PDA

View Full Version : failed to establish connection to 127.0.0.1

eraser
09-29-2010, 01:09 AM
I have bought a brand new PC windows7, tried installing HEM and I am going through a whole load of trouble.

I first tried installing with my UAC at the one-above-bottom level, postgreSQL didnt install, lowered it to the bottom level, and uninstalled postgreSQL from controlpanel and downloaded HEM again and installed. This time it seemed to work.
I installed some poker clients, didnt play any hands, but went to sleep. The next day I start HEM and now it says "failed to establish connection to 127.0.0.1" and doesnt start. I have read the sticky and tried the win32 host file but it was already as what it should be.

What do I do now?

Patvs
09-29-2010, 01:28 AM
This is usually a firewall or windows update issue.

First try to reboot.

If no help, try this:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it. And reboot.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall, even if it is off.

If that doesn't help you will have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely

eraser
09-29-2010, 02:18 AM
None has worked so far.
When I try start service, it wont start. It says something like "service does not respond to..." (My PC is not English)
I don't find the postmaster.pid file. Where do I find it?
I have turned my firewall off and made and exception, but doesnt work.

This is usually a firewall or windows update issue.

First try to reboot.

If no help, try this:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it. And reboot.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall, even if it is off.

If that doesn't help you will have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely

netsrak
09-29-2010, 03:32 AM
Its a hidden system file postmaster.pid in the folder pat posted above (or something similar depending on your windows installation). You need to activate the folder options to display hidden and system files to see it.

Please try a reboot of your computer too.

Sometimes this helps too:
3. Check the postgresql service in the windows services (control panel->administration). Sometimes it helps to change the Logon As.. to "local system account"
4. Check our FAQ:
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Can't Connect / Failed to Start PostgreSQL (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/91/Can%27t+Connect+%7B47%7D+Failed+to+Start+PostgreSQ L+)

eraser
09-29-2010, 10:46 PM
I have no clue why, but reinstalling the HEM, it happened to work