like Prima does for their SQLite DB) but they are not so if you play a bunch of tables then the chances of missing hands is higher since you are more likely to be reading from the DB while ongame tries to write to the DB. By setting this # much higher you make this much less likely.

When you say it misses some hands how many hands over what sample?

Gagate
10-29-2008, 10:13 PM
I do not know how many precisely, approximately 5 - 15%

Gagate
10-30-2008, 06:17 PM
I have made everything that you have advised to me - has created a new ongame database and change OngameDBDelay value to 30. Unfortunately some hands on the former vanish.

morny
10-31-2008, 12:00 AM
Yeah as i mentioned already this is due to the bad choice of database that Ongame use, i can do a www.teamviewer.com session to see if all your settings are correct and have a look if its loosing an average of 10% of hands then i can watch a short session of maybe 100 hands and then have a look at the 10 or so hands it missing to make sure its because of database and not because of HM

email me morny@holdemmanager.net with a suitable time