PDA

View Full Version : 127.0.0.1 probs

HitShappens
09-29-2010, 09:38 PM
Hi,

HEM not working. I get the not able to connect to 127.0.0.1 response.

Ihave done what the sticky's have asked.

Nothing.

Please advise.

swhogan35
09-29-2010, 10:05 PM
I am having the same problem

netsrak
09-30-2010, 04:17 AM
Solutions:
1. Reboot your computer
2. If that doesn't help look for the hidden system file postmaster.pid in the postgresql data folder, delete it and reboot your computer again.
3. Check the postgresql service in the windows services (control panel->administration). Sometimes it helps to change the Logon As.. to "local system account"
4. Check our FAQ:
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Can't Connect / Failed to Start PostgreSQL (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/91/Can%27t+Connect+%7B47%7D+Failed+to+Start+PostgreSQ L+)

Syracuseball
09-30-2010, 04:49 PM
I am having the same problem. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling but nothing has worked. UAC is turned off as well as Firewall. Anti-virus is uninstalled. What should I try next?

HitShappens
09-30-2010, 08:55 PM
Tried all Suggestions. Nada.

Am down to:

Logon using Local System Account:

1. Go to Start / Control Panel / Administrative Tools (Need to be using classic view in Windows Vista) / Services. The Services dialog will pop up.

2. Scroll to PostgreSQL Database Server. If it isn't started (as indicated in the status column) right click on it and choose Start. If it starts and then stops or was already started, follow the steps below:

3. Right click on PostgreSQL Database Sever and choose Properties. You should see the following dialog.

4. Click on the Log On tab. Copy the username in the This Account field and paste it into Notepad in case you need to use it again. Make sure you know your password as well.

5. Select Local System Account and then click Apply then OK.

6. Restart your PC and see if you still get the error.

7. If it does not fix it, please switch to logon as This Account and enter your username and password again and reboot and continue with the rest of the FAQ.

There is no username in this field. There is a password that I cannot read and has way to many characters for me to know what it is. I did not use a password with this many characters.

Fabio helped me set this up and may have used something I am not aware of.

Thoughts?

Patvs
10-01-2010, 02:25 AM
click on Start and go to Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt

* If you are on Vista, rightclick and choose "Run as Administrator".

A black box should appear. Type 'net user postgres /del' (without the quotes) and press enter.

The user is now deleted and you can (re)install PostgreSQL.

Then reinstall a different version of SQL to a different port.
Try 8.4.4 or 9.0.0 to port 5433
Use postgrespass as password

Download them from PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database (http://www.postgresql.org)

HitShappens
10-01-2010, 09:22 PM
in process,

during reinstall of PostgreSQL, it says it will upgrade existing version using port 5432. It does not give me the option to change port. I clicked next anyway and am promted for password.

postgrespass

response is password is invalid.please enter correct password.

:confused:

Thanks for the help. I know I can get this to work

Patvs
10-01-2010, 10:22 PM

A black box should appear. Type 'net user postgres /del' (without the quotes) and press enter.

The user is now deleted and you can (re)install PostgreSQL.

After doing this it should accept the postgrespass as password.

If you're installing a SQL version you had before (or the old data folder still exists on your harddrive) it's normal it won't give you the option to change the port.
Try the old port 5432, if the install fails, use a different version of SQL.

HitShappens
10-01-2010, 11:08 PM
Installing 9.0.0

during setup I get this message:

Please provide a password for the superuser (postgres) and service account (postgres). If the service account already exists in Windows, you must enter the current password for the account. If the account does not exist, it will be created when you click "next"

I enter the password:

postgrespass

response is password is incorrect. Please enter the correct password for the postgres windows user account

baby steps...baby steps

Patvs
10-02-2010, 12:10 AM
As stated above, you have to delete the postgres user:

The user is now deleted and you can (re)install PostgreSQL and it will accept any password

HitShappens
10-02-2010, 12:28 AM
As stated above, you have to delete the postgres user:

The user is now deleted and you can (re)install PostgreSQL and it will accept any password

No Disrespect, But I have done that. Tried to copy the text to post but it would not let me.

FYI...at this point I am ready to start from scratch..not too many hands invested. If that helps....

Patvs
10-02-2010, 01:39 AM
pm sent