PDA

View Full Version : using a vpn

jphilal
09-29-2010, 02:07 PM
hello,
if i use a vpn to play poker, will holdem manager work?
and will the pokersite will reconize my real location ip because of using of holdem manager?

thank you

The Minder
09-29-2010, 10:47 PM
From the limited information you provided, I would say yes and yes.

jphilal
09-30-2010, 10:30 AM
thank you for you answer.

can you explain to me how the poker site do the link between HM and my real IP address if i use an open vpn ?

thank you

regards

The Minder
09-30-2010, 08:41 PM
You'd have to ask the poker site... and I doubt they would tell you. I'm guessing you're trying to get around your countries laws on gambling. Good luck.

Patvs
10-01-2010, 01:26 AM
hello,
if i use a vpn to play poker, will holdem manager work?
and will the pokersite will reconize my real location ip because of using of holdem manager?

thank you

I'd say... no, but and no, but.. :)
HoldemManager will work, but occasionally it will check the license server (to check your serial) and a VPN client usually (like the use of a proxy) will screw up the connection to the license server. Though you can get around that, by not using the VPN, open HoldemManager, then switch back to using the VPN. After which HoldemManager will still work.

The pokersites are able to see you are running HoldemManager.
Though. they won't recognize your real location IP because you're using HoldemManager. HOWEVER, they MIGHT be able to recognize your real location IP, because they can detect the VPN client.

So the trick is to have two computers. One is running the VPN client. The other computer is NOT. Both computers are in some sort of local network.
Then you use the computer that is NOT running the VPN client to connect to the pokerclient VIA the other computer.

(by the way, I got trashed recently for giving such "honest advise" so if my post gets deleted, the politically correct answer is, we don't give out such advise)

jphilal
10-01-2010, 04:23 PM
thank you for advices !
it is nice to you to answer me about this subject !

pokerfan2011
08-26-2011, 07:58 PM
Hi, there's a new program, that prevents poker software of sending data to internet when the vpn is broken or disabled.
VPN Watcher (http://www.ugdsoft.com/products/vpnwatcher)
very usefull for me as it works with PartyPoker and other software