PDA

View Full Version : HEM does not import all hands

Epus
09-28-2010, 07:26 PM
Ive noticed that sometimes HEM doesnt provide info about hands that get to SD. That is the HUD wont show villains mucked hand, and I cannot find it to mark it either. Ive experienced this from time to time over the last few months, and I thought that HEM is maybe just lagging sometimes.

This problem has ocurred playing on Ipoker, Party, 888, FT, and Stars, that is all the sites Im playing on. Its also been constant over the last few upgrades(now using 1.11.05 beta 1).

But today I had a rough session and I know I lost a few BIs. I got stacked the very last hand, and I called it a day. I then wanted to check in HEM but I could not find that last hand. I found it in PTR though...

The overall result of the session in HEM wasnt even close to the real result that I know was considerable worse.

So, I have very strong reason to believe that HEM does not import all hands, and is not telling me the truth about my game. This is of course very annoying.

Is it HEM or maybe PostgresSQL? What can be done?

Thanks

Patvs
09-29-2010, 01:26 AM
Update to http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Holdem_Manager_Beta.exe

Hands played on which site today?
Can you check the handhistory files, if a the showdown of the big hand you lost was written to the .txt file. Can you reimport that file into a NEW database?

Epus
09-29-2010, 08:19 AM
That hand was played on chilipoker. I cannot find any hand histories in the .txt format in the hand history folder.

You think this can be resolved by creating a new db?

Ive been using the current db for a few months now...could fit with the time aspect of these problems...

netsrak
09-29-2010, 10:03 AM
You should find the original hands in the HM archive folder (default c:\hmarchive).

Copy them to a different folder and import them again via import file or import from folder. The new database is just for a test to see whether it works.

Epus
09-30-2010, 09:04 AM
I cannot find any ipoker hhs in the HMarchive folder. There is textfiles, some of them are empty and some has Party or FT hhs in them.

Playing yesterday(IPoker) I again noticed that a hand played didnt show up in the hud. I got the hh# in the chilipoker client, but I cannot find it anywhere on my comp. I also checked the folder for hhs already processed by HEM FWIW...

netsrak
09-30-2010, 10:19 AM
Please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files(X86)\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder (or something similar depending on your installation). It may be just called holdemmanager if you've extenstions turned off.

Epus
09-30-2010, 10:45 AM
Ok. Heres the file.

netsrak
10-01-2010, 03:37 AM
Your pokerstars import is configured twice. You can delete one of them.

Chilipoker writes xml handhistory files. They should be archive under C:\HMArchive\"year"\"month"\"day".

Please check your windows regional settings (under control panel). Are you using a non standard setting for the date / currency formats?
If you change it to english (usa) and try to import the hands - does it work?

* Please try updating to the latest version 1.11.05 Beta http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Holdem_Manager_Beta.exe

* Under Vista and Windows 7 make sure that holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe and dbcontrolpanel.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the holdemmanager.exe, dbcontrolpanel.exe and the hmhud.exe executable and select "Run as admin" from the popup menu under compatibilty.

* If that doesn't help, please check this and answer and post the questions FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: My HUD Doesn't Work (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/48/My+HUD+Doesn't+Work)

Epus
10-01-2010, 10:21 AM
Ok, so I found the Ipoker hh that did not show up in the HUD during play.

In the HMarchive folders the Ipoker hhs was found in Safari documents rather than in notpad documents. When I opened those using notepad I found the hh of interest. I then copied this hh to a new folder, using notepad, and from there imported it into HEM without any problems.

Is this safari document-thing a problem? I have Safari installed, but not really using it. Besides these problems occured before I installed Safari.

Or could it be that the database is corrupted in any way, creating this intermittent problem?

Im on XP, latest HEM upgrade, playing HU NL.

Thanks

Epus
10-01-2010, 10:22 AM
Oh, and I changed my regional settings as recommended above.

netsrak
10-02-2010, 07:26 AM
Its not a safari document, its a .xml file which is in your installation connected to your safari browser. That should be no problem.

Please create a new database and import some of the xml files for a test.

If that doesn't help please zip and mail some of the original xml handhistory files (you find them in the HM archive folder or in the handhistory folder of your poker client) together with a link to this thread and an explanation of the problem to support@holdemmanager.net. We will then try to reproduce the problem.