PDA

View Full Version : Need some explanation about Vs Player TAB and Vs Player filter

Spec
01-09-2013, 06:02 AM
Question 1:
When I filter vs Player A I get 362 hands.
However when I select Player A as the main player and then I filter vs myself I get 1.200 hands.
Why is there this discrepancy ? Should they be the same ?

Question 2
In the TAB Vs Player I see following stats against player A:
148 wins / 233 losses

However if I tick all hands in the bottom part of the screen I get 2.991 hands. Why this discrepancy ? Shouldn't the win + losses sum 2.991 in total ?

fozzy71
01-11-2013, 11:10 AM
I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the Vs Player tab and I apologize for the delay. I have escalated this to our 2nd level support techs and have explained the issues you are having and they will be in touch shortly to help resolve the problem.

agk27
01-13-2013, 04:24 AM
Any news?

Sarek
01-13-2013, 03:53 PM
Not yet, sorry, we are shorthanded in weekend

Patvs
01-20-2013, 06:32 AM
A. When HERO raises from the button, (the small blind folds), player B folds his big blind. HERO wins the hand. This hand will show up using this filter as chips moved directly from Player B to HERO.

The number of hands is the same whether you use vsPlayer-filter HERO vs Player B, or vsPlayers-tab:.

If you use a ‘reversed’ vsPlayer-filter Player B vs HERO it will result in a lot more hands.
A. (the same hands as before)

B. And hands where there was no exchange in chips between HERO and Player B, but either HERO or Player did contribute something to the pot.
(usually because one of them was in the blinds) So this includes hands where HERO folds in early position, Player C raises. Player B folds his small blind.

You could say the filter: includes situation B hands, when the holecards of the hero are unknown. It only does this using the vsPlayer-filter.
It will exclude those hands using the vsPlayers-tab

Spec
02-01-2013, 05:34 AM
Patvs, I’m really having a hard time to understand this.

I made several tests, importing hand by hand, to a test database and then checking changes in stats and I still don’t get it.

Let's coming back to this, starting by the TAB "vs player".

I picked the most simpler example I could find. I'm the active player and in "vs Players TAB", with no filter, I see against player B:
Wins: zero
Losses: 2
USD: -2.75$

In the bottom part of the screen I see a total of 62 hands with winnings 58$

I replayed only part of those 62 hands and there are at least 10 hands where me and player B were heads up in the flop and one of us won money from the other. How can the stats say 0 wins, 2 losses, -2.75$ vs this player ?

Patvs
02-01-2013, 11:19 PM
vsPlayer tab if you set the min BB's won or lost to 0, it will show ALL hands you played with an opponent.

Whether you won/lost chips against him (or vice versa) in a hand or not. It will include hands where you both folded.
Try setting the min BB's won or lost to 2

Spec
02-02-2013, 08:10 AM
vsPlayer tab if you set the min BB's won or lost to 0, it will show ALL hands you played with an opponent.

Whether you won/lost chips against him (or vice versa) in a hand or not. It will include hands where you both folded.

That's my point.

I have Min BBs Won or Lost = 0 so how can I have 0 Wins 2 Losses -2.75$ against this player if replaying all the hands against him I see more than 10 hands where we were both heads up in the flop and one of us won ?

Patvs
02-02-2013, 09:37 PM
Email us one of these hands to support@holdemmanager.com