PDA

View Full Version : HU SnG's problem

Nucko
09-28-2010, 08:56 PM
Hi.

I grind the HU SnG on Pokerstars. The problem I'm having is that the 4 persons SnG don't register correctly. Sometimes it will be stated as a 2 person tournament, and sometimes when i finish 2.nd (no prize) it will say 110$ won.
(For example on the 55+2.50$ level).

I have ofc downloaded the tournament summaries and everything.

This really screws up my database, as the only 4p tournies I can be sure is registered as just that seem to be the ones I won. If I lost either the first or the second match, it seem to be just a random result. The winnings issue was just a minor inconvenience as I could manually change the prize, but I cant read through 100 HH's per day just to know if it was 2p or 4p.

Thanks in advance
// Niklas

Patvs
09-29-2010, 01:18 AM
update to http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Holdem_Manager_Beta.exe

and reimport your hands into a NEW database.

If you have the SAME problem in 1.11.05 beta 16, email us some of the histories.

Nucko
09-29-2010, 07:54 AM
I have done this now and loaded the last 200 tournament histories, waiting for the other ones from their support. From what I can see the $won problem has disappeared, but there are several other problems.

First. I can't swear by it yet (will test it out the next few days and track my play manually as well), but it still think the 2p vs 4p seem inconsistent. It might just be that I actually played these many 2p the last couple of days, but as I said I will investigate fully the next couple of days.

* Now though they are all noted as 'MTT' under tables in dataview. One or two says '1 Table' or '2 Table', but the bulk says 'MTT'. A heads-up SnG can't really be considered a MTT? Nor a 4p HU SnG I presume, since u have the option '2 Table'.

* Speed says regular, even though they are all Turbos. I think that was the case before as well.

And as a sidenote. What does the column #Played really stand for in the tourney->results->dataview? I get random numbers like 2,3,4,7 and 17. mostly 3 and 17. I haven't been able to figure this out. I thought maybe it was number of played on that session or something, but if thats the case this is also broken.

I will send u the handhistories in a couple of days, when I can pinpoint the exact inaccuracies.

Nucko
09-29-2010, 08:30 AM
Oh, and the times are also messed up! Alot of them say ridicoulus amounts like 360, 344.2 etc. When the actual tournament has taken something like 15 minutes. I can tell from the HH, can't the program?

One tourney for example clearly states that the first hand was dealt
02:03:32
and the last
02:28:29
And it still says 360 in the Time-column.

Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that I have Pokerstars set to European central Time? (That is GMT +1, or ET + 6)
And in HM I have set that pokerstars HH's should be adjusted with 6h.

When does the Time-column get its value? Bc it doesnt seem to get it from the HH. When I import a text like my latest tourney:

PokerStars Tournament #315841896, No Limit Hold'em
Buy-In: $55.00/$2.50 USD
4 players
Total Prize Pool: $220.00 USD
Tournament started 2010/09/29 2:18:02 CET [2010/09/28 20:18:02 ET]
Tournament finished 2010/09/29 2:24:42 CET [2010/09/28 20:24:42 ET]
1: fredebiel (FIgueira da Foz), $220.00 (100%)
2: Dimi21R (Zürich),
3: niiklaas (Gothenburg),
4: Asul (Brasov),

You finished in 3rd place.

The time-column says 360 ??

Maybe it gets it value not form the summary but from the tracked HH's? And maybe then an abrupt close, by tableninja for example, can mess it all up? I have tableninja set to a 3 sec. closing delay, but sometimes I might even close them sooner than that. Maybe thats a cause?

Thats it. Im emailing my HH's and summaries from August 1.st and onward, see if you can make any sense of this. As it is now I have little use for this program which is a shame.

Nucko
09-29-2010, 12:08 PM
A quick update.

I played about 50 more HU SnG's this morning and the time and finished position seemed to register correctly. However, now in the 4persons 55+2.5$ I won, its says money won 440$ instead of 220$.
So all I can gather from about 2-3 months of HU SnG grinding, is that HM is consistently inconsistent with the data gathered.

Also the $EV won is all screwed up in every one of my wins. They are correct for my losses though. I'm not getting any smarter, but this sure is annoying.

Bc the $EV won column is suppose to match the total $EV diff if you watch all the hands, right?

*EDIT: My bad on the EV. That is correct. Since out of the win it subtracts the EV difference. Nevermind that issue. That corrected itself when I changed the $won to the correct number.

*EDIT AGAIN: Although now Im not sure. Sure the EV column corrects itself to the value in the $Won column, but unsure if the $EV is calculated correctly form the start? They seem to be double...
Example hand: I got it in with top set vs a flushdraw, 2160 chips in the middle. You start with 1500 each. I dodge all his outs and win the pot. He was 23% to win.
HM calculates that the chip EV difference is -493, totally correct. This is a 55$+2.50$ tourney, so 3000 in chips should be wort 110$, 1500 in chips 55$ etc.
But the $EV difference column for this hand shows -36.16$ ?? That translates into 220$ for 3000 chips, the double. And this was a 2p SnG, not a 4p, 100% sure of that.

Nucko
09-29-2010, 07:36 PM
Nope, just finished my sessions for today and loaded in the necessary summaries.

A bunch of wins of the 4p $55+2.5 still reads $440, had to change them manually. But not all of them though, it seems random and that is what bothers me so much. I have no idea what else could be wrong when its this random, makes not really trust any of the stats.

And A LOT of them read Time 360, both 4p and 2p.

So the beta-update didn't really solve anything. Hope you get a chance to rectify these problems.

Kind regards
// Niklas

Nucko
10-02-2010, 09:24 AM
Any progress whatsoever? Have you been able to replicate the errors?
Was it ok to attach the rar.ed files or do I have to email them somewhere?

fabio
10-03-2010, 09:57 AM
Thanks a lot for your research, I have added it to our to-do list :)

Nucko
10-11-2010, 12:45 PM
I saw that there was a new official update Oct. 10 and downloaded it. It mentioned pokerstars 4 man HU in the fixes so thought I would give it a try.
But basically nothing has been fixed as far as I can tell.

*The winnings is still reported as $440 (twice the accurate amount).

*Times SEEM to be okay, not 100% sure of this ofc as I cant manually check thousands of tourneys.

*A lot of 2 man tournies are reported as 4 man. It says 1 out of 4 but still has the correct winnings for a two man. (Vice versa may also be true, ie. 4 man beeing reported as 2 man)

*And $EV is still screwed up. It may be screwed up in a sense that it will actually even out in the long run but the reported swings will be of a factor 2X. In a normal 2 man 55+2.5$ buyin, there was for instance only one hand where EV was calculated. It was for 254 chips, startingstacks are 1500 so 3000 total chips in play. The reported $EV is 18.60. This should only be half as 110$/3000 * 254 = $9.30.
Granted it will be double on both ends so to speak, so the final result (as it approaches its true value) will be the same. But the spparent swings will be doubled, which looks a bit crazy.

Not sure that it was supposed to be fixed in this release and don´t want to be a nag. But just keeping you updated on the issues. HU on Stars is completely broken right now. :(

morny
10-11-2010, 11:37 PM
please email the hands to support@holdemmanager.net and also link to this thread and ill check into this with the 1.11.05 build and chase up the bug report and get you an update. Please link to this thread as well

Nucko
10-20-2010, 12:44 AM
Any progress at all on these issues?

netsrak
10-20-2010, 03:41 AM
Its still in work.

fabio
10-20-2010, 04:10 AM
Hi,

this is at the top of our priority list and should be fixed very soon. Sorry for the delay.

Nucko
10-21-2010, 04:44 PM
OK, cool. I might as well throw this out there as well. One request/suggestion I have. Since I play a lot during the times 22:00-04:00 local time, I adjust the "day start time" to 06:00 under settings. As the setting states it applies to all "today filters". And this works great when I'm reviewing my results for the current day or yesterday.

But it would make a lot of sense if this went further than this. When I for example check "Tourneys->Results and check out the Daily report, I would like these numbers to reflect the 'true' workdays. IE not the times 00:00-24:00.
As it is now i believe a lot of the data gets mixed together. Its not a big issue, but a user option here would be nice. As I'm much more interested in seeing the results from actual Saturday sessions for example, not a mix of tourneys played after midnight on Thursday and the evening on Saturday.

Thx
// Niklas

thinslicer
10-28-2010, 12:53 AM
I also am waiting for the fix because my 4-man husng stats are usually wrong, ex. it says i won $22 when i come 2/4 (supposed to be 0) or that i won $88 when i get 1/4 (supposed to be 44).

Also, once it's fixed how do I adjust it without making a database. For some reason, HEM is not backing up probably for me, the error says "pg_dump/pg_restore/pg_dumpall-backup and restore postgresql databases has stopped working."
check online for a solution and close the program and close the program are two presented options.

Thank you in advance for helping

Nucko
10-31-2010, 12:14 PM
Alright, downloaded the latest 1.11.05a version and everything, even though I only played 25 tournies today, seemed to be in order. Great, thanks.

But still, the EV thing...
I know this is a rather advanced topic and many people get confused, and I hope this isn't the case with me this time. I'm somewhat mathematically inclined and it just doesn't seem right. All values are doubled imo. Now I ofc only import HU SnGs from stars so I don't know if it affects other HH, but I'm pretty sure that I'm right at least with my data. If I'm confused, please let me know how.

One example from today:
Only one hand in the entire 2man $55+2.50 SnG is Allin and therefore EV-calculated.
Allin preflop with KK for me and AK for him. Im pretty much exactly a 70% favorite. I had 70 more chips than him, so there was 2930 in the pot.

I won, and HM correctly calculates that I won 883 chips "more than I should have". (cEV Diff = -883)
But then alsa states that this equates to almost 65$ "more than I should have". ($EV Diff = -$64.72)

Since $55 is the buyin, which is 1500 chips, how the hell can 883 chips be worth almost $65? Accordning to me this number is double that of my calculations: ( (110/3000) * 883 = 32.4 )

And the dataview window states this tournament as $Won=110 and $EVWon=45.28. (110-64.72)
All this must mean that I ran about $65 over EV in this tourney, which I didn't. I ran about $32 over EV.
Am I confused? This simply must be wrong. Granted, the negative values will be double as well so it will "even out" in the long run. As I close in on the true value that is, but the apparent swings will be double.

Please, if I'm wrong just give me a reasonable explanation. Otherwise, you might look into the problem.
Thx for the fixes so far.
// Niklas

netsrak
10-31-2010, 12:50 PM
Please mail us some sample hands with link to this thread and explanation to support@holdemmanager.com

Nucko
10-31-2010, 01:59 PM
Sigh. Sure, will do. But you could just take ANY of the HH's previously attached in this thread or the bunch I've sent before. But, its in the mail...

Patvs
10-31-2010, 10:54 PM
OK, cool. I might as well throw this out there as well. One request/suggestion I have. Since I play a lot during the times 22:00-04:00 local time, I adjust the "day start time" to 06:00 under settings. As the setting states it applies to all "today filters". And this works great when I'm reviewing my results for the current day or yesterday.

But it would make a lot of sense if this went further than this.
// Niklas

If you use the options--> settings--> adjust import times (and for example add +6 hours) to your PokerStars hands so when they are imported they'll be adjusted to your local time, this should solve your issue.

I also am waiting for the fix because my 4-man husng stats are usually wrong,

This should be fixed in 1.11.05a
However it will require you to reimport all the hands into a NEW database.
(or fully purge the hands first and then reimport them)

One example from today:
Only one hand in the entire 2man $55+2.50 SnG is Allin and therefore EV-calculated.
Allin preflop with KK for me and AK for him. Im pretty much exactly a 70% favorite. I had 70 more chips than him, so there was 2930 in the pot.

I won, and HM correctly calculates that I won 883 chips "more than I should have". (cEV Diff = -883)
But then alsa states that this equates to almost 65$ "more than I should have". ($EV Diff = -$64.72)

Email us the handhistory

Nucko
11-01-2010, 08:12 AM
If you use the options--> settings--> adjust import times (and for example add +6 hours) to your PokerStars hands so when they are imported they'll be adjusted to your local time, this should solve your issue.

This I've already done, it has been set to +6 all along. They are all reported in the correct local time. I'm sorry to say, but a few of these answers now seem to automated for my liking. Like your not really paying enough attention.

The issue/suggestion I had was that my workday is really from say 06:00-06:00, not 00:00-24:00. There is an option to "adjust all the today filters", and thats great. I set that to 6 hours and every time I filter by "today" or "yesterday" this works just as one would want.

BUT if you go to Tourney->Results and under the Stats-tab choose daily-report. So that you get a daily report like:

2110/10/01 ......
2110/10/02 ......
2110/10/03 ......
2110/10/05 ......
2110/10/06 ......

Then THESE results are based on the times 00-24.
If I for example only played one day last month, say the 10.th of Oct. I played 100 tournies from 20:00 until 02:00. If I look at the results the same day via the today filter, I can clearly see that I played 100 tournies that day.
But if I later go to the daily report it will say something like maybe:

2110/10/10 #68 ......
2110/10/11 #32 ......

Hope this is clear enough. You really should be able to set your 'worktimes' for everything, not only the todayfilters.

And, as previously stated, already sent the hand in question to your mailbox.
But, as also previously stated, the EV-issue is true for ANY hand in a HU Stars-SnG. You don't have to choose my particular example, I chose it cause it was somewhat simple.

Patvs
11-03-2010, 12:48 AM
So the "start day at" only affects cashgames... and not SNG/MTTs.
OK, I'll sent a bug report about this to the programmer.

infinii
11-03-2010, 01:27 PM
FWIW, HUPLO SNG get imported but not the winnings (this happened in all 4 sng's I won)

Then I played 1 turbo and it imported everything correctly

HEM 1.11.05

Question: The suggestion to have mtt summaries emailed and then pasted to a text file to import into HEM, will it overwrite the partially imported sng's correctly or will my db be corrupt with duplicates?

note: I just noticed that the sng's are being imported with "Tourney Size" of 4 players instead of 2 as well as "Tourney Tables" at 3 or more

Patvs
11-03-2010, 11:12 PM
It's not possible to get duplicate hands/tournies, since they won't be imported if already in the database.

The summaries will overwrite/update the missing info: finish position, $Won,etc.

hgt1
11-10-2010, 09:16 AM
hi,

i downloaded the latest version (1.11.05aa) but my HUSNGs still getting imported wrong on pokerstars.com, its the same problem as it was before, the games been recognized as 4man HUsngs and the adjusted EV line is messed up. these are turbo games 6-11$ buyin

netsrak
11-10-2010, 10:05 AM
Yep, unfortunately it wasn't fixed yet. Should be in the next release.

Nucko
11-15-2010, 07:47 PM
I got your new release on the 11.th of November.

Now some of the EV results are correct, but some are even more off, because they are 0 !

One hand for instance I got it in with twopair vs AA on turn. cEVdiff correctly says 2389, but $EVdiff says 0 !

Here is the hand in question, so you dont bug me for more HH's etc:

PokerStars Game #52757929549: Tournament #331962706, $55.00+$2.50 USD Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level IV (50/100) - 2010/11/16 0:33:37 CET [2010/11/15 18:33:37 ET]
Table '331962706 1' 2-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: xXxRamboxXxx (1460 in chips)
Seat 2: niiklaas (1540 in chips)
xXxRamboxXxx: posts small blind 50
niiklaas: posts big blind 100
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to niiklaas [Qc 6s]
xXxRamboxXxx: calls 50
niiklaas: checks
*** FLOP *** [4d 6c Jd]
niiklaas: checks
xXxRamboxXxx: bets 100
niiklaas: raises 150 to 250
xXxRamboxXxx: calls 150
*** TURN *** [4d 6c Jd] [Qs]
niiklaas: bets 300
xXxRamboxXxx: raises 400 to 700
niiklaas: raises 490 to 1190 and is all-in
xXxRamboxXxx: calls 410 and is all-in
Uncalled bet (80) returned to niiklaas
*** RIVER *** [4d 6c Jd Qs] [4c]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
niiklaas: shows [Qc 6s] (two pair, Queens and Sixes)
xXxRamboxXxx: shows [As Ad] (two pair, Aces and Fours)
xXxRamboxXxx collected 2920 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 2920 | Rake 0
Board [4d 6c Jd Qs 4c]
Seat 1: xXxRamboxXxx (button) (small blind) showed [As Ad] and won (2920) with two pair, Aces and Fours
Seat 2: niiklaas (big blind) showed [Qc 6s] and lost with two pair, Queens and Sixes

There are A LOT of hands where $EVdiff incorrectly says 0. It seems that only one hand/tourny is NOT $EV=0. So this is strange. But cant make sense of it, sometimes its the first hand sometimes not.

Im seriously getting ready to dust off my old copy of PT3, these are all such easily fixed problems...

Hope you will get around to it.
// Niklas

Nucko
11-16-2010, 12:06 PM
Just to clarify my slightly tilted post last night. The $EV number now seems to be correct. BUT if there is more than one allin situation in the SnG the program will only calculate one, the rest is set to 0. Its very strange, since cEVdiff is calculated in all of them, but every $EVdiff is 0. (Not to mention how weird it is that a problem this easily noticed is actually released in an update to start)

Here is some HH for you to help with the problem. Please do not tilt me up more by asking me to send it via mail to support :D, all that is needed is attached right here.

Nucko
11-16-2010, 02:31 PM
Furter reduced the problem. Only the last hand (timewise) has a value in $EVdiff. All others are zero.

Nucko
11-19-2010, 11:46 PM
No reaction at all to the EV being way more broken now than in the last version?
A confirmation that the problem is on the list would be nice :confused:

fabio
11-20-2010, 10:30 AM
Hi,

we'll look into it :)

Nucko
11-26-2010, 11:29 PM
Man you must be understaffed or something. Nothing in version d either.

How long can it really take to fix this, absolutely simplest of problems? It has been over two months now and I am sure you cannot blame me for being slightly annoyed.

All that is needed is that the $EVdiff value is set to ((cEVdiff/TotalChips)*BuyIn)). As of now only the last hand is calculated, the rest is set to zero by some mysterious reason.

Its the easiest thing in the world to calculate EV fo HU SnG's, since you can use exactly the same module as for cashgames, except you have to take into account the different buyins and starting chips.

Please just fix this. It cannot take an experienced programmer more than 10 minutes.

GameOver
11-27-2010, 01:32 AM
when the **EDIT** are u idiots gonna fix this **EDIT**, I paid for this garbage and now its **EDIT** useless. might aswell uninstall everything and get some other program.

Nucko
11-29-2010, 03:30 PM
when the **EDIT** are u idiots gonna fix this **EDIT**, I paid for this garbage and now its **EDIT** useless. might aswell uninstall everything and get some other program.

Maybe not the phrasing I would have used, but kinda have to agree somewhat.
I hope this problem is being put a high priority by now. Maybe not bc its a very critical thing to fix (Even though it absolutely is for us that play HU SnG's), but for the fact that something this simple should not be broken for almost a quarter of a year. The program does, as the quote above so brutally says, not perform the tasks that I as a costumer have paid for.

B-Money
11-30-2010, 01:24 PM
I have a dev call today with the team and I'll see what the hold up is.

B-Money
12-01-2010, 05:10 PM
This is one of our top priorities right now and Programming is working on a fix. I'll be on them until this is fixed.

-B

GameOver
12-02-2010, 04:28 AM
any idea of how long it would take? less than a week?

GameOver
12-04-2010, 12:26 AM
any idea of how long it would take? Less than a week?

bumppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp pppppppppppppp

GameOver
12-04-2010, 12:34 AM
Mods, how do I download an older version, a friend of mine is running 1.11.04 and works fine for HUSNGs, so can some1 gimme a link or somtin to 1.11.04

B-Money
12-04-2010, 02:25 AM
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Download Links For Past Builds (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/426/Download+Links+For+Past+Builds)

You can find this link in HM under the Help/Previous Releases heading too.

I'm working on getting this fixed and it should make it for the next release.

Nucko
12-09-2010, 01:34 PM
Mods, how do I download an older version, a friend of mine is running 1.11.04 and works fine for HUSNGs, so can some1 gimme a link or somtin to 1.11.04

Confirmed, this version seem to work correctly for 2person HU matches. But the problem is that it can not handle 4p tournies correctly. Patiently waiting for the fix...

GameOver
12-10-2010, 07:47 AM
any day now... :(

GameOver
12-11-2010, 09:56 PM
any week now... :(

The Minder
12-11-2010, 11:05 PM
You folks sure are patient.

GameOver
12-12-2010, 08:01 AM
any month now... :(

GameOver
12-13-2010, 10:40 AM
any year now... :(

morny
12-14-2010, 12:54 AM
Sorry this one took so long lads, I've tested our internal version with some of the samples here and some of the other testers have also tested their samples and all looks good.

We just have an issue with the licensing system we need to sort out so peoples licensing isnt affected, once we get that fixed well get the update out, keep an eye on the releases forum for 1.11.05e with the fix

coelho
01-03-2011, 07:02 PM
Sorry this one took so long lads, I've tested our internal version with some of the samples here and some of the other testers have also tested their samples and all looks good.

We just have an issue with the licensing system we need to sort out so peoples licensing isnt affected, once we get that fixed well get the update out, keep an eye on the releases forum for 1.11.05e with the fix

I'm running 1.11.05e with a new DB since 01/01/2011 and still have the problem mentioned before. When playing 4man HUSNG and I finish 3th or 4th, SOMETIMES (don't know why it isn't consequent) it says finishing position 3th, number of players 2. This also for bigger HUSNG tournaments like the knockouts with 256 people (finished 32, number of players 8).

Then there's still the other problem when finishing 2nd in a 4mans: It says correctly that I'm 2nd of 4, but gives me also all the pricemoney while it should be $0. I don't recognize the problem where 1/4 gets 2 times the prizemoney.

Still busy with it now especially Nucko seems to have given up with chasing this bug?

Nucko
01-03-2011, 07:23 PM
I just came back from vacation and downloaded the new version and created a new database. It is still broken as hell and I am frankly pissed off. Still, a bunch of my 4 man 57.5's says 330$ as pricemoney when it should be 220. And a couple of second place finishes says 110$ prizemoney, which would be nice but is ofc false. (It's 0)

And still a load of instances where $EV is 0 despite there beeing a fully reasonable number in cEVDiff. So the EV issue is NOT solved at all.

Really support? Is this the service you provide?
Is this honestly such a complicated problem that it will take six months to figure out? All this buggy software can do for me right now is to track and save my played hands, sure thats decent but only worth so much.

B-Money
01-03-2011, 08:25 PM
Morny is off for the night but I'm going to play some of these right now. I'll post my results shortly.

Last I checked some of the reporting was off if the summary wasn't imported, but when the summaries imported everything was fine. Stars writes summaries to your hard drive now. I'll play 2 HU tourneys on Stars and 2 4-man HU. If there is a bigger one that is low buyin I'll also play that and report back.

B-Money
01-03-2011, 10:22 PM
Got sidetracked with some other work but I played a few of these shoving like a fool to get some control hands. I did see a couple problems and I've moved this to the top of the bug list.

I dismissed this bug earlier because the testing I did found no errors if the summary was imported. I was either wrong or the bug got introduced again. Either way it's on the HOT list for things to get fixed.

-B

coelho
01-04-2011, 06:27 AM
Either way it's on the HOT list for things to get fixed.

-B

That means a solution before the weekend? :)

Nucko
01-04-2011, 02:36 PM
I have been more thorough now and 2 man seem to be working, EV issue seem fine. When I started a new database and imported my tournies, almost 10K of them, they all should have had summaries but I cant be fully sure ofc. I might have disconnected sometimes etc.

I have not played the 4 man for quite a while, partly because they were so broken here and it bothered me not beeing able to view my results without a lot of manual tracking, so can not confirm the prizemoney issue here. I had a lot of anomalies, but can not be 100% that it was not due to missing summaries. What I def. can confirm is that they have an EV-issue. From what I gather it seems to calculate a $EVDiff for the first match only, not for the second.

I will probably play a lot soon and will report back then. I hope that list is burning hot. I like the enthusiasm but also realize this is the third time I have gotten this "We are all over it"-response. I reaaally need this to be fixed soon, as I recently switched to Stars, made Supernova in December and need everything working for the new year.

coelho
01-10-2011, 05:40 AM
That means a solution before the weekend? :)
Seemed to be wishful thinking... :(

B-Money
01-10-2011, 06:56 AM
I talked to the parsing Programmer last week. He mentioned these tourneys are a bit of a hack because the info isn't always in the HH and summary. He's going to have another crack at it this week and I'm hoping we get something that is 100% for the next release.

Nucko
01-13-2011, 12:50 PM
I talked to the parsing Programmer last week. He mentioned these tourneys are a bit of a hack because the info isn't always in the HH and summary. He's going to have another crack at it this week and I'm hoping we get something that is 100% for the next release.

I'd be very interested to hear specifics here. Exactly what is the missing information? Because that does just not sound right...
Pokerstars can accurately track the tournies and results, so can a human beeing by reading the HH's and the summaries. Then an outside program should be able to as well. But maybe it's true. If so please give specifics and we will have to inform pokerstars, I am sure they would like to know about it.

coelho
01-19-2011, 04:25 AM
Any news?

B-Money
01-19-2011, 01:33 PM
I played 8 of these 4 player HUSNG's on stars the other day and things were working fine. I was on a internal version but nothing had been changed on the Programming side. I did notice some problems, but once summaries imported things matched up perfectly.

I also went back and tested the hands above where I thought I had the problem and requested summaries and things matched up fine again. This build was released for the Table Scanner folks and you can give this build a whirl and let me know your results.
http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/Hm_1.11.06_Internal.exe

If you still have issues, please send me a PM so we can get the HH's and summaries and look into it further. Ignore the build notes in this internal version. They are not accurate to what the build is.

coelho
01-19-2011, 04:35 PM
Just one quesion before I try: What do you mean by importing summaries? Do you request Stars for Tourney summaries after you have played? If I do that, tourney sizes and finish positions are displayed correctly. I only thought that it should be displayed correctly after auto importing hands. Or is tourney size not displayed in hand histories?

Patvs
01-19-2011, 10:10 PM
Stars now saves all summaries to your harddisk.

Read our updated Tournament Summary section @ FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Poker Stars Setup (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/6/Poker+Stars+Setup)

HoldemManager can't extract: tourney size, finish position, winnings from the handhistory file.
It'll only update that info in HoldemManager AFTER the summary file has been imported (at the end of the SNG)

Nucko
02-01-2011, 12:39 AM
Here is the example I promised in a PM showing that the EV is still broken.

B-Money
02-01-2011, 01:46 AM
EV issue is documented and in queue for Programming. Sorry, I don't have a time line on when it will be fixed.

Nucko
02-01-2011, 03:44 PM
EV issue is documented and in queue for Programming. Sorry, I don't have a time line on when it will be fixed.

Well you can bump it up to major issue again hopefully. Because I finished a session just a moment ago and the lovely old wrong winnings is still there.
I finished 2/4 in the tournament and the winnings says 110$. (Suppose to be 0 because it is ofc winner takes all.)
And yes, the tournament summary was imported correctly. Even imported it again to be sure. All this is on the 1.11.06 internal version.

And am now officially rather pissed off. I can agree that this issue might not overcome the urgency of fixing other things as critical as hands not importing etc. But is that really what you are trying to provide? The bare minimum functionality? All of us others who have paid for this program, are we suppose to accept this? Beeing able to use just the absolut core functions like handimporting etc?

I am not asking a lot. This is not some obscure problem with a minor site. This is a tournament problem on frikkin pokerstars! It messes upp pretty much everything for people who play these tourneys there, since we have to go back and review maybe 150 tournies everyday we play. We cannot be sure that the winnings are correct, we cant be sure of anything really since the program seems to have a real randomness while importing these. And EV is major, that is my salary. I can track my winnings by just checking the cashier at the end of my session. I would like HM to bring something other to the table than that. It is like goating someone to purchase another car because it fitted with a turbo. Then, when the turbo doesnt work, burp out the argument:
Well, hey. At least it runs.
It has to be considered major when it affects the daily winnings and/or expected winnings. If this was a problem with OOP 3Bet% I would not get so stressed out. But the fact is that this basically forces me to track all my $stats manually, and that is not something that a HM costumer should put out with.

And it has been almost SIX MONTHS!
I have a right to be upset, since now it is definitely a matter of incompetence imo, its hard to reach any other conclusion. I am tired of doing more research than the programming team seem to put into this issue, it must really be prioritized by now.

I have attached the tourney that got the incorrect winnings 110$, pls check if you get the same results. I have even gone through the trouble of creating a second new database but it still says 110$. So hopefully this helps you in your never-ending quest to fix these tourneys.

Nucko
02-05-2011, 11:26 AM
And get the *one week ignore*... standard.

B-Money
02-05-2011, 03:02 PM
Well, its been 4 days and we've been going back and forth. Sorry, I busted out a 60 hour week this week and have been busy with more critical issues.

I did import your tourney when you posted and see the issue. I've forwarded it to the parsing programmer and I looked at the summary on why this isn't being recorded correctly. I personally can't test on tables that high but the HH and summary is here so hopefully we'll get this fixed soon for you.

-B

Meteoric
09-04-2011, 06:39 AM
I want to bump this thread as pokerstars 4man husngs are still getting reported as STT sngs. I'm having to edit probably a third of all matches.

Looking through this thread it seems to suggest updates would resolve this, but I've *always* had to edit the results and I always keep on the latest HEM update.

Right now I'm on 1.12.01, and I'm still editing Tourney Size after finishing a match. After two years of playing 4man husngs and seeing this bug. This thread itself is almost a year old!

(and yet it knows I came 4th - shouldn't it realise it has something wrong when you finish fourth in a tournament with two players?)

Patvs
09-04-2011, 11:30 PM
I imported the handhistory files from nucko into 1.12.01 and they now are correctly detected.
Size = 4
Tables: 2 Table

And $EV Won is calculated.

Which games do you have to edit? When you finish in 1th, 3th or 4th place? Can you attach one of those handhistories?

Meteoric
09-05-2011, 03:09 AM
Which games do you have to edit? When you finish in 1th, 3th or 4th place? Can you attach one of those handhistories?

I've attached the hh from the last 4 days, although I didn't sort out which ones worked & which didn't - more than half didn't, so it should be obvious once imported (they're all 4mans).

Seems that 1st & 2nd place works ok, otherwise not so good for 3rd & 4th.

Sometimes a 2nd place credits you with $, although can't see any in those HH (I'll keep an eye out for it happening again - it's fairly rare).

Patvs
09-06-2011, 12:35 PM
Can you email us the handhistories to support@holdemmanager.com + the matching SUMMARY files.

Read the tournament summary section @ http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/6/PokerStarsSetup

Meteoric
09-06-2011, 04:00 PM
omg - I didn't have the summary folder set!

I feel such an idiot. I'll let you know if I get another bad import, but it really looks like I won't.

So sorry! Carry on with the great job :)

olliepower
09-06-2011, 09:47 PM
no problem