PDA

View Full Version : PostgresSQL question

Hollo
09-29-2010, 05:15 AM
Hi,

I've been using PT3 omaha which is quite frankly rubbish!

So i've decided to download omaha manager.

Before i do i'd just like to know whether or not i have to download the PostgresSQL component too or will the one i used for PT3 omaha work ok?

netsrak
09-29-2010, 10:01 AM
You can use the same postgresql version installed by PT3. Just make sure that during the HM installation the postgresql option is disabled.
When you start HM the first time you need to edit the database connection data, please use the same data as in PT3. After connection please create a new database for Holdemmanager.

Hollo
09-30-2010, 02:13 PM
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. That all sounds a bit complicated for me! Would it be easier for me to remove postgresSQL and reinstall it with omaha manger?

Patvs
10-01-2010, 12:34 AM
Either don't mess with SQL. In Database Management (dbcontrolpanel.exe) change "postgrespass" which we use as the default postgres password to "dbpass" which pokertrackes likes to use.

Or reinstall SQL. If you use our combo installer (the 93 MB full installer) will attempt to overwrite the old SQL installation and set it up using "postgrespass" as password, after which HoldemManager should run without any changes