PDA

View Full Version : Using Hud and Table Ninja

Jaybear
10-01-2010, 01:41 AM
When I run both programs at the same time, Poker Stars would freeze up. I know it because I am using both programs, because when I close Holdem Manger, Poker stars work fine just running Table Ninja. Also some times my poker tables will have a fragmented image, again only when I run both Table Ninja and HM. I have down loaded the new update for HM but Still have the same problem.

Patvs
10-01-2010, 02:42 AM
1.11.05 beta 17?

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab. Do the same for the PokerStars main .exe file.

Add exceptions for all those files to the windows firewall, even if it is off.

And manually run a Windows Update, and install EVERY update

Jaybear
10-02-2010, 02:37 PM
I am using Vista and my anti-virus program is Trend Micro. I did everything in your post and I am still havingg the freeze problem where everything locks up until I close HM. It also puts a drag on how fast the tables pop up when I use both HM and TN. I play about 10 to 12 tables at a time and everthing runs smoove when I run just TN, but when I try to run both HM and TN, everything starts to slow down or freeze altogether.

Patvs
10-02-2010, 05:12 PM
What sort of CPU, RAM, hard-drive do you have now?

Jaybear
10-02-2010, 09:38 PM
I have an AMD Athlon 64 x2 Core Processor 4400+ 2.30 GHz. RAM 2.00 GB with a 32-bit Operating System.

Patvs
10-02-2010, 10:08 PM
How much RAM is being used when you run HM + TN?
Is your computer resorting to using the virtual memory file?

Jaybear
10-04-2010, 01:59 PM
When running both HM and TN with six games going, my CPU Usage is at 7% to 18%. My Memory is at 911 MB to 933MB (these are the reading from graphs on my Task Manager in the performance tab).

Physical Memory: Total = 1917, Cached = 1054, free = 20

Kernel Memory: Total = 263, Paged = 166, Nonpaged = 96

At the bottom of my task manager it reads Processes = 77, CPU = 7% to 18%, physical Memory 53%

During these numbers the program froze again, I hope this helps I am not that good with computers.

Patvs
10-04-2010, 07:50 PM
Vista is Updated to Service Pack 2?

Are there any Windows Updates available if you manually run a Windows Update?

Jaybear
10-06-2010, 12:03 PM
All my windows updates have been installed and I am still getting these freezes when I run both programs at once.

netsrak
10-07-2010, 05:16 AM
Please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files(X86)\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder (or something similar depending on your installation). It may be just called holdemmanager if you've extenstions turned off.

Jaybear
10-07-2010, 01:21 PM
I hope this is the one you ask for

Patvs
10-07-2010, 02:37 PM
Can you change your archive folder setup where every site has it's own archive folder--->
and change it to ONE archive folder.

Jaybear
10-07-2010, 03:30 PM
OK I have done that what is next?

Patvs
10-08-2010, 05:00 AM
Do everything from this list:

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/11194-top-10-hem-performance-increase-tips.html

Jaybear
10-08-2010, 09:20 PM
Cant find the Purge HH option?

morny
10-09-2010, 12:52 AM
Options > Settings > Purge Hands

Jaybear
10-10-2010, 12:23 PM
Thanks, After playing around I found out that the problem is my HUD freezing and causing my games to lag and run real slow. At first I thought it was because I was using TN and HM together. I can have HM running and importing my hands and eveything is fine, even with TN running. But when I turn my HUD on thats when the problems begin. Is there any quick fix to this problem? I have requested a teamviewer session fo help also.

morny
10-11-2010, 12:04 AM
Hi,

Can you make sure your Opacity slider in Hud options > Player Preferences> Appearance TAB is 100% to the right and also do the same for the mucked cards Opacity

Also keep task manager running and have it sort by CPU in the Processes TAB and see what is using the most CPU when the lagging happens.

Try disabling as many programs as possible such as AHK scripts,Firewall, limewire,Mikogo etc and Antiviruses and if they cant be disabled make sure you add all these programs to the exceptions list such as HMhud.exe,DBcontrol panel.exe and holdemmanager.exe from the Holdem Manager folder aswell as any of the other programs that happen to be running, sometimes for example the antivirus/firewall etc scan every file thats been processed and it can slow things down so running with as few programs as possible.

Also going to control panel > Admin Tools > Event Viewer and copy and paste any description if there are any error or information events that coincide with the time of the lagging.

Go to Hud Options > Site Options and disable all the prefetch/track live hands options

Lastly make sure your graphics driver is up to date as this can make a big difference to lagging even with a brand new PC.
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: How To Update Your Graphics Card Driver (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/362/How+To+Update+Your+Graphics+Card+DriverOn)

Jaybear
10-11-2010, 06:08 PM
WHen the program freezed up the two highest CPU at the time were HMHud.exe and csrss.exe in that order.

Here is the description in the event properties.

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Hang
Date: 10/11/2010 10:36:58 AM
Event ID: 1002
Task Category: (101)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Owner-PC
Description:
The program HMHud.exe version 1.0.0.1 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Problem Reports and Solutions control panel. Process ID: 1e0 Start Time: 01cb694c4d8dc8da Termination Time: 62
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Application Hang" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1002</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>101</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2010-10-11T15:36:58.000Z" />
<EventRecordID>25390</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>Owner-PC</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>HMHud.exe</Data>
<Data>1.0.0.1</Data>
<Data>1e0</Data>
<Data>01cb694c4d8dc8da</Data>
<Data>62</Data>
<Binary>55006E006B006E006F0077006E0000000000</Binary>
</EventData>
</Event>

And this happen at the same time:

Log Name: System
Source: Service Control Manager
Date: 10/11/2010 10:36:44 AM
Event ID: 7036
Task Category: None
Level: Information
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Owner-PC
Description:
The WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service service entered the running state.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Service Control Manager" Guid="{555908D1-A6D7-4695-8E1E-26931D2012F4}" EventSourceName="Service Control Manager" />
<EventID Qualifiers="16384">7036</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>4</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2010-10-11T15:36:44.000Z" />
<EventRecordID>112414</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>Owner-PC</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="param1">WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service</Data>
<Data Name="param2">running</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Not sure what this is, "To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Problem Reports and Solutions control panel."

I dont if this helps any let me know if you need more info.

morny
10-12-2010, 12:32 AM
We just released a new version, Please install the latest version: http://rvgsoftware.fileburst.com/HmBetaUpdate.exe and if it still persists with that version maybe we can do a teamviewer session to troubleshoot the problem, please email me with a suitable time to do the session and also the timezone your in.

support@holdemmanager.com

Svega
11-08-2010, 12:08 AM
I have a similar (or same) issue, so instead of a new topic, I will post here.

Using the pokerstars client and HEM (+HUD), the tables seem the lock up / freeze / get a fragmented image above a certain level of system stress. For me it's above 20+ tables or so. Used to run 24 tables without issues, and the problem appeared only occasionally (like after playing for a few hours). Now, by running table ninja, it appears sooner, for example 16 tables, and as soon as the certain amount of tables is played. Closing down table ninja, the hud, or the last opened table fixes the issue. Re-adding the 17th table makes it appear again. It's definitely not table ninja related, it simply increases the load on the system.

The issue:

the tables kinda "freeze". (I have them stacked). By clicking on them on the taskbar, the table images remain the same, as the last table was when this event started, but the hud and the player cards both refresh, also buttons work, but the villains' names, stack sizes, etc. are 'frozen', as if the tables didn't refresh correctly.

I'm guessing either the hud or the pokerstars client is running out of something... vga memory, gdi object handles, etc. The system is highly stressed of course, but there are still more then enough memory and/or cpu resources around by the looks of it.

The system:

AMD 64 X2 dual core 3800+, 2.5gb ram, 3.75 gb fix size virtual memory, Nvidia GTS 250, XP SP3 (updated), all the usual top10 HEM, postgresql, etc. performance tips, etc., a very clean system (I'm an IT prof.). The HEM HUD contains 11 stats in 2 panels, FR tables, no player HUD, +table avgs, no HUD opacity, etc. Happens with both HEM 1.11 and 1.11.05a.

Hints:

I tried doing a screenshot during this event, it ended up being black and white.. According to the microsoft support site this may indicate that "...the system may not have enough system resources or available memory to display the image in color. The image may also be distorted and unreadable." I guess the same happens to the stars client, but in case of a high cpu usage environment, I would rather expect a "lag", instead of this. (Altough all the tables are part of a single stars client application, so if the application is out of resources, this might result in (for example) refresh errors on all the tables.)

Could this be HEM HUD related, or rather pokerstas related? I lead towards the stars clients, since the hud keeps refreshing, while the tables don't, on the other hand, the stars tables are nothing fancy, while I guess the hud's overlay is more likely to mess up something diplay-related for example.

(Didn't contact stars support yet. Also can't tell any specific values for cpu/memory usage, I will try to check the values the next time this happens.)

Any ideas?