PDA

View Full Version : Fix HUD-killing button ASAP

El Helado
09-28-2010, 09:26 PM
Wow. At times when i have had the computer on for a long time the HUD makes all the windows freeze and I can hear the timer going out. It all fixes the times when i have time to ctrl+alt+del the HUD which is sometimes not the case (like today). Do you know how frustrating it is to get all the tables frozen etc?

PLEASE, GET A KILL HUD-button ASAP

Patvs
09-29-2010, 12:13 AM
Kill hmhud.exe in Windows TaskManager...

Though why is your hmhud.exe freezing your computer?
Is it a memory issue? hmhud.exe is added to your firewall exceptions list?
User Account Control is turned off?

El Helado
10-04-2010, 10:55 AM
Kill hmhud.exe in Windows TaskManager...

Though why is your hmhud.exe freezing your computer?
Is it a memory issue? hmhud.exe is added to your firewall exceptions list?
User Account Control is turned off?

It doesnt always work as I said. It locks the entire computer.

I dont know, it just is.

No. I have 4 gb memory and should thereby be pretty fine.

No, but I can add it. Shouldnt be the issue thou since its a computerfreeze and normally works.

Yes.

Please add a hotkey for auto-shutdown the HUD.

Patvs
10-05-2010, 04:21 AM
No, this is not currently an available feature.

You can suggest it, or vote for it, here - Suggestions Forums - Holdem Manager Forums (http://forums.holdemmanager.com/suggestions-forums/)

(I doubt we'll add a kill switch, instead look into the freezing, which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using? Is Windows missing any updates, can you reinstall Windows)

El Helado
10-05-2010, 09:49 AM
No, this is not currently an available feature.

You can suggest it, or vote for it, here - Suggestions Forums - Holdem Manager Forums (http://forums.holdemmanager.com/suggestions-forums/)

(I double we'll add a kill switch, instead look into the freezing, which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using? Is Windows missing any updates, can you reinstall Windows)

Yeah but its more or less a bug rather then a feature suggestion since it has become a problem for me at least 5-6 times this year. I rake around 18 000$/month and play all sites so maybe I only represent a fraction of the players but still.

Patvs
10-06-2010, 12:07 AM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

And what sort of computer are you using?
With a regular 7200 RPM harddisk?

El Helado
10-07-2010, 02:13 PM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

And what sort of computer are you using?
With a regular 7200 RPM harddisk?

Windows 7, AVG antivirus and I use a SSD-disk

El Helado
02-28-2011, 11:33 AM
God damn. When the f*** will we get a freaking kill-button for the HUD? Today I lost fvcking 300$ simply because of the HUD freezing all my tables and once I finally managed to close it obviously everything was back to normal.

Fix this ASAP

Patvs
02-28-2011, 07:41 PM
Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files, even if it is off.

El Helado
02-28-2011, 07:46 PM
Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files, even if it is off.

Does that add a HUD-killing hotkey? I think not. I always have the latest beta...

Dont want to sound like a douchebag but you should really try to adress the issues posted, Pavts. I normally get a good response from the HM-forum but whenever I dont, its always from you. It would help if you read whats posted and stop reciting standard stuff.

Patvs
02-28-2011, 08:48 PM
We're not adding a HUD-killing hotkey. Just look into your hmhud.exe issue, by adding hmhud.exe to all exceptions lists. Run a Windows Update and install all updates. Did you already install Service Pack 1 for Windows 7?

El Helado
02-28-2011, 08:52 PM
We're not adding a HUD-killing hotkey. Just look into your hmhud.exe issue, by adding hmhud.exe to all exceptions lists. Run a Windows Update and install all updates. Did you already install Service Pack 1 for Windows 7?

Why not? A lot of people have HUD-problems and it causes 90% of all tablefreezes. The HUD is working for me 95% of the time but the 5% that they dont (like today) we lose a lot of money and its very frustrating.

Sure, ill install this but still, you should have a hotkey since it causes so much problems.

El Helado
06-08-2011, 06:20 AM
You seriously need to fix this. This happenes more or less on a daily basis and its so frustrating when I am not quick enough to ctrl+alt+del the HMhud.exe-process.

Patvs
06-08-2011, 07:29 AM
Are you using Norton Antivirus, Comodo or Kaspersky?

El Helado
06-08-2011, 07:30 AM
Are you using Norton Antivirus, Comodo or Kaspersky?

No, I use AVG

Patvs
06-09-2011, 12:42 AM
Is your computer starting in IDE or in ACHI mode (the harddisk)?
Which SSD do you have?

What 4k read/write performances do you get if you run a harddisk benchmark?

Are you using Safari (as your internet browser)?
Are any programs constantly monitoring your computer (firewall, anti-spyware, etc?)

El Helado
06-09-2011, 05:23 AM
Is your computer starting in IDE or in ACHI mode (the harddisk)?
Which SSD do you have?

What 4k read/write performances do you get if you run a harddisk benchmark?

Are you using Safari (as your internet browser)?
Are any programs constantly monitoring your computer (firewall, anti-spyware, etc?)

I have the same problem with two of my computers. One has the intel GM X2 SDD while the other one is another mechanical harddrive that is slower.

Hmm dunno but its very fast, there are faster SDDs now but a year ago then it was the top of the line stuff.

No, dont have safari.

No, only AVG antivirus.

fozzy71
06-09-2011, 09:05 AM
What sites do you play? Cash or SNG?

Try HUD Options > Tables Preferences > [x] Force On Top to see if it reduces the crashing issue.

Make sure windows is fully updated until 'No New Important Updates are Found', including Internet Explorer 9 (even if you use a different web browser) and change your Windows Control Panel > Regional Settings Format to English (USA).

Update your graphics drivers - http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/362/HowToUpdateYourGraphicsCardDriver

Please update to the latest version - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

Please give HoldemManager Administrator rights -

1) Go to C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager (Program Files (x86) if you have the 64bit version)
2) Right-click the HoldemManager.exe and choose "Properties".
3) Go to the Compatibility Tab and select "Run this program as an Administrator".
4) Do the same for HMHud.exe and DBControlPanel.exe

Many of those free Norton, Mcaffee, Comodo, Zonealarm, etc, 'internet security' bundles will not work well with holdem manager. AVG antivirus (standalone version, not Internet Security version) should work fine so you can skip step 5 below.

Please do the following steps, so we can get your computer to a state that we know will work with Holdem Manager:

1) Uninstall any 3rd party security software bundles.
2) Reboot your computer
3) Please install the latest version: http://rvgsoftware.fileburst.com/HmBetaUpdate.exe
4) Enable Windows Firewall's recommended settings through your Control Panel, turn off Windows Defender, and add firewall exceptions for HM and SQL - http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/275/Windows+Firewall+%7B47%7D+Defender+Problems
5) Install Microsoft Security Essentials for antivirus/malware protection and update it - http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

If none of that helps, please send us some log files.

Enable logging from the HUD options->Table prefs menu. When the crash happens again, go to the logs\log.txt file and move it to another location before you restart the hud. I want to get the 'crash' log.txt file after you finish playing. If you restart the hud before moving the log.txt file, it is overwritten.

Please email them to support@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name.

Please attach your holdemmanager.config and prefs.xml file from C:\Program Files(x86)\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config. If your extensions are off you'll just see a file called holdemmanager and prefs. Windows hides 'known file extensions' by default. Configuring Windows To Show Extensions :: Scott Granneman (http://www.granneman.com/techinfo/windows/showextensions/)

From your Windows "Start" button, select "Run..."

Type DXDIAG in the "Open:" field and hit Enter.

DXDIAG will start, and may display a prompt that begins "Do you want to allow DxDiag to check if your drivers are digitally signed..." Answer "Yes" to this query if it appears.

A window entitled "DirectX Diagnostic Tool" appears, and in the lower left corner, a progress meter begins to advance towards the right as DXDIAG collects information relating to the system's hardware and Windows component configuration.

When the progress indicator disappears, hit the "Save All Information" button. Save this file as DXDIAG.TXT where it can be easily located. By default, DXDIAG will place this file on the Desktop.

Note: If you do not see a button that allows you to save the output, you will need to log on to Windows as the Administrator.

Attach this file